Universal Glyph Quest Chronicles (by Chorus Worldwide)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

The confuse status effect continues to hose my game. The enemy afflicts me with confuse, then it's my turn and the confuse status shows, and then nothing. The game doesn't crash, it still lets me tap on the enemy and displays their name, but all the glyphs are darkened and my backpack, familiar and menu icons are not visible. I have to hard close the game each time. :/ Certainly makes RNG and upgrading status resist items more important I suppose!

2. Bulk Paint

Bulk Paint Well-Known Member

Yes. This only occurs if you've got 6 glyph spells when you get confused. Basically, we added a thing that reduces your maximum spell length whilst you're confused. That, coupled with the currently selected glyphs bar we added at the bottom cause a problem. It has been fixed in the next update which is currently going through submission with Apple.

3. Bulk Paint

It's an interesting idea, but I think to do it properly would require a prohibitive amount of work - mainly to do with rebalancing the monsters and upgrade systems.

In theory, picking up the Patron Pack is converting the process to Premium anyway. Sure, there's still the premium currency, but the Patron Pack ramps up the amount of gems that we throw at you which should mean that you never need to buy any. Well, so long as you stock up on items in the town ahead of time rather than shipping them in whilst you're on a quest.

4. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    In this case, why don't you just "bake" whatever it is in the Patron Pack directly into the game without an IAP and then release it as a separate game without spending any more development time to rebalance the rest of the game? The sole purpose, of course, is to target the segment of gamers who simply cannot get pass the IAP hurdle.

I have been a fan of this series since the first game. Sad if the game can't be salvaged in any way and the series dies out with this game because of an unexpected launch mishap.

Just a thought...

5. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    So. Many. Bathylisks. Thanks for the fix!

6. Bulk Paint

So obviously with the spate of updates it means that the ratings and reviews get zeroed out each time. If you're enjoying the game, how's about leaving us a glowing endorsement?
    But only if you're enjoying the game, obviously! If you're not enjoying the game then why not tell us what's grinding your gears on here?

7. Alyindar

Welp, I'm done. The game was fine yesterday, but when I just fired it up my saved game was wiped and I'm being prompted for character creation and going through the tutorial. This bug was the only thing that held me off from the initial purchase, and seeing it still around after I bought the patron pack is making me throw in the towel.

I've purchased all the Glyph Quest games up through Chronicles and have seen improvement through each iteration. However I really don't think problems this significant should be happening so deep into your release cycle.

Thanks for the laughs. Last one you'll get from me I'm afraid.

8. Bulk Paint

What version are you playing? The newest update fixes the save game wipe. As long as you've logged in with Facebook, you should be able to pull your old save back down from the cloud.

9. Alyindar

Yes I'm on version 1.6, updated on 15-Nov. Yes I sync'd using Facebook, but since it's a manual sync and not automatic I dropped from level 21 back to the last time I uploaded at level 17, and fell back 3-4 islands and who knows how many days of farming the daily dungeon.

10. Bulk Paint

Well that's... upsetting. I was sure we'd fixed the wipe. I AM sure we've fixed the wipe. Ah well. Thanks very much for giving it a try anyway - we can only apologise for this monumentally frustrating turn of events.

11. Alyindar

I decided to try again and launched the game, and my save was wiped again. Went through the tutorial, downloaded from cloud, got the little checkmark badge over the download icon and... nothing. Closed the game and relaunched, downloaded again, nothing. So now my cloud save is gone too...

For the record, iPhone 6s on iOS 10.3.2. At least I can still play the original game.