Universal Glorkian Warrior: Trials Of Glork - (by Pixeljam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 12, 2014.

1. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is this a videogame?

2. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Yes! Very much so! It's a shmup with jumping. Maybe I should coin a new phrase for the genre?

I'll call it a shmup-jump!

3. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    No, it's real life. ;)

4. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Galaga meets Saturday night cartoon :)

5. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    This is definitely my glorkian of the week euh I mean game of the week :).

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So, I hesitated on buying this because I'm not really a high score chaser and it didn't seem like the game had enough content to keep me entertained. I decided to pick it up after reading all the good reviews and I'm really glad I did! Since downloading this morning, I haven't really stopped playing. Really fun game.

7. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    Favorite weapon? Mine is a toss up between tennis balls and flarf.

8. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    This game is SOOOOO GOOD. Indie arcade gaming at it's best. I'm asolutely in love!

9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Those are the best for me. A well planned flarf can kill anything and the tennis ball is pure destruction as they bounce on and on :D

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I'm having problems with the game, bought in the last hour and it's very stuttery and jittery, almost to the point of being unplayable,I'm using a mini on iOS 7, I've read the last few pages and can't see anything mentioned but I've not got time to go through it all, I've closed down all other apps but no joy. Any ideas anyone?

11. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    Miles (the coder) says to try shutting down and restarting your device*. I hope it works for you! He says shutting down other apps won't necessarily help.

The game does work on ipad mini, regular or retina. We haven't heard of anyone else having a problem... and members of our own team have played on ipad mini quite a bit.

*From apple's website, here's how:
    "Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your device until the red slider appears. Then drag the slider to turn your device completely off.

After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo."​

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

12. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I dunno why I didn't try that lol. Working fine now, thanks.

13. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #114 Glorkbot, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Oh, thank God. I was so worried. Enjoy the game!

We bug tested this game so hard, but you never know what's going to happen when it gets released out in the wild. I used to try mashing all the onscreen buttons at once, or randomly switching quickly between all the menus, constantly starting and quitting the game just to TRY to get it to mess up.

We also programmed the game to endlessly play itself for hours, and caught some bugs that way.

And our course, thanks also go to our fearless beta testers.

14. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Aw man, just bought the game because everyone says this game makes them smile and happy and I have been really depressed lately. It seems that there is a bug that is preventing me from getting past the "do you want to use Game Center" screen. I have tried everything I could think of, selecting different options for difficulty, controls etc and that didn't work. I also closed all apps, restarted my ipad, reinstalling the game and deleted a couple of games for more free space.
    Using ipad mini retina 7.0.4

15. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    #116 kaibosh, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Oh... This is such a fantastic game, but it desperately needs the ability to place the buttons where you want. I can't stand the 'edges' control scheme and the buttons are WAY too close together in the d-pad mode. After lacerating my hands on Slayin' and a dozen other games that refuse to acknowledge the size of the iPad, this game sadly goes too far in the opposite direction.

Please, please tell me that this request is already on the table and the Dev knows about it. Those buttons are too close, and I just can't play it as it is.

Edit: never mind, I was having too much fun to notice the 'size' option in the controls. Doh!

16. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm having the same problem! It works fine on my iphone 5 but on my ipad mini retina it won't let me past that damn Game Center screen. I really want to see the gorgeous hand drawn art on my ipad. Please fix this.

17. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    It may be linked to your Game Center settings rather than the glorkian app. Try adjusting the options in your Game Center, especially just making sure you're signed in. You'll get the game running. Here's wishing you an excellent spring on behalf of touch arcade!

18. jameslavis

jameslavis Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Just bought this and love it. What controls are you guys using? I love the options for both but hate the jump on the edges style. Usin d pad for nkwv

19. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Well, I bought the game. Not sure when I will get around to playing it. (So many games, so little time. :p )

Please, get the music to play all the time, it needs that. As soon as possible. :eek: