Universal Glorkian Warrior: Trials Of Glork - (by Pixeljam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 12, 2014.

1. heyday72

heyday72 Member

Nov 27, 2009
    #81 heyday72, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    How about that other fabulous Glorkian game Glorkbot mini adventure? Please port it to iphone, please. You see, glorkian-warrior-trials-glork is an instant classic. I know the other will to.

2. pixeljamgames

pixeljamgames Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    Good idea! We were considering something like this. Definitely something for a future update.

3. pixeljamgames

pixeljamgames Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    If we can nail the controls, we'll definitely consider it. That game gives you control of jumping, firing AND rolling/ducking (as opposed to JUST jumping). Not sure how we would translate that into touch controls. If anyone has ideas on that, feel free to share :)

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #84 Intendro, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    My point was the inexplicable lack of music... except for some of the time. :confused:

Games are supposed to have music. Especially an action game.

This game has music. But only some of the time?!
    Having no music would be on a list of "retro" things to not do. :(

In some places I've played a game with the sound and/or music off. It's more boring. :eek:

Just follow these steps:
    1. Stand there
    2. Don't press the Buy button
    3. ...
    4. ...
    5. See above steps
    ... :p
    (That was not meant to be mocking the previous half of this message.)

5. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Absolutely LOVINGthis game. Very charming.

6. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    I honestly never noticed till you brought it up! Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I'll add it to our list of possible future tweaks to consider.

On a side note... Am I posting here too much? I'm just crazy excited about the launch of my game.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Constant music on the background is good. Illl be nice to have. As for you posting, please post anything you want, I would love to see Glorkbot sketches, ideas, discarded materials, .... :)

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just wanted to add my voice to those who think this game is just effing incredible. :) It's got that awesome Adult Swim/Grumpyface vibe to it and takes a truly tried and tested formula and makes it feel so...2014. :)

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    That's an excellent way to put it...I think ;)

10. Christopherkimgood

Mar 9, 2014
    I like the look of your game. Is it more a shooter or a platform game?

11. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #91 Intendro, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    How far into the future?
    "Possible"? What? Possible?! Possible?!?! :p

But seriously, this is the only reason I'm not wanting to buy the game, there should be music! :(

Nobody should waste their time trying to convince me: I'm already convinced, except it needs to play its music all the time! Like games always do. This is such an odd problem. :eek:

An option for constant music would work for everyone... if anyone doesn't want constant music for some reason. :p
    (That is a serious suggestion.)

It's such an unusual problem. Music only some of the time during gameplay? I've never seen such a thing- well, Grand Theft Auto lacks music unless in a car. That's consistent, anyway. You're always shooting aliens in this game, it has music, and yet the music doesn't play all the time. :confused:
    In basically every action-having game ever, there is music. ...I should stop rambling on and on about it. :eek:

But, yes, seriously, fix it. Please. :)

12. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #92 Glorkbot, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    It's a shooter, with jumping. In addition to shooting galaga-like aliens, you also have to jump on guys heads like in Mario or sometimes jump to dodge alien attacks.

Destructoid just called it "like Galaga on crack".

13. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    Coming from you that's a high compliment. Thanks metalcasket!!!

14. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    So, essentially this game is like flying on a broom, and flying to the moon. On the way it makes the sound "vroom! Vroom! VROOM!" Yes, you should come, too. Trials of Glork is good for you. And I should come, three. Trials of Glork is good for me.

15. Glorkbot

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    For those that have no idea what MisterEd is talking about, he's quoting a very old song of mine called Moon Toon. Here it is performed by another band, The Philistines Jr.

16. funem

funem Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I was original not going to spend any money this week as the last few weeks have had some nice releases, but I am a sucker for good racing or shooem-up games. Initially I put this on my watch list and was going to wait for a price drop, but with the lack of IAP's and the call of a good shootem-up I just had to get it.

Plays nice and the animations are great, although in comparison to other releases the game looks a bit pricey, I would say its worth it as you get the complete package of playability, style, no IAP's and just honest to goodness fun.

I like even more to support the non freemuim developers, so its ticked all the boxes for me.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My pleasure! :) I was afraid people would misinterpret my comment, but nah...looks like my indirect "You guys reinvented the genre" message got through. ;)

18. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'd say, for anyone still trying to decide, this game is well worth the $3 asking price. It's really fun and polished. There are multiple control schemes. Also solid, colorful and extremely fun gameplay are complimented by memorable characters and enemies, humorous story elements and lots of extras. For me this game saved an otherwise dull release week. Also, why wouldn't you support such an open and active indie dev?

Great game!

Richard

19. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    #99 HansKaosu, Mar 14, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
    This game is pretty super rad

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Well some days gone by and now I can officially say it didn't suck :)

Thanks everyone who backed me, I know now my reviews a worth something, a tiny something but its something :)

(I also quoted anyone who said nice things too)

---

Fully agree Richard, without GK:ToG would have been really bad week, phewww -as in relieved, removes cold sweat from the forehead-.