Universal Glorkian Warrior: Trials Of Glork - (by Pixeljam)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow I have never seen anyone like a game like you do this one lol

2. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    By seeing the gameplay video, I can't really believe that this game wouldn't work on an iPhone 4 (especially with ios 7.1).

Too bad, so sad. More money in my pocket ;-p

3. ObsidianBlood

ObsidianBlood Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2013
    I bought this based on the recommendation of Frost and I have to say I'm not disappointed!

Really fun game, super silly and the gameplay is pretty tight.

I wasn't sure at first cause the screenshots really don't do it justice, but this is a really fun game!

4. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

So go buy new iPhone! :D
    Nah, just kidding.
    I think they will optimize it so time later.

5. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Great game. Exactly what I was expecting. Highly recommended. Check out the other Pixeljam games if you haven't they are all good. Thank you Pixeljam!

6. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Played only a few minutes but loving it already.

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I think I praised more Out There or Gesundheit for example but yeah, Glorkian Warrior is one of the best betas I ever been into, same as Whale Trail, I loved every bit of it, so much that I played them non stop for a whole month, something pretty rare on me. I bought it yesterday and it was like the first time I saw it all over again... but with leaderboards now. I love this game. I think you would love it too.

You just summarize it in a single line and you pretty much nailed it: "Really fun game, super silly and the gameplay is pretty tight". Highly agree :)

8. robotegames

robotegames Well-Known Member

Oh man, I am loving this. Super awesome art, controls are smooth and writing is cracking me up all the time. Wow!

9. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Game has exceeded all my expectations , it's so amazing and highly replayabale.Haven't had this much fun playing since Crabitron to be honest - humor, story, upgrades, beautiful art style.
    I've seen this game on Kickstarter ( actually read about it yesterday ), it's unbelievable how much work and passion was put into this game in 3 years of development, $3 is least I can do for developers and this great game.

10. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Absolutely great game! Been hooked on it since the first beta , and the game became better and better after each beta. So glad to see this has finally gone gold and most importantly that people are liking it !

Nb:

Am I right that when played on easy , score are not submitted to gc? Would be the right thing because there is no separate leaderboard for easy and normal.

11. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    I cannot say why, but the game feels a lot like warblade, without being a copy. Which actually is the highest praise i can think of for a vertical shmup.

12. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Since you have all that money in your pocket, you really SHOULD consider an upgrade. An iPhone 4 is ok for the basics but honestly, if you want to play new games you should consider getting a device that has the power to do them justice.

For the most part, devs are just going to consider the iPhone 4 less and less; there are fewer and fewer people with these devices and even fewer of those are game players; it doesn't make financial sense for a developer to spend time optimising their software for that platform.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry to go off topic but I agree. I had an iphone 4 and couldnt believe how slow it seemed to be. I only upgraded to an iphone 4s (same speed apparently as an ipod 5th gen) and its far far quicker. I dont have any crashes as i used to have on my iphone 4

I sold my iphone 4 for £120 on ebay, i noticed iphone 4s's were going for £180-£200 so its worth that bit of money to 'upgrade'.

An iphone 4s alone is far faster than the iphone 4. As you say i hope devs keep up with some of the latest machines instead of optimising them for older devices

14. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    I had an iPhone 4 and upgrading has been one of the best decisions I ever made. For gamers like us is a no brainer purchase. It just makes everything butter smooth and no longer having to worry about compatibility. I say less apps and more hardware upgrades would be wise.

15. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Great game. Played the heck out of Galaga, Galaxian and Gorf way back, so this is a very familiar, and at the same time totally different experience. Did I read somewhere that achievements via Game Center are coming via an update?

16. TheFrost

Nov 18, 2010
    @Snooptalian: Glorkbot said that achievements are coming soon :)

17. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    #57 Glorkbot, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Right now if you play on easy I believe your score will not register on the leaderboards at all.

We actually have already submitted a fix (sent it in this past Monday, I think), and hoped that apple would approve it before launch. I hope the update will go live pretty soon.

18. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Same here, loved playing these at the arcades and still today. This game gives me that same experience and is loads of fun.

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I'm wondering why you start out with only 1 1/2 hearts.

20. pixeljamgames

pixeljamgames Active Member

Apr 26, 2011
    jammin pixels
    Asheville, NC
    The game works on iPhone 4S just fine... it doesn't work on the original iPhone 4 though.

That being said, we are going to port it to Mac / PC very soon.