Girls on Touch Arcade?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jecebn, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fairlady

fairlady Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Owner: Fairlady Media
    Raleigh, NC
    As my nickname implies, I am female. Even so, I'm often referred to as "he" in forums, especially when I talk tech. ;) Being the co-founder of a game-development company definitely puts me in the gender-minority right now, but it'll be really fun when I hit it big and all the news writers want to talk about the chick who made a quarter-mill in 2 weeks... :) - fairlady

2. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Now THAT would be fun!

3. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Hah! I'm rooting for you, fairlady. I'm rooting for me as well - hey, eventually there will be a whole group of chick App Store millionaires ;)

By the way, there are already a few women who have done really well. Eliza Block of 2 Across comes to mind:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/08/04/app-store-bringing-in-strong-revenue-for-some-iphone-devs

4. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    BTW, snow_mani, your photos are awesome. The puffer fish is surreal.

5. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks. Glad you like the pics, I'll be adding some more this week (but nothing as surreal as the puffer fish). I love digital cameras. I can take lots of photos and get one or two that come out well without it costing a small fortune in film, processing and printing. The puffer fish does look like a monster from another planet. A freakish monster. I took lots of photos of it and those were the best two. Putting the camera on the sand to take the photos gave the best results.

6. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

"Sausage fest"

New words I learned through the internet. :D

I think I read it first on engadget. Ha ha! :eek:

7. iceblue

iceblue Member

Jan 13, 2009
    I'm a girl too. Tee hee...

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I agree! I am a newbie to TA and it's great to know that I am not alone on here! My name is Candy but even though it's in my username, people still say "dude" or in a reply "that guy" or something. lol.

I'm happy to be here! I've been a longtime gamer since back in the day. I don't play as many games as I would like because I have more responsibility, bills, etc but at least I have my beloved new Ipod Touch!

Hello to all my fellow sisters on TA! :):D

9. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    You are not alone girl! I am 42! I feel kind of strange on some forums because the majority is teen boys but coming here I can see there are some folks here closer to my age and gender I can see! :D

10. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Welcome Candy! (Well, kinda - 86 posts already)
    No matter which gender or age - we all have one thing in common: we're iPod/iPod Touch application enthousiasts!

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Girls like video games?!?! :eek:
    J/K, I just wish my wife was cool enough to actually participate in the forums... She plays games, but could really care less about them...:(

12. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    this reminds of when i used to play guild wars and I thought my guild leader was a girl (they had a swedish name) for 3/4 months, it was funny

13. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hello!

Hello Candy! Nice to meet you. :)

14. Fazzy

Fazzy Well-Known Member

Lolz, just had to quote this. Yes, everyone, we are enthusiasts of IPOD/ITOUCH games ONLY. No Iphone games for you guys.
    And I think that this thread should be appropriately titled "Females on TA?" due to the fact that most of the "girls" on here are over 25.

15. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I just think of people on the forums as just people. No age, no gender, just people. It simplifies things a bit. Except the he/she situations. I have no way around that :p

Ok. I'm confused. So what's the age majority? Or does that not matter *chuckles nervously*

Oh, and awesome to have chicks on the forums. Spices things up a bit (and things need spicing 'round here. pablo and IBITF just aren't doing it :D)

16. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Hi there! Same here! The TA forums are now my favorite next to the slacker.com ones.

Nice to meet everyone guys and girls :)

17. Nicque

Nicque Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I'm a girl and personally I enjoy correcting posts when they assume I'm a guy

18. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Since some guys make pretend they are girls online (Why they do this is beyond anything I can think of), I wonder if some guy here will make up a female profile? I sure hope not.

I think the other girls would agree, a lot of "fake" girls are very much noticable as soon as they say something. It's so obvious

19. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    LOL thanks for pointing that out. :D

20. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    I don't get it why people read LADY and DEB and STILL call us he :(