Girlfriend wants to gets married im only 18

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Hambo12, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I would say never get married at all, you don't play the same game your whole life now don't you.

2. pghs2kid

pghs2kid New Member

Nov 10, 2014
    #62 pghs2kid, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
    I couldn't stop smiling reading all of this lol

My first serious girlfriend was the same way when she was 16 and I will say if we had gotten married it would have ended a few years later. Now shes 23 and coincidentally married!

The point maybe is that this is not a phase but just what this girl wants. Might not even matter to who, if in love or not, etc. she just wants the title "married".

Im not sure if this has happened to anyone else but ive also noticed when dating girls if their friends start getting married/having kids they start talking about it.. Its like a terrible bug.

stay single. no ragrets :)

3. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Ayah this thread is nuts.
    There are many good points and counterpoints raised here though.

Personally, I'd say wait a bit. Let the "Honeymoon" phase pass. If the relationship survives past that, then you may have something. Whatever you do, don't rush blindly.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran

You need to ask your question here:

Ask Saansilt

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    It's better to get the opinions of lots of people here instead of just one. Who needs expensive therapy when you have Touch Arcade, right?! Hey, this site can cover a lot more than just gaming! All-inclusive right here!:D

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Hopefully Hambo hasn't responded because he's on his honeymoon.

7. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    I'd say that's a very immature way to view it and your opinion will most likely change in a few years.

Personally I've been married for over 27 years now and it was the best thing we ever did, sharing my life with my soul mate is wonderful and I've not regretted it for a moment.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Don't agree with that. As people grow their views change

I never wanted to get married in my 20s. I played the field then settled down in my 30s. Didn't want kids until a few years ago. Now have two

People's views change over time

9. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I thought you were in your 20s?

That thread is buried on the third page of the loubge. No one is asking anything anymore.

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Have you been demoted from being the TA guru? You need to set up a series of trials for people, like climbing tall mountains, or walking through fire prior to getting to ask a question. When things are easy, people take advantage and get easily bored. It is only when things are difficult that people persist.

11. veronica.m

veronica.m Active Member

Oct 22, 2014
    Hambo12, hope that you will see that post. Really unusual to find those questions on a game and apps forum, but I guess that's because you believe in this community. Anyhow, hope my advice will help and here it is- I met my husband when I was 21 and not looking for marriage or anything like that. We dated a while, then moved in together and after being 6 years in the relationship got married. My younger sister on the other hand got married at 23 (they dated for 3 years). I know people who were married at 19 and at 21 already divorced. What I'm trying to say here is that no one definitive right answer, but I strongly believe that you should take the time to get to know each other 'for real' and not rush into it. i believe that in a few years you will know the answer yourself.
    Good luck!!

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    At the end of the day if you think shes your soulmate (I mean what are the 'chances' of meeting 'the one' just a mile down the road when the worlds a huge huge place eh !!) but if you think shes the one and you're head over heels in love with her and want to be with her for the rest of the life you wouldn't be asking strangers on a games forum what to do would you ?

Just take your time, you dont have to show how much you love her or your commitment by marrying her, you can show how much you care by say moving in with her or something else than marriage (for now).

But again at your age i thought i loved any girl walking past in a skirt, hence all the songs about 'puppy love'

13. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Where did Hambo go!?

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    I think she kidnapped him.
    Maybe the girl is a Yandere...

15. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Sorry I was a bit harsh here, if I meet the right women I might get married but I am becoming 44 next year so the changes are thin, I am a bit of a loner Ha Ha.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    GUYS IM NOT GETTING MARRIED YET &#55357;&#56877; LOL IM ONLY 18 I told her can we wait until we are older much older thanks for all the help and comments!! I'm 18 and only 5'2 do I even look like an adult?

17. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    HE LIVES!
    Wise choice mate.

Thread over now.

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Hambo can I come to the wedding?

19. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    ATTENTION: Hambo has been sighted.

Attached Files:

20. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Yes you can if i ever get married Eli :) I want a monument valley cake!