Giant iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by brewstermax, Jan 2, 2009.

1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Of course this is just a rumor, but this excites me. I want a Mac tablet, and it looks like I just might get it. Take off that home button, and everything, and we have a winner. Run iPhone OS, and leave the ability to play games, and it would be great. I hope for a 4.3", 7", and 9" model. I'd get 2, the 4.3" and the 9". The 9" for serious browsing on the go, and a 4.3" for the games, as 4.3 would still be small enough for accelerometer games. (could you imagine picking a 9" up and tilting it. That would be crazy.

It seems unlikely, but I can always hope. Click the smilie for the link.

:)

2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm not quite sure what you gain by having a bigger iPod touch. I can understand a larger device similar to the iPod touch but more advanced, but it sounds like you just want the same device in a larger package.

Personally, I hope they release a typical netbook with a keyboard and everything. I think that'd be cool. Of course I wouldn't buy it, since I would have my iPod touch and Blackberry for mobile web needs

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    i doubt they'd make three models of a brand new product.. That would be cool, yes, especially if they could get a broadband chip in there, but i think one of the best assets that the iphone/ipouch line has is the App Store..

I wonder what pricing they would have?

4. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Way too expensive, but not the point. I don't think that it would be part of the iPod Touch line, and no, I don't want just a larger version or the same product. I want an Apple Tablet, and I want it now. Macbook Touch? Macbook Mini Touch? I don't really care, but if Apple was smart they would keep the iPhone OS for speed. Or Tiger, which Apple has based everything on, including AppleTV and the iPhone OS.

5. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    It's kinda hard to keep in pace with technologies nowadays.

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    i would soo freaken get that