iPad GI Joyride or Dr.Arugula

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jesserg, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Jesserg

Jesserg Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
  2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    Definitely get GI Joyride... it's fun for a quick play... I think Dr. Arugula would be fun too, but I'm ambitious on the GIJ update..

3. Danny-Doggy

Danny-Doggy Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Dr. Arugula doesn't run well on first gen ipod touches so I wouldn'yt get that one. Gi Joyride is a lot of fun and well worth $.99.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I have both games and IMHO it just depends on what type game you like. Dr. Arugula is a 3D shooter which is pretty fun and it has free play. G.I. Joyride has great physics and has a lot of replay value in that levels are different each time and you can get awards based on how well you did.

In the end it's up to you to decide which you would prefer.
    (Dr. Arugula may or may not get an update so I would go for G.I. Joyride)

5. anonymous

anonymous Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    skater
    US
    gi joyride

definatly worth the .99$

6. TRIPLE BEAM DREAM

TRIPLE BEAM DREAM Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Door County
    I own both and at this point G.I. Joy Ride is the smoother running of the two, hopefully we will see an update for Dr. Arugula, it really needs a few tweaks, I do enjoy the both of them.

7. Jesserg

Jesserg Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I have a 2nd Gen Ipotch so should i get both then? because it apparently works better on 2nd gen.

8. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I don't have Dr. A, so I can't comment on the game, but I have GI Joyride and it's totally my favourite game! There's just something about the graphics, controls, sounds, etc. that they got PERFECT! I find it's one of the few games I've ever had on my Touch that I'm actively craving!

Edit: I'm playing it on a 1st gen Touch, and the framerate is superb. Plus, you can turn on or off many of the visual elements, which should make things run even faster! (That said, I only have the "smoke" turned off, because it's distracting. Ever other element is running and it looks fine!)

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    +1, I own both and agree.

10. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Ditto to Rich and everyone else on this thread...GI Joyride is your best bet--better mechanics, content, replayability, and an update coming up in April.

11. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Wow Dr Arugula looks hilarious! I'm in! GI Joyride too wth I have 2 bucks in couch change here somewhere.

12. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    :D My favorite weapon is the chainsaw.

EDIT: 200th post!

13. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    +1 on the chainsaw.

I think gi joyride is better right now. Both need updates, but joyride is 100% going to get an update and I don't think dr arugula is planning on having an update. All arugula needs is the monsters to not come in waves so they can build up. Plus, it needs more weapons (it says 7 weapons but it has like 3 rocket launchers, but it does have mines and grenades which is good).

14. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Man, I really found Dr Arugula's 'Box of Death' to be craptastic. At first I thought the blocky graphics would be retro-funny but they kinda just stink. I can't tell if the slo-mo effect is intentional or just a horrible framerate; either way it feels like the game is being played in the La Brea tar pits. Good thing this was only a buck. Needs major work to be fun IMO.

GI Joyride on the other hand IS absolutely hilarious, that game needs more press, it's great!

15. Camaro8

Camaro8 Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Get G.I. Joyride.... I love the way it looks and plays...and the sound is great too when you run over the Nazi's :D..