Universal GHOST TRICK: Phantom Detective (by CAPCOM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #142 ikemike, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    Gosh darn it, I wish the format of the IAP screen was more clear about things. I accidentally bought the first set, and so had to pay $15 for all the chapters. =(

I wish they had the last button say "ALL CHAPTERS" or something.

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Yea the way they worded the extra chapters was super confusing.

3. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    So how far into the game are you all? :)

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Completed the first two chapters and bought the other chapters for 7,99 €.
    I really love this game, it's an awesome port and surely worth the money.
    I think it's awesome to work with iAP, because this way people can download the game for free and find out if they like it. According to Phoenix Wright I waited until the game was on sale (0,79 €) only to find out that it surely is worth a much higher price.
    I can only recommend Ghost Trick to anyone who loves Phoenix Wright.

5. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Completed chapter 9 (that was a tough one btw) and half way done. I need to finish this game asap so I can get back to my normal life.

6. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The drama around here is really getting old. Seems every thread has some sort of bickering going on nowadays. :(

On topic: Glad this came out on iOS as I never would have gave it a try otherwise. I have a 3DS but honestly never gave this game a second look when it came out on the DS. Just didn't think it would interest me, but I couldn't have been more wrong. It is an awesome game so far from the first chapter I played for free. Gonna go ahead and buy the full game later today. Anyone know if they are planning on a 3DS specific version of the game? It would look really cool IMO in 3D.

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    You never know, but I doubt it. The game was released 1 or 2 years ago on the DS, so you'll probably only ever see anything like it on the 3DS if there's a sequel (which I don't know if it makes sense, since I didn't finish the game yet - and I don't want spoilers ;) ).

8. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think 5$ is okay, 10$ is just too much, or wait for a reduction..

9. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    Finished the game. All I can say is 8 euros well spent! Missile the dog was my favorite.

There's no sense in keeping this on my phone right? Not like there's going to be DLC or something...

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Deleted a number of off-topic posts (including mine). Back to the game discussion...

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The game came out last year (in the US at least). Unfortunately, even though it was very well received by critics, it kind of bombed commercially. I doubt that you will see a sequel or expansion on the 3DS, unless it makes a big splash on iOS.

12. plasmakirby3

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Why is this thread so inactive? :(

13. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Because most threads don't actually talk about the game itself. That's why some threads have a ton of pages of posts since some people don't even talk about anything related to the game. And, because sizzlakalonji probably deleted a lot lot posts that weren't related to the game.

EDIT: Oh! And another reason is because people are too busy playing the game to talk on the thread! :)

Btw, some guy complained that apparently the the options to buy the iAP aren't worded properly. Is it? I think it is clearly understandable that choosing Chapter 3 - END is clearly the option to buy the rest of the game.

14. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    yikes
    I was really wanting to love this game. I LOVE the animation, the style, and the originality, but the repetition in the storytelling and dialog is painful.

I really got tired of it quickly.
    "Did you get tired of it quickly?"
    Yes, I got tired of it quickly.:rolleyes:

Really?

15. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    I would get this, although I've never played it before, sounds pretty cool, and $10 is reasonable. But 550mbs installation size makes the blood rush the opposite way to the walls of my ja-mime-a

Maybe I'll get the Mac version..if or when it comes out..

16. plasmakirby3

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    It's to make sure people who don't pay much attention to the text will still be able to follow with the story.

17. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Just completed Ghost Trick, definitely one of the best games I've played on the iPhone.
    The story really becomes better and better as more is explained, especially towards the end. :D

Spoiler:
    They should really create a game just for Missile alone.

18. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Part of the reason could be the nature of the game. While many other games have strategies/builds/etc to discuss, all anyone needs to do to complete GT is visit GameFAQs.

19. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Yes, it is quite poorly worded.