Universal Ghost Blade (by YuShi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lujunbin, Oct 21, 2014.

1. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    So the controls and movement in this game is pretty damn good. Enjoying this so far

2. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    loving the graphics, they have done a great job using UDK, and i love the fighting system kinda reminds me of a mix between strider and DMC, who cares about translation a good game is a good game, if this was from a big company and there were no plans on releasing it elsewhere people were playing it with original language and still loving it, i have just a couple of problems.

1: i love to see a joystick button config.

2: realtime shadows the new-gen devices can handle it even last-gen.

3: the first boss was a little hard for no reason i felt like it auto locked on him and i couldn't dodge so i died and it made me use my only revive and i believe revives are IAP so it felt a little unfair.

other than that 5star so far its great buy it and enjoy guys.

3. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    The game keeps crashing on my iphone 5 8.1 so cant really give impressions ive tried restarting and cleaning ram but no luck yet

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yuff.. i'm still waiting for deathbat's dev to reply to my questions from 3 days ago.. but thanks for your input and trying to help! Also, i just saw that continues are IAPs??? ouch..

5. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Portrait Mode is a No-No for these types of action games.

It is very inconvenient for iPad users in general and even worse for iPad users with smaller hands.

Please consider a landscape mode. Until then, I am not buying it even though the game looks great.

Anyway, congratulations on your game.

6. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ugh. I was hoping for a joystick/button config. I still may pick it up. It looks cool.

7. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I find portrait to actually be equally comfortable on iPad. iPhone it feels cramped though.

Then again, I have pretty big hands. I can palm my iPad in portrait.

8. Zaskar

Zaskar Active Member

May 6, 2010
    Anyone know what the difference between Intelligent and Manual mode is when selecting new game? Is it something you can change afterwards without resetting your game?

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Omg I bought this and tried it you weren't kidding about the translation #

10. Lujunbin

Lujunbin Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    At first we think like you, we think play this game on ipad is better then iphone. But we sell in China for a month , many players say they prefer to play on the iphone.

11. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    thank you

12. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Intelligent mode and Manual mode is the way how character attack. In Intelligent mode, some attack will be automatic, for instance, after jump you will fire dagger automatically, and keep slash with just once finger swipe. But in Manual mode, like the name suggested, it's all manual.

13. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    thank you, We are trying to improve the translation:)

14. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    If you need a translator my wife is a professional translator and she is Chinese

15. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    IAP is totally NOT necessary and forced in this game! You can get enough Crystal and Money in the game, and buy all the items/cloth/weapons without IAP

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I really dislike the dual currencies despite this being a premium 5$ game. Hopefully it isn't required in the long run. Been playing for a hour now and this defiantly is a battery drainer

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If i remember correctly, ninja gaiden DS was also in portrait mode. Didnt make it a flaw at all.

18. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Oh, Thank you sou much!!! Did she work in china?

19. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    We design that "All-Swipe-Attack" system looking for a more instinctive way to enjoy the game. For instance, In battle you can attack far away target by a single swipe, without moving character by joystick.

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow, don't know how I missed this. I'm 90% sure I'm going to get this tonight.

Questions.. is there any replayability (since the game is short)? What about customization? I saw the description said collect clothes (costumes) - so I guess how many characters are there and how many costumes are there for collection purposes? And is it easy to pull off these crazy moves like in the trailer? I saw the trailer and it looked amazing but I can imagine me swiping all over the place trying to make combos activate. However seems like there's a lot of good impressions about the controls.

@Lujunbin: I love the app icon! You chose a great picture. Please keep it that way :)