Universal Ghost Blade (by YuShi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lujunbin, Oct 21, 2014.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It was an absolute pleasure. :) You guys don't need to thank me...like I said earlier, I was just at the right place and the right time. If not me, I'm sure someone else with the same passion for this incredible game would've offered to do the same thing.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woohoo front page mention for MC! Grats man!

3. Lujunbin

Lujunbin Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Thank you for your advice.:)

4. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #224 Vovin, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Wow, lol. I am totally surprised that this game passed me without noticing.

Hey guys. I don't know if I am a little late to the party, but first of all, I am proud of you guys - especially metalcasket, for helping the dev out so much and showing what it means to be part of a community.

So, what I want to do is to offer my services.
    Of course I'll buy this game today (after I picked up an iTunes gift Card later) to support an awesome and polite developer; furthermore, if you need any help with a German translation for the game (or fixing errors and typos), I am more than willing to do this job. Completely free of charge, of course.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    ^ Good man! And better late than never.

I think it's awesome so many people want to help. Shows that good people still exist that aren't motivated by "what's in it for me?"

Anyhow, I think someone also offered to work on Spanish earlier but it seems like they don't have plans to add any other languages at the moment. But maybe they'll change their mind :) It'd be better so it can get more global coverage with more languages.

I'm proud of people that can speak / write more than 1 language. I unfortunately cannot and I'm born with terrible memory. I can't memorize for crap :\

6. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So I decided to buy this game. Pretty cool. Only issue is I'm playing on iPad and swiping all over the screen is a bit tiring and covers up what I'm seeing. But otherwise pretty nifty stuff.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

You should be able to speak Felyne by now.

8. botomatic

botomatic Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2012
    This was a nice thread to read, made me smile. :) It's wonderful that Metalcasket offered to do the english translation! Thank you! Now im going to buy this game as this thread sold the game for me! Also, the game looks really cool, think I will enjoy it! :) Best of luck to devs!

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Nyan Nyaaan Nyan Nyan!...

Oh wait I just said I'm a vegetarian who likes panther meat on full moons??:eek:

Okay, back to learning again...

Cheers! Let us know how you like it. We all love it!

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    ^mos def! I missed GOTW. I hope m'lord Lujunbin and his team get GOTY. CONGRATZ again on thiz masterpiece

11. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Guys, you're right. This is crawling in GotY direction.
    If there only wasn't MHFU... ;)

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah... MHFU is auto-win. LOL

But hey, this game is easily one of the year's top releases no doubt. I just hope it gets the attention it needs so we get more quality titles like this.

We have tons of quality "short game/quick game" titles already, and full-on premium games like this is in a bit of a shortage.

13. Lujunbin

Lujunbin Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    I'm very glad to hear that. Thank you so much. But as Lawliet said, we don't have plans to add any other languages at the moment. Because of the game text document was MASSIVE and our team only 10 people. We have to make a new game mode.

14. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Am I doing something wrong? I cannot seem to beat the Ghost Scorpion boss in the wine cellar. I get his health down to around 40%, then my health runs out. I love this game but I suck at it! Any tips? #

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Save up you supers / magic when his health goes below half. I notice all bosses get significantly harder before death. So save up all your magic and only use them when you're generally certain you can kill them with it, that way they'll never go full rage on you. I try and do this with all bosses as this game isn't exactly easy, it's a challenge. Keep at it!

16. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #236 redribbon, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    i made a walkthrough for this great game, check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPpEvzuUGZvZ2A1_lsWBn44oxdJxm7Dcn

ps. dont forget to watch it on 60fps mode ;)

17. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
  18. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    How many total levels? I see seven stages but assume that's broken up? How long to finish?

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    This game has stages, but the stages aren't really divided into distinct levels.

I'd guess if someone were really good at the game and never got killed, or used a continue whenever they died, they could complete the game in 5 or 6 hours. If you're more like me and get killed a lot, and don't use continues, it would be 10 or 15 hours. Of course this is a skill game more than a story game, so I find it completely fun to run through it again trying to improve my combat skills and reduce how many times I get killed.

20. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Thanks so much! I will just have to keep at it!