Universal Ghost Blade (by YuShi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lujunbin, Oct 21, 2014.

1. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Now that's just great question. You can play the game for the first time just once, so isn't it better to wait for the translation and enjoy the story? I understand there's a replay value, but as I said, it's just once for the first time. It's on my wishlist already so I'm going to buy it sooner or later anyway. Is the new update with language correction matter of days or more just like weeks?

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I would just buy it. Translation is of course good but by reading you'll understand the gist of the story already and there's not that dialogue in every level. You pick up scrolls that have character/item bios but those are read optionally on the main screen. They won't affect the game.

3. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    +1. This is primarily a fighting game, so having a great translation is not very necessary to enjoy the game. There are no large blocks of text, just a few sentences here and there, and I've always been able to get the gist of what's being said. If you're impatient to play the game I'd recommend just getting it and enjoying it now.

I think fans of this kind of game won't be put off by the translation. Where having a good translation will really help is in getting this game the recognition it deserves on the App Store. I really do think this game is the cream of the crop for a stylish fighting game, in terms of controls, depth of combat, graphics and presentation. The only thing holding it back from getting a front page feature on the App Store is probably the translation. Hopefully once it has a good translation, Apple will see fit to feature it more prominently in its featured or editor's choice lists.

4. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    #184 doublezz, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    It's a pretty nice game but if we could have an option in the game to switch the language that will be really cool!

5. Lujunbin

Lujunbin Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    We have simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese version sale in China, Taiwan and HongKong appstore. Yes our translation is just like a joke, and you only see these just like a genius. In China we call it "装逼".:)

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    How about in a future update add some new swords I don't like e ones right now like pumpkin umbrella and stuff no swords.. :)

7. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    我没看见。就算我把操作系统改成中文还是显示英文。游戏里面也没有切换语言的选项。翻译确实有问题,不是我一个人提出的。我说说的都是事实。作为一个正规游戏的开发商,在这里对用户的诚实建议作出如此反应,请扪心自问。谢谢。

8. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I completely agree with you.

9. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    #189 Lujunbin, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    中文名是剑无生,只有中国大陆区、台湾区和香港区的版本有中文,其他地区的版本没有中文语言。我为我个人说的话向你道歉,但我不认同你所说的“邯郸学步”,我不知道你如何理解这个成语,而我认为“邯郸学步”与英文翻译不好没有任何联系,更加不认为英文版没有中文就是“邯郸学步”。英文版做的不到位,我们承认,在下一个版本你会看到更好的翻译。

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  11. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Guys, this is an English forum. You might want to take it to PMs.

12. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    #192 Lujunbin, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Sorry, I apologize.

13. VIBIDI

VIBIDI Member

Sep 27, 2009
    great game, help needed.

I am on the "Phantom of Tomb" chapter, trying to enter the cave below the statue. I just earned the new wind spell. You have to activate both windmills in order for both steps to appear, but after I activate the second windmill, the first step that was there disappears, leaving only one step. Therefore, I cannot get across.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug? Thanks.

14. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Use magic far way from the windmill and drag wind to that windmill so you have plenty of time thouch the stone and recover magic.

15. doublezz

Sep 21, 2009
    Appologize for my early comments. The game itself is pretty solid. I think I might used some inappropriate words due to my limited knowledge on phrase. In return I have edited my comments and wish you the best on future great application development.

16. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    You guys should really add some weapons that have a devil may cry look to them☺ please☺

17. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Yes, We are making a new one:)

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    *grins*

Yes, that is all. :)

19. Lujunbin

Oct 21, 2014
    China
    Thank you so much metalcasket! you are a great man!:)

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If I'm great, what are you guys? You guys have a masterpiece in your hands and it was an absolute pleasure working with you guys to fix the translation. As far as I'm concerned, I've made friends for life. :) Also, thanks for being so incredibly patient with me. ;)