Universal Getting Over It (by Bennett Foddy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stfj, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Did anyone who ported this game for touchscreen make a playthrough of the complete game? Cause after fiddeling around with the controls for about 3 hours i don't see a chance anyone can do this on touchscreen. Maybe with an apple pen, but not with fingers. Its just too unprecise.

2. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    Sorry for the lack of communication on my end!
    We've been working hard fixing the black screen bug (which seems like a major iOS or Unity bug. It happens on the GPU). We've got a fix up on the appstore now.

@ghostdog1 - We've done tested all the segments individually, so it is definitely possible.
    @lucidwalker - in the next update we've optimized a lot of segments for phones which hopefully will improve some of the battery drain, though this is definitely a pretty robust game 3d-graphics-wise

regarding making it portrait orientation- I've noodled around a bit with this on my phone in testing and it just doesn't work as well as you would hope. It introduces a lot of blind drops, and creates some issues (it's one giant interconnected level that was designed for a landscape screen ratio, so you end up seeing some things you're not supposed to see which is confusing and weird).. so sadly, i dont think that's in the cards

3. lboldham

lboldham Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 14, 2015
    A Personal Favorite

In addition to becoming very addicted to this game, I emailed the developer who quickly replied. And similar to this post, I was informed that an optimization update would be coming soon to hopefully address the battery drain and other issues.

This game feels very unique and a real fun challenge. I appreciate the need for focus, skill, and dexterity with the touch controls that other mobile games don't quite require. Definitely a 5 star game for me.

4. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    #24 stfj, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    we dug a bit into the analytics, and so far 2 people have beaten the game on ios, so, you know, easy! :)

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    AndyC83...WHERE ART THOU?!?!?!?

6. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Eagerly awaiting the update that fixes battery issues before I take the plunge on this.

Can anyone please reconfirm if the iPhone X's screen ratio is supported? That would be a deal breaker for me if it weren't :(

7. lboldham

lboldham Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 14, 2015

It is supported :)

8. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks!! Any eta on the battery fix?

9. lboldham

lboldham Member
    Patreon Gold

Nov 14, 2015
    When I emailed the developer a few days ago, he said an update to address battery drain would be "another week or so."

10. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    @kineticBlur we're planning on submitting the performance optimizations patch tonight along with some new features and bugfixes. It should make some difference, but in general we're pushing phones gpus pretty hard with this game to keep as close to parity with the pc version

11. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    We released a new build today that adds replay kit support (for streaming directly from your phone) along with some optimizations. The next big update should support some optional modes to reduce device heat and battery drain at the cost of some of the post processing

12. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    just posted out latest build and itÂ’s a big update

in addition to gamecenter support for a best-time leaderboard, we have several graphics options including a mode that reduces heat / saves battery, and a 60fps mode!