Getting email spam by developers AGAIN..no need for it!!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by cofunguy, Sep 1, 2016.

1. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    This is not an isolated incident. For the past few weeks, I have gotten unsolicited email from developers wanting me to beta or alpha test their apps.

First, there is no need for this since they can post in the forums for such testers. Second, with the inability to delete messages, they just occupy space. And thus if they mass spammed them to everyone, there are that many of those useless messages in people's inbox occupying space on the server needlessly.

So why are people namely developers allowed to do this? I never have asked the people involved that I was interested in doing so. Sure I have mentioned to few developers on apps that I am interested in. I think it has been months since I have done so in forums since the last few were sign ups on developer websites.

I do hope TA staff look into this. TA has my permission to look at my message box to see these messages.

It is one thing to announce in forums for testers and totally another when get massed blast to mailbox. And I do hope TA hold these developers accountable.