Universal Get the Honey (By Brunkt)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by 8bitninja, Mar 9, 2015.

1. 8bitninja

8bitninja Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    Hi Everybody,

My new game (Get the Honey) has just been released on the app store. It's a new kind of brick breaker game that takes the best from Breakout, Peggle, and Pinball, and mixes them all together. I hope you guys enjoy it, Thanks!

iTunes Link: Download Here
    My website: Here

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 8bitninja

8bitninja Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    #2 8bitninja, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
    Here are a few promo codes for the app store. Please, all feedback is welcome. Thanks!

HLN3WREMT7RT

WTP4EYPPMYWH

L3ETYM6P6W3Y

YRRAE4HHMJY9

73HHMHXKRLHR

3. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Hi, took YRRAE4HHMJY9, thanks a lot; impressions to follow!

4. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    thanks took

WTP4EYPPMYWH

5. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Hmmmmmmm.........played the first 16 levels so I have enough to give some initial thoughts. This is basically a breakout game with the ball, or in this case, the bee, being dropped initially from above from a point of your choosing. Graphics are clean and simple, the physics are ok. The control area at the bottom of the screen is a little too shallow; there's not quite enough space to allow you control without your finger obscuring the paddle. The music is brain-burningly repetitive and annoying. I haven't got to a boss level yet which I assume will be at level 30 but the biggest killer so far is a lack of variation in the levels. A simple colour change from level to level or graphical variation in the honeycomb bricks would help immensely. The basics are there, they just need to be embellished. The cute element could be expanded upon to brighten up the levels or level packs; everything is too samey so far. If you like this type of game though there are plenty of levels and the challenge is fair.

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!
    L3ETYM6P6W3Y

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Looks fun.
    Should I get this one coolpepper?

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #8 coolpepper43, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
    I'm not sure, I think the kiddos might like it. Zineman said a lot of the same things that I was going to write. I think this is an interesting mashup of pachinko mixed with break out. I only played about 10 levels so far. I think the concept works for the most part. I love the cute graphics and sounds and everything is well polished. The powers up are nice, the one you have to activate is hard to use because of the button placement. What I really enjoy about this game is that it's not really stressful and it's kind of relaxing.

Added: also the physics are less like a breakout game and more like pinball or Peggle. This works really well.

9. 8bitninja

8bitninja Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    Thank you guys for all the feedback. I'm a solo developer, so it's nice to hear the reactions from other gamer/developers and not just from my Wife and friends. Please keep the feedback coming and please keep enjoying the game. Thanks guys!

10. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Thanks Coolpepper.
    Nice review Zineman. Thank you as well.

Not sure if the kids will like it. They were iffy on the pics because they weren't 'kid' enough I think. One of my older foster kids wants it for sure. I'll wait until my next iTunes purchase b/c his b-day is next month. I'll, probably end up getting it for myself also b/c I end up purchasing most apps that I have even a little interest in. LOL! Especially made by indie developers and even more so when they're active here at TA.
    I have enough apps that I haven't even played yet to last me for years, probably!

11. 8bitninja

8bitninja Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Kansas City, MO
    More Promo codes!

Hey All,
    Here are a few more promo codes. I appreciate all the feedback, please keep it coming. Thanks! :)

F4TTF9THRHAA
    ME34WWTXAXKX
    A6NFFKTKFJF6
    JE6TLRHW7PWK
    F4YH6LFJ69WJ
    PA9936Y6F7PY
    HR4F7TTX9JE9
    969NMPKKT746
    KEKFLX9AWE67
    PMATRM47KTWJ

12. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Used PA9936Y6F7PY

Thanks for posting them!

13. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    969NMPKKT746 thank you

14. AnOtHeRMiRaGe

AnOtHeRMiRaGe Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2012
    thanks.. took HR4F7TTX9JE9!