iPad Get Paper Airplane

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by your personal robot, Nov 24, 2008.

1. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Hey Friends,

there is a litte casual game, i really enjoy jumping into on a free minute.
    Paper Airplane. For me it's totally worth the 99 cent.
    Nice grafics, perfect controls and kind of relaxing.
    There are 3 different levels of difficulty.

I totally suggest this calm little game....first of all for its uniqueness.
    And the nice dev is constantly updating this game, what I really like.

Check out:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295775681&mt=8

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

it would be cool if you could make your own paper airplane, which would affect its ability to fly, etc.

do you just navigate around random generated levels?

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    The game has horrible reviews though... you should go into the App store and leave some good feedback!

4. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I already did, but in the german iTunes store...

5. ravenvii

ravenvii Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
  6. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

That's the dev I think. Who else tags the post?

7. lilasoft

lilasoft Active Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Hi Folks,

here's the dev. I just found this forum and this thread.

"your personal robot" is not affiliated in any way with us.

I was reading touchArcade today, I found a comment from him here:

http://toucharcade.com/2008/11/24/2079-another-fun-099-shooter/#comment-6844

I saw his nick and it caught my attention since it was the same nick of a guy who left a nice review of our game on the appstore. I thought it could have been the same person, so I followed the link of his account and sent a mail from his website to thank him (thank you again "your personal robot", btw).

I also told him that, unfortunately, the game was getting very few reviews and that on the US store (he's from Germany) we only got a one star review, from a guy who was probably expecting something completely different and was disappointed. I guess that some people who could have appreciated our little game are skipping it since they see a single star.

He answered me, and he told me that this was sad since he enjoyed the game and he also said that he would have wrote about the game here.

And he did it even before than I could have the time to thank him again.

It's inspiring that people like him still exist.

That's it.

8. mek

mek Well-Known Member

just checked out your website yourpersonalrobot
    interesting...is that you?

9. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #9 Wegmans, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    Bought it! I'm all about helping the little guys out... since there are only 2 votes, my vote should count, so i'm happy to check it out....

be back with a review (fingers crossed for an underrated game!)

One thing: don't make your app name too long (it shows up on the homescreen as: "Paper...plane")

Second: It might be better if you tilt FORWARD to go up, and BACK to go down!

Third: Can you make a mini game where you float the paper plane through the cave and try not to hit the top or the bottom of it? that would add much value for little programming!

Fourth: I don't know what's going on now, i had a few good games, but now nomatter how i calibrate it, i can't control the plane accurately :(

i'll play around for a bit and leave some more inf.

10. your personal robot

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Although it's way off-topic, YES :) Thanks for checking.
    That's what I'm doing besides my iPhone addiction :rolleyes:

11. lilasoft

lilasoft Active Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #11 lilasoft, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
    Hi Wegmans,
    thank you so much for the feedback.

Yes, at the beginning we made it to move by tilting forward and back, but we found that by tilting the iPhone in such way would keep it at a worse viewing angle.

Keep also in mind that the more planar the device is the more sensitive is the control. If you keep it at 45 degrees for instance the movement is much slower than if it is at 10-15 degrees. Of course, it is intended to be played in the latter position.

In Topple, for instance, you have an on screen warning that tells you to keep the device upright to be able to tilt. In our game it's the contrary.

I think that this is a limitation that cannot be solved completely. Yes, technically, you can adjust the sensitivity according to the inclination (I don't know of a game that does this), but in this case the accelerometer resolution would be degraded.

Anyway, we can always add an option for this in the next release. I didn't do it before because I thought it could become confusing and it would require an additional setting for the offset in order to adjust for the inclination in which you keep it.

Thanks again,

C.