Get Me Outta Here - RossmanBros WIP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks! I remember you posting on the Jump Jack thread, glad you found your way to this one. We learned a lot from releasing our first game that will hopefully benefit us in putting this one out there. Overall it is pretty cool that we get to make games together and more people than just our immediate friends and family have enjoyed them. The Touch Arcade community has been one of our favorite things outside of making the games.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I need this game

3. :D Our work on the second boss is getting close to being done. And due to the style of that boss it's probably the most complex art and animation wise so hopefully the next two will go a little quicker.

4. Hey! It's screenshotsaturday again so thought I would give a peak at what we are working on. We are just about finished with our second boss (here is a quick look at him) and hopefully we will cruise on to our beta soon. Hope everyone is doing well!

[​IMG]

5. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
  6. :D thanks! When my brother first sent me a draft of it, I was pretty creeped out, but in a good way.

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Any new progress ? =]

8. Meshugenah Games

Meshugenah Games Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Just noticed this thread. This looks really cool!

9. Thanks!

Right now as my brother is working on the art for boss number 3 I have been working on bonus weapons. The key here is balance. Trying to make each weapon have its own unique strategy, yet not making any weapons far more powerful or less than the others. Each weapon will have separate achievement and leaderboards so they don't need to be perfectly balanced, yet I want to get them as close as possible.

Here is a look at one I am working on. Has a slightly slower fire rate than the main weapon, but comes with a grenade launcher. (Right now the launcher is controlled with a double tap that makes a meter pop out determining the length of the shot, when you release it fires the grenade at that length).

[​IMG]

10. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    I can't contain my excitement

11. Thanks! We're excited to get it finished. I'm really hoping it'll provide something that people want on the app store. There are a lot of great platformers and action games on iOS, but I really think what we are working on meets a particular kind of need you don't see a lot, so I really hope people enjoy this type of game as much as I do. Both of our games have come out of an idea of "I really want to play something like this on my phone, but there aren't a lot of options." Before making Jump Jack I got really into a retro super challenging auto runner that was level based, and after playing it to death and looking for something similar I realized there was a lot of endless runners, but not much story based, retro style, challenging levels, auto runners. This game is somewhat similar. I've had some ideas for experiences like this that I wanted on mobile but haven't really found much like it. I really wanted a strategic action platformer with tight controls to make for crazy gameplay situations, and I found that with the right combination of virtual controls, touches, and swipes that it could be done pretty well. Anyway, I just want to get it into people's hands! Need more hours in the day.

12. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Can't wait for release. You guys are awesome and always responsive.

13. Thanks Jeff! :D

14. supafly129

supafly129 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Los Angeles, CA
    Just keeps getting better and better and really digging the bonus grenade launcher. This is definitely one of the many SNES games that hasn't hit stores quite yet ;)

I also think an eerie uptembo soundtrack could be the icing on the cake. Is the music still in the works?

15. Thanks! There is definitely a certain kind of SNES game that my brother's art is giving me vibes for. I think it is a the ridiculous bosses he is coming up with.

My brother also takes care of the music. With the necessity of the boss artwork to make sure game play and everything is working well, he is saving the music for last this time around. Though he does have a few rough draft test tracks that I'm liking. I've also been testing some eerie ambient background noise for some of the cutscenes and stuff.

16. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Hope I'm still on the list for beta if it becomes available .

18. :D

Yep! I also remember getting your message a while back. I'm not completely sure how many testers we will want to take in but everyone who has shown interest on the forum will definitely get an invite. It's been fun and helpful hearing feedback and impression on the forums, and we really want to get it into your hands. Not only do I think all your feedback will be super helpful, its also fun to get to interact with everybody. Sorry we have been a bit delayed, we really are getting close! It's midnight right now and my brother and I are sending stuff we are working on back and forth to each other while I'm writing this :D Pretty cool to live in a day where we can make games together through late night sessions and have a great online community to get feedback from. Should have a little something to show this weekend.

Have a good one everybody!

19. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #99 Lavender, Sep 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    This game looks great. I do hope that it is finished soon! :)

Sign me up for beta if you need another tester!!

20. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Hope you will also consider the more quiet ones. :D I enjoy the heck out of playing betas and giving feedback!