Get Me Outta Here - RossmanBros WIP

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #61 RossmanBrothersGames, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Thanks for asking! For sure! I think what I will probably do when we are ready to beta test is go on and PM everyone who has posted in this thread to see if they want, and sign all them up first. Then open it up for anyone else who wants in until we get a decent sized group.

Also wanted to thank everyone for the encouraging words. Yes it helps with the motivation working in our random free time, but it also makes the process way more fun. Our first game we didn't really post much about during development, and often I was just working on it alone not knowing what people were going to think. While we still put out a game we love and was really enjoyed by our audience, it is much more enjoyable this time around sharing what we are working and getting feedback from you guys. The is a super fun community. I also love playing other people's games, seeing what they are creating, and talking about it on here with other users.

Anyway, in order to submit our game to possibly display at a local indie game convention that is going to take place at a Comic Con, I had to update our webpage and put up a few new .gifs on there. Similar stuff that I've shown here but if you want you can check it out at www.rossmanbrosgames.com

Thanks guys, working on some cool new stuff this week for the game, so much of the CORE of the game is finishing up that I can start working on the different bonus features and stuff. Have a good one everybody!

2. [​IMG]

Hello again. I thought I would show a rough preview of something I've been working on. The weapon select menu may not be the most exciting thing for some, but I have been working on bonus weapons and am pleased with how the system is turning out. I wanted there to be bonus weapons that you could unlock with in game points or through IAP. However I didn't want the game to be Pay to Win, or give an advantage to having a different weapon so my plan is to have separate achievements and high scores for each weapon. Should be a fun way to change up the gameplay and strategy, as well as a good challenge to get a high score with each weapon.

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Comicon NY by any chance ??

4. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

The weapon select looks nice =D Glad you're working hard to keep everyone on an even playing field. Keep up the great work!

It's been a little while since I fired this up so I'm gonna try to get some time in today.

5. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    You can expect to see me at the top! Ugh let me play!

6. Nope, we are on the west coast. Just the local comicon for our town in Oregon. Not sure if we will be able to do it, but could be fun.

Yeah, I'm never a fan of games where people who have played a ton and earned everything have a large advantage, or people who pay a lot have an advantage. Even if it is just for online leaderboards, I think you should be able to start playing the game and have an equal shot at the high scores.

Thats what I like to hear! I'm really hoping that we will have the main game mode ready for a decent sized beta real soon! It's getting there and you'll get the invite right away :)

7. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Can't tell you how excited I am. Love games that are simple on the surface but can have some deep machanics the more you play! I will be tearing this up, take my money already !

8. Haha thanks! We are excited for you to play also! And we are fine with taking your money ;):p:D

But really thanks for the comments, always more enjoyable to have an extra bit of motivation!

9. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Any new updates or sneak peaks ? Just wanted to stop in quick ! =] hope everything is moving smoothly

10. Thanks for asking! I'll give a quick update and a peak at something within the game I started working on.

Right now about 85% of the main game mode is working pretty well. All of the gameplay is pretty much there. We are working on finishing up the boss animations, quick little cutscenes for boss intros and voice acting for the main character and someone he is talking to over radio, as well as finishing up the power up system. Once that is all good we will be ready to beta test (the longest of all that is going to be the boss animations, hopefully my brother can find some good chunks of time in his schedule to get them finished up).

The main goal of the beta testing will be to try and get the difficulty progression of the main game mode as close to perfect as we can.

We already did some super early alpha testing to see what people thought of the controls, and the response was really good and helped us tighten up a few things, though through beta testing there may be some more feedback we get on the controls.

While waiting for the boss animations to get finished up I have been randomly working on extras within the game. I really want the game to have a lot of fun unlockables and things to discover. One of my ideas that I thought would be cool (and hopefully I'm not the only one:) ) would be to have a notebook from the main character with pages to unlock. The notebook starts with things the character was documenting before the abduction about strange happenings on his farm, and then ends with pages about his time on the alien ship.
    I was thinking part of it would just be fun, but also include secret codes and puzzles within it to unlock bonus things, as well hints and strategy for enemies. I probably won't be showing much of it as I want it to be secrets to unlock, but this is my rough draft of what a page could look like.
    [​IMG]

Anyway there is your sneak peak only for the TA forums, hope it is something players will like. :D

11. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Ahhh looks so awesome, very neat idea ! So glad it's coming along, that means beta is (sorta) not to far off! Everything is looking super sexy =D !

12. Thanks! haha you're right on the "sorta". Since this is something we do in our free time it's always up in the air. But we are definitely getting close to a playable main game. Luckily there is still plenty for me to work on and improve while waiting for the boss animations. I should have some cool things to keep showing here.

Glad people are looking forward for testing! Helps us work a little quicker;)

13. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This game looks great!!
    Really looking forward to it!
    Can't go wrong since your other one was great too.
    :)

14. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Looks good, keeping an eye on these platformer gems. Fingers crossed it goes smooth and we get more stuff from you guys!

15. nickthumb

nickthumb Active Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Cool Gameplay

The gameplay looks sweet! Keep up the good work!

16. Thanks! Glad you liked Jump Jack as well!

Thanks guys! Fun to wake up to some new faces on the thread!

17. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Usually lurking until I see a game launch, then if the game is good, it's insta' buy. :D Bessie whispered me I will drown in milk if I don't buy it Day 1. Can't ignore that prediction.

18. haha, that sounds terrifying!

19. Hey guys, it's ScreenShotSaturday, and here is a look at a rough draft of the boss intro cutscenes I have been working on.

[​IMG]

Probably will add some conversation from the main character inside of these cutscenes.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

20. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    This looks great... I love Jump Jack and can see the passion you put in your projects, I hope this game (and Jump Jack too) gets the attention it deserves.