Universal Get Me Outta Here (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jayg2015, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Nice to know an update is coming!

2. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Any update on the update?

3. Sorry for the delay on that! Unfortunately we released the game right before my two busiest months at my normal job, where a put together a trip that I will be leaving for tomorrow. Much of the work on the update is done and should be finished up first week of July. Then plug away at adding some fun weapons skins and stuff throughout the summer. Really wish I could do game design part time to have time be more consistent! I always underestimate how much stuff I have going on.

Anyway my brother and I have been talking through some ideas about what we want to do next in game development, and given how much people liked Get Me Outta Here we are considering some cool ideas there in how to improve upon it, maybe with a sequel or remastered version in a more powerful engine for more platforms and feature like MFI controller support, and more game modes. I think people would love to play this game with a controller, either on mobile, PC, or maybe even consoles. Not sure if this is what we will do or just start working on a new game,

Anyway, have a great day everyone.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm 100% down with this! :D

5. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Been a long time. Will we ever see the update (with music toggle)?

6. Sorry for the delay! (Also thanks for the continued interest shown in the game, I really appreciate it) Summers are pretty crazy for me with my day job. The update just got submitted to Apple.

While I would love to have the time and resources to do more big things, it does come with a pretty fun new weapon skin themed after the first boss of the game.

[​IMG]

7. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Excellent! You didn't mention anything about the music, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

8. Yeah I put a mute button for the music

9. Well that was a quick approval by Apple. You should see the update available on the App Store pretty soon.

10. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Thanks a lot, your game still being one of the coolest available on the AppStore!

11. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Ahh... silence is golden. Thank you!

12. Thanks! Glad you've enjoyed it. :)

:D

13. Hey everyone! Assuming a lot of you are Nintendo Switch Fans. Just wanted to stop by and get on your radar that a bigger remastered version of the game is coming to the Switch later this year.

It has two extra arenas, each with new bosses. As well as Co-Op mode. We regularly posting updates on twitter, but thought some of you guys would like to know!

Thanks for playing and being fans of the game! Motivated us to remaster it and add to it. :)

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Will the remaster come to iOS as well?

metalcasket likes this.
  15. It's not planned yet, but it is possible! If it was it would have to be as a new game and not an update, but I think the added arenas would make it worthy of that. Plus it would be easy to give it MFi support. Now that stuff is getting finished up for testing on the Switch, I could start testing it on mobile.

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That would be awesome, but even if not I'll be checking it out on Switch. I'm also really happy to see you added iPhone X support to the original game, so a belated thanks for that :)

17. :D

Once I have a better idea of if the new version is coming to iOS (and possibly Android) I'll post back here to update everyone.

Boardumb likes this.