Universal Get Me Outta Here (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Jayg2015, Apr 19, 2017.

1. jbsib

jbsib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2011
    In case the developer reads this, great job really is a fantastic game, but is there any chance you could abbreviate the name under the home screen icon? I know it's petty and not a huge deal but it's annoying to look at and I imagine not too hard to change. I fully understand if this isn't worth the time though, it's really nothing significant.

2. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm actually nitpicking some things myself. Really it just shows how much we love the game, or else we wouldn't care. Lol

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Just got 281k with charge shot!! Difference from farhers gun is I actually killed last boss with the combo ! Lol phew

4. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Enjoy it while you can. I won't stand for this!

5. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Anyone else noticed the infinite roll glitch? ;)

Suggestions:

Bonus modes playable with the other weapons/skins

More noticeable Combo meter (similar to jump jacks?) sometimes when I'm focused on gameplay, the combo disappears before I realize it.

More voices for aliens (they say "this guy is good" too often)

Varying sound effects with the grenade launcher skins bullets

I left a long 5 star review on App Store. Should show up soon ;)

6. hsuk19

hsuk19 Member

Apr 23, 2017
    This game is so epic, back with review

7. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Last nitpicking (and it really is because the game is great and we want it perfect). Do away with the loading icon, doesn't fit with the game at all, maybe have a cow walking or something like that to show its loading...

8. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Any MFi controller support is planned in the future update?

9. #109 RossmanBrothersGames, Apr 23, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    thanks everyone! We have been thrilled about the response the game has been getting, and love hearing from you on the forums. We appreciate the suggestions and constructive criticism, we take it with love :) I just hope I can find the time to get to it real soon! I've already addressed some of the stuff. May need to decide which should take priority so I can get an update out sooner rather than later. The sound effects for the grenade launcher skin are a great point! Glad to hear people are enjoying the skins enough to want that haha. We also want to add more skins and level skins. Good point also mentioned on sometimes the Combo blending in too much and not noticing it when it disappears.

Crazy to see you guys getting high scores on the leaderboards! So fun to see players really getting into the combo and score chasing. That was our hope! Thank you guys, appreciate all the comments.

Sorry I had a busy weekend and couldn't get on here early. Have a great Sunday everyone! :D

If our engine ends up supporting it, we would definitely add support right away.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I just saw that sexy etsy when I, *ahem* beat the main story :p The very last shot was an overheated shot - felt pretty epic at the time =)

So glad there's the bonus modes and high score chasing still to look forward to. And I'm really glad I can say I beat a Rossman Bros game now.

One last thing.. I couldn't help but notice Apple didn't feature GMOH anywhere. Is it possible it will just take a day or two? I sure hope so, though I understand that getting a feature is like hitting the lottery.. best we can do is rate and review. I've gotten a couple friends to download it too. Now lets splatter some aliens! ###

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Someone obsessed with loading in general, eh? This game's amazingly built in GameSalad, and it's more than likely they can't do anything about the things you're nitpicking about. Like, they literally can't.

12. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013

Thats odd, why wouldn't you be able to change it. And yeah... Loading sucks no matter what game or platform it's on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    #113 Ijipop, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    Now 6th#
    This game is great!

#1 with grenade launcher! Woop woop!

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    GameSalad.

15. HAHA. I love that!

Thank you! And nice job!

Yes every toolset or engine has its advantages and limitations. There are a handful that handle level/scene changes by just using a still screen and a loading wheel or some other indicator. That is the case with our game, so we can't do something like an animated character. Not a huge deal though! :D

Thanks again for all the suggestions and interest. It has been fun to see people posting high scores here and on twitter. :D:D

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Still one of the best games since its release.

17. Thanks so much. It has been really fun to see how much people have enjoyed it.

18. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Any word on an update with music toggle? Hope so.

19. Sorry for the delay! Things in life and my job got real busy after release. I'm working on the update right now and am implementing being able to Mute the music. Also added a new gun skin that I think is super fun. Did some other fixes. And changing the sound effects for the grenade launcher skins. I was hoping to get level skins done, but with how busy things got I think I should just push this update before adding those.

Hope everyone is doing well!

20. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Bravo!! Delay or not, thanks for the reply, and double-thanks for implementing Mute. I do appreciate it, and no doubt a few others will as well.
    Now my only request is for Mfi control. Pushing my luck? #