German Appstore...-.-

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TonreG, Jul 1, 2009.

1. TonreG

TonreG Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    #1 TonreG, Jul 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
    I hate the German Appstore.

Each app is much, much later published, and some, such as 1 vs. 100, Deal or No Deal, Jeopardy did not.
    Mass Effect, Family Guy, and others are still not published in Germany ... Man, it sucks.

I'm sorry if I let my frustrations out, but somewhere I had to do.

Unfortunately I know also that the Appstore not for the lack of publication may be of some games. For example, I have learned from Gameloft that 1 vs. 100 here in Germany and did not hardly matters. Schade eigentlich. Deal or No Deal but probably will not be published here.

2. Tomsn

Tomsn Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Oregon Trail also, to name another. Not jet released here.

3. Mathieu914

Mathieu914 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Student
    Canada, Québec
    lol really? damn that's bad...

4. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I buy on the Netherlands store and some things are really strange. I was eargerly waiting for The Oregon trail to be released, searching for it every other day since april, and the research always returned with some crappy travel guide.

Two days ago I just looked at gameloft's game list and here it was! Sneaky release or bad indexation in the database... can't say. I searched for it again, just to be sure, nothing. But now that I bought it, it shows in search results...

It seems some games are available, but you just can't access them:)

5. Tomsn

Tomsn Active Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Wow. Oregon Trail is available in the german store. I can´t believe it. I looked for it weeks and weeks after it´s us release. But it never was there. Now I search for it and there it is. Funny is, they say 9th March as release date. And that is absolutely not true. Strange. Really strange.

So, one game less I miss in the german store.

6. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    lol same in the Dutch one, 9 march. I was so pissed off :)

7. antonioj

antonioj Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2009
    It´s very easy to create an US appstore account...

8. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

What i REALY, REALY, REALY hate with the german AppStore is that I CAN'T USE PROMOCODES! THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR! :mad::mad::mad:

9. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I didn't know Germans are able to turn on the computer... :)

Joking... ;)
    Cheer up, Germans. Smile.

10. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    :D

11. dudez0r

dudez0r Well-Known Member

May 9, 2009
    they created the computer , Ret4rd ?

12. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    That's rude and English made the first computer but it was a German who made a programmable one.

13. TonreG

TonreG Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    you are so funny....-.-

thanks for the support! thanks for nothing!

some people out there are living in the wrong apple country :D

14. 93i

93i Active Member

hm, didn't know americans did need the help of the german nazi wernher von braun to reach the moon.

no wait... i did know.

at least we know how to start world wars, who needs to know how to start computers then?

15. TonreG

TonreG Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    #15 TonreG, Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    danke ;)

aber so hart wollte ich es nicht ausdrücken! ;)

the germans are those guys, who invented the v1 and v2 and were kidnapped by the us army and were supported there to invent or improve the space shuttle system. einstein was a german ;)
    the germans are one of the leading countries in the world in technology or science.
    so please to those, who want to insult the german people here: stfu and learn to think what germany has built or invented!

BUT BACK TO TOPIC!

I don't understand that some apps won't release here in germany. Some apps won't supported here, but most of all apps will be supported here.
    I don't understand the system of commerce here...or i hate commerce here! :D

16. 93i

93i Active Member

well, when searching for my app while it was not yet released, i was asked if i want to switch to the us store and said yes, since then on that computer i am in the us store and can order us titles (at least i assume, never tried). i am pretty sure that there is a way to switch store on demand in itunes, but i have not found where.

17. Auhron

Auhron Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Editor
    Berlin
    My god, please guys, don't start such a stupid discussion. Why is it, that everytime there is talk about Germans and no even from Germans, that WW II must be a topic? Some of these comments are just plain stupid...

Never mind

For those mentioned games, some of them are known under another name/licence in Germany. As the mentioned games are mostly about TV shows, so that's why they don't show up at all or so fast at all in the German AppStore.

I don't think that's a big problem at all, most of all the worthy apps are released in the German AppStore as well and keep in mind, that the same issue is the case for some other games and countries. Some games get only released in "local" AppStores due to licensing and/or language support.

Concerning PromoCodes, as far as i know it's still the case, that no country beside USA are able to redeem those codes (maybe Canada as well but don't know). This is not only a German problem but for most of all other countries as well.

If you really are in desperate need of some games, get yourself some iTunes gift card from Ebay UK/DE/US for the US iTunes Store (around 10-15€). Code is normally send instantly via mail after paying with CC/PayPal. You just need to create an iTunes Account for US, with a correct address, which can easily be found via Google.

18. 93i

93i Active Member

guess i should have put irony tags around it, so even the last one gets it?