Universal Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jmelrose, May 28, 2015.

1. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I remember feeling that way about Geometry Wars: Touch when it was released, but look how that turned out...(support dropped and removed from app store).

But as long as a replacement title comes out every five years, then I guess I can't complain too much - love this game. :)

2. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'm buying this today!!! Loved playing this on xbox.

Thanks for the GN shout out. :)

3. RiSKOSD

RiSKOSD Member

Nov 14, 2013
    #63 RiSKOSD, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Sadly you cannot have in game sound and your own music playing, I hope they change this as I prefer to have Spotify in the background and have to say GOA Progressive with this game is just awesome. Could this be a bug or is this a dev choice?

Fantastic game, hugely enjoyable and re-playable.

4. nickjdavies

nickjdavies Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Co Founder at Lucid Games
    Liverpool
    Yep somethings not right is it, looking into it now...

5. luispedrofonseca

Jan 31, 2014
    Game developer
    Portugal
    I'm also not getting iCloud syncing... Can't believe an essential feature like this has been overlooked! :s

Other than that it's an incredible game!

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

No problem. I didn't ask specifically about leaderboards, just Game Center, so it was my fault in assuming you meant leaderboards. I promise to pick this up after work when I get to my Mini 2. =)

I really appreciate you being so active in this thread and look forward to playing later tonight.

7. wovencharlie

wovencharlie Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Brooklyn, NY
    Game Center leaderboards would be a great addition! For me tho, I must admit I am getting into most games way too late to ever see myself at the top of one, so I don't miss them when they are not there. :D

8. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    what is TxK?

9. RiSKOSD

RiSKOSD Member

Nov 14, 2013
  10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Had to google myself, lol.
    Ahh, Jeff Minter (MIA on ios). I played TriBlaster last year, this comes clone, err, close to TxK, but i loved it very much.

I'm in the same missing GC boat, no love for facebook on my side.

GW3 is a top quality shooter. Period.

Nitpicking point: the name under the icon. Not thought out to the last detail, at least on an iphone.

11. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Pew Pew 2 is still the king of twin stick shmups for me, what I wouldn't give for a full overhauled Pew Pew 3...

12. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Seriously, anyone else who is not using a controller have thumb fatigue? Maybe I am just playing too much.....

13. mark2series

mark2series New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Other than that it is the best game I've played on iOS since the App Store launched in 2008.

14. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    OK, here's how it is. I really like one stick shooters (Meltdown, Beat Hazard etc), not so much dual stick shooters though. I just find them difficult to control. But.. The game's featured on the AppStore with Editor's choice award, the developer is active in this thread, visually it looks "out of this world" from all the screenshots and most importantly, the game's premium. So, why would I hesitate, right? Bought! Downloading as we speak. I'm so curious. I'll be back with some impressions.

15. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    This game is pretty cool. Like previously mentioned it's like Beat Hazard.

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Solid twin-stick shooter. I'm not as amazed and thrilled by this as some others, but I appreciate the ton of content and variety it offers. For me, the lack of GC leaderboards keep it from being an essential purchase (just my personal preference). I'll have to play some more today and see if I can figure out how to upgrade stuff.

17. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Make sure to check the settings, then, because as mentioned in the description: "dual and single-stick touch control configurations" (it has an auto-fire setting which is handy) :)

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    autofire is for newbs :D... IMHO the best touch controls on GW3 is Free Stick - Auto fire off :D...

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    It seems the game's set to one stick and autofire by default which is exactly what I was looking for. And man, am I amazed or what? It's absolutely gorgeous! So far I tried Adventure mode and made it to stage 12 which included killing two bosses. Its visual style is just fantastic. The game's absolutely smooth with no hiccups whatsoever, it feels like it's running in solid 60fps (similar to e.g. AG Drive). Music fits perfectly and complements the overall feeling. Gameplay is hectic, fast-paced and intense. I just love it. If I'd have to compare, it's as great as Beat Hazard. But on top of that it looks better and plays even smoother. I'm more than satisfied with this purchase. The game's a masterpiece, I'm so impressed! Highly recommended to everyone, fan of the genre or not. Very well done!

20. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany

Thank You. You're welcome, wovencharlie! :)# Great Game!