Universal Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved (by Activision Publishing, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by jmelrose, May 28, 2015.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    huh? just got it d/l from HK Store earlier this morning.

2. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    Ok found an issue. I've been playing the game with my mad catz controller. After some time the game's frame rate continues to drop, until it is unplayable. Restarting the game starts the same process again. If I don't touch the controller, the frame rate goes back to normal. This is on iPad air.

Anyone else experience this?

3. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    hey akd - it has cheevos in game center but no leaderboards so in theory he wasn't wrong but man it needs game center leaderboards. It's still hair-raisingly brilliant though.

4. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I played for a few hours without a controller until my thumb was sore. I started off with gentle pressure just cruising around and as the pressure amped up so did my touch pressure! Really great game. This is my first experience with it. I dove in and played until I got 3 stars on each of the first 3 levels, good times. I actually thought about getting a controller for the first time on account of this game, just not sure how much I would use it. I have heard Mad Catz tossed around, what else is good?

5. Pixel_Gamer

Pixel_Gamer Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    It's out now. :)

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    yep it happened to me too and im on iphone 6 plus with steelseries stratus xl. but not unplayable, just the framerate goes drop under 25-20fps.

7. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Looks like the reason why I'm not playing GW3 in Japan RIGHT NOW is because of Square Enix.
    They're the publisher for Activision games here.
    We get cool games in Japan, but we miss out on foreign hits much too often

8. nickjdavies

nickjdavies Active Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Co Founder at Lucid Games
    Liverpool
    Am here for any questions you've got, bit busy today tho so might not be able to answer straight away..

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Oh ok. Thanks for clarifying that. I may still pick this up tonight. Sounds like most everyone here is quite impressed, and for 5 dollars it's kind of hard to pass up. Thanks slam

10. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Sorry, my misunderstanding, thought you meant Achievements. We don't use Game Centre leaderboards, we use Facebook and it's greta for some, appreciate not for others, I guess you guys use GC a lot where as everyone here at the office prefers to see progress against their Facebook friends. I'll have a look into it for a future update but no promises at this point.

11. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    good stuff - yep, facebook isn't for me and even my kidz don't use it any more. With Game Center I do think this would be absolute perfection. No matter what game I play, my eldest always asks 'does it have game center?'. I've played with and without a controller and it's great with both - i think i got higher scores with touch controls truth be told. A touch of Detroit-ish techno would make it beyond perfect for me but the music does fit the game very well indeed too. Proper good work - would just love a proper leaderboard to fit the medium.

12. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Haven't realized before that Gamecenter is that hard to implement.
    Makes me appreciate the releases of one man dev studios that go the extra mile even more.
    Rumor has it that it even seems possible to have both ... ...

Nick, what data precisely do you take from connected accounts?
    And what do you do with that data?
    Do you store it somewhere?
    Do you sell it or grant third parties access?
    And what is with data of my friends that don't want to share any data with you?

13. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    We have a notification system that shows on each level in the level select menu when one of your friends has beaten your score and displays their profile picture, this is what doesn't work with both systems engaged at the same time. It's not about difficulty to implement.

We don't take any data from any accounts, or store it anywhere or sell it to anyone, we just use Facebook to generate a friends leaderboard. It's nothing sinister.

14. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    i think GW3 for ios is the best looking ,best sounding , best playing, most modes, best bang for your 5 bucks. I cant believe I am at work right now playing it on my 6+ feels like I brought my ps4 with me hahahaha...That being said bravo...I will say it again its right on Par with all the RadianGames Twinstick shooters they have released with their spot on controls you guys nailed it...This game will forever live on my devices. Hope to see the Evolved patch added later...

Nick are you with Lucid games? are you PR or a programmer with them? Are you part of the old under rated Bizzare crew? Blur which was marketed poorly imho by activision is one of the best arcade racers ever produced, I was a old dreamcast guy so i loved the Project Gotham games up to the xbox, and of course where i first played Geometry wars in the arcade machine. Retro evolved on the 360 was brilliant than evolved 2 was like the perfect twinstick shooter till this came along and added adventure mode. I hope maybe Lucid can work on Blur 2 and I am glad to see Geometry wars lived on after the studio close and the form of a new company in Lucid...

15. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Yes am at Lucid, and I was at Bizarre as well. I was producer on Geo Wars and numerous other projects at Bizarre. Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying it.

16. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    nickjdavies, I would like to verify if my assumption is correct that the game is unavailable in Japan due to local publisher agreement issues?
    I know you guys are not responsible for this but I want to know if I should keep my hopes up or I should just cry and get over it.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    How does it perform on a 4S with iOS 7.1.2?

18. nickjdavies

Jun 11, 2014
    Liverpool
    Pretty well. Have not got one one me at the moment, and not as well as an iPhone6. Anyone on the forum got any first hand experience?

19. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    That is awesome man...It is crazy to think how a hidden easter egg in a racing game car museum could spawn such a amazing game by it self...I was so bummed when Bizarre closed and I kept saying what is going to happen to GW and I remember opening IGN and saw GW 3 was announced and was stoked than found out Lucid was old Bizzare guys...I cant wait to see what else Lucid has up their sleeves going foward... ::fingers crossed:: for Blur 2 or another Project Gotham!

20. mark2series

mark2series New Member

Sep 30, 2010
    iCloud sync not working

Seems like iCloud sync is not working for me. I installed it on my iPhone 6 Plus and my iPad Air 2, and they are not syncing progress between them. I see no iCloud sync settings in the game options either.