Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Glitch989

Glitch989 Member

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    lets revive this

2. Glitch989

Glitch989 Member

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    geometry dash is still very popular, way more then back in 2015 its just the TA died

3. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    Let's do it!

4. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    #105124 AgusGMD, Jan 5, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
    Yeah forums aren't the main form of interaction anymore, apps have appeared, first Skype started getting popular in 2014-15 and then Discord started getting in 2016-18

5. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    Everything is possible with enough people, we need more players on this initiative. We are only 3 ;_;

6. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    just a random stats check pic like one used to do

Attached Files:

7. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    I haven't actually played Geometry Dash yet, you know that, only got here because of a video some months ago and I'm back because you want to revive this

8. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    I'll probably buy this game soon, it looks cool with an interesting in-game history

9. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    let's go! I wanna see what you think of it

10. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

You, guys, can join TA's Discord and try to convince me there to get Geometry Dash, or talk about anything with the few active users that hang in there now and then.

I, personally, haven't made up my mind about this game because I find it highly frustrating. I've tried the lite version, but I keep bouncing off. Nonetheless, I've had it on my wishlist for years now.

11. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    Didn't expect an answer from someone besides karl not gonna lie.

Though it makes sense, I didn't know TouchArcade had it's own discord server nonetheless the idea is to somewhat revive these forums for fun due to the games history being partly archived in these forums (as the other main forum that was used at the time is in Korean over in Naver), the game already has an official discord server with over 500,000 members with a lot of other sub-communities.

I'm not exactly the best to talk about the game as I currently no longer find it as fun (to be fair I started playing this when it released and the game has changed A LOT since then), the atmosphere in most of the levels generate is really great! See for example the level CraZy III I don't particularly like it nor can I run it due to a combination of the game not being well optimized and my computer not being the best, but for people that joined the game recently / people that want to join the game it helps a bit.

Luckily the game is very cheap, if I remember correctly RobTop the creator mentioned that if the game was to increase in price, it'd be $5 USD at most.

sebgo likes this.
  12. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

That level is insane! Loved it, because of the huge amount of colors. I didn't know there was such kind of level design in that game. But still, it looks like I'd be stuck pretty early on for days. Pretty nice video, it even made me lean more towards getting it.

13. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    If you were to start, the easier levels aren't necessarily the oldest. The default way to filter levels is by likes, though you can also filter them by how recent they are, so if you like easier and modern levels you can play them, while if you prefer the old ones, you also can do that.

Though the main levels are indeed very old, you don't need to mindblock out of the online levels until you beat them all and play whatever you like. There are a few gauntlets which give you shards for icons and other things that are more modern (2017). Luckily if you like them 2.2 (whenever it releases) will include way more of these gauntlets!

sebgo likes this.
  14. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    seems someone has been researching

15. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    Got it

Attached Files:

16. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    I see you've gotten quite popular on reddit, didn't expect that to blow up. Hopefully you got some good answers but a lot of them are probably shitposts/memes

Attached Files:

17. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    Yeah I've gotten a lot of answers, very weird place. Got some good answers but I'll mostly refrain myself from getting there.

Just improving my skill

18. tdkarl987

tdkarl987 Member

Sep 29, 2022
    In there I also mentioned I live in Florida, but that isn't true.
    I mentioned it because floridaman memes lol

19. AgusGMD

AgusGMD Member

Mar 22, 2022
    I actually believed you lived there, but it's not like it matters. Not gonna ask bc you may take it as a private thing.
    Things aside, how are you actually doing on the game? Enjoying it so far? I've seen you've beaten all the main non-demon levels and got 1 demon. That's quite the progress for your playtime!

20. Glitch989

Glitch989 Member

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    It took me 1 year to beat my first demon but that was the demon called “Speing Seasons” and it got hacked so it was a free demon lele. only reason i got my first demon xD