Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. GabbeSebbe01

GabbeSebbe01 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Sweden
    lol everyone is quoting

2. MolotovPiggy

MolotovPiggy Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I hope the game mode isn't swing copters, it's usually too hard to control.
    But I trust RobTop to make something good :D

3. TwoPly Gaming

TwoPly Gaming Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    It most likely is swing copters
    The bottom two thrusters are for going up, the top two are for going down.

4. P14y3r

P14y3r Well-Known Member

May 17, 2015
    US
    Not a fan of swingcopters, hopefully the mode is easier to control. Looks cool tho :)

5. TurboExtreme

TurboExtreme Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Playing geometry dash
    In the 2.1 Editor! :D
    Swing copter

I knew it.
    It's easier to control btw. You'll see, I know secrets.

One of the secrets is, Reb is alive!

6. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    ToadToadToadToadToadToadToadToadToad...

Ps. You're welcome Rub :) it was a pleasure working with you!

7. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Maybe it's easier to control and less moving swing copters than normal Swing Copters.

8. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    It could also be Jeyzor's gamemode idea

9. Noobriks Cube

Noobriks Cube Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Murdering and Producing Pages on The Geometry Dash
    Literally right here in TA. But sometimes, I'll sc
    #104189 Noobriks Cube, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    V.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................V
    1. There are three jets: one pointing up, one pointing down, and one pointing straight. They are perfect for how Jeyzor's game mode works:
    -bottom jet is used for vehicle to go up when the player first holds
    -middle jet is used for when the player releases and the vehicle travels in a straight line
    -top jet is used for when the player holds after releasing after going up and goes downwards
    2. If it were swing copters, the jet in the middle would keep going, and it is very unlikely that RobTop would add a random jet in the middle that just runs the whole time. It's just pointless since it just runs there the whole time and does nothing.
    -however, in the promo picture, the middle and bottom jet is running at the same time. But notice how the player is going up only a teeny tiny bit and literally just started going upwards. The jets are probably still transitioning in the picture. Now, why did RobTop decide to post a picture of it in this state? Well, he simply didn't want to make it too obvious.
    3. The vehicle may seem too complex for Geometry Dash, but that does not break the rules of the game. The rule of the game is that everything has to be one-touch, and this vehicle does not break that rule whatsoever.
    4. Probably a very weak reason, but I'd just like to throw in that if it was swing copters, RobTop would've likely made it a helicopter cuz you know, it's swing copters...(UFO was not inspired off of Flappy Bird and was inspired off of "Gravity Field" or whatever it was called by Minesap or whoever made it).

Oh boi here comes dat flamewar.

10. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    I hate Jeyzor's gamemode idea. It just doesn't fit in with the game. Also, why would RobTop make it a helicopter if it's a swingcopters-like mode? That's likely the one thing he would avoid doing for it. Also, I think it is Swingcopters since it shows the middle and bottom turned on, that means the bottom one would make it fly up, while the middle one is just for aesthetic/basic movement.

Also, how would gravity switches work in Jeyzor's gamemode? Would it just flip the direction you're going in when holding, and when not, it'll just make you go the same direction you were going next time you hold? That would be very confusing and would be harder to control than the current swingcopters mode.

11. Noobriks Cube

Aug 10, 2015
    What do you mean by "Basic movement?" Small movements? The gravity switches would either work like that or have no effect at all just like the ball.

12. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    It doesn't necessarily follow the standard conventions. There's no other gamemode that would force you to tap three times to go in the direction you want. It's always one tap. Let's say you want to go up, straight, then up. That would be (from the neutral state) tap (up), tap (straight), tap (down) tap (straight) tap (up). Now, this isn't the definition of 'one touch,' but that's three taps to get to a favorable state, which does somewhat break the mechanic that Rob has been consistent with. Even if I'm misunderstanding what you said, my point still stands, as I generally understand how the mode you're describing.

You made the argument that the middle thruster wouldn't be there for nothing, yet it's on in a state where it would essentially be pointless. You can't tell which direction it's moving in, as it really has no indication. If you're saying the eye is an indication, that would require Rob to make a new type of icon: one that responds to the player's inputs. With you saying this, it means it would also slope into the next state, which would make gameplay buggier and less fun because of the lag in between states. It really wouldn't fit with either idea if it could be toggled. Also, you say it would be a helicopter if it was swing copters, yet almost everything in the game is original. The ball is original, the spider is original, the ship is original, and the UFO is original, even though the mechanics are from another game. I don't think Rob is dumb enough to blatantly copy a design from another game.

Sure, you can get your hopes up, but I wouldn't recommend it. That game mechanic doesn't sound fun or solid at all, and I have no reason to believe that Rob would add it. There are so many other issues with it that I can point out if you still disagree with me. So you can either trust me on this one or we can keep going.

13. CatOverload_GD

CatOverload_GD Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2016
    #104193 CatOverload_GD, Mar 9, 2017
    Eh, I can wait till we all see what it really is. No point in arguing, is there? :p
    so hyppppeeee

14. GabbeSebbe01

GabbeSebbe01 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Sweden
    Ahhh so much to read!

15. Noobriks Cube

Aug 10, 2015
    ^ It's like if people with different beliefs are arguing about which religion is real; there really is no telling in what this vehicle will do, and there's no point in arguing about it. What will be achieved if this flamewar is resolved? Is it important and do we need it? So I say we should stop wasting time on this.

16. Rennis

Rennis Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Italy
    #104196 Rennis, Mar 9, 2017
    Swingyyyy

EDIT: Is it bad for a level to have less than three coins? Do people care?

17. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    Some people do for quests, but it doesn't matter to most

18. TGD Zoid

TGD Zoid Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    what if you could set a color channel to be a special channel. because i want to set the colors to channel 10, then i want channel 10 to go with the object colors, is this possible?

19. CatOverload_GD

CatOverload_GD Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2016
    Yes, place a colour change trigger. Down the bottom left there is an option, Copy Object. Check the box and press the plus next to the channel selection box on the middle right and select obj

idk was that too confusing, im not the best at describing things