Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    Btw it's who.
    Who = he/she
    Whom = him/her
    ex: Who is he
    (I sound like an english teacher lol. Just trying to help out)

2. XxkronosxX

XxkronosxX Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Student
    Springfield
    When you flip the xX *facepalm*

3. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    I say whom just to say it

4. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    oh k.

5. GabbeSebbe01

GabbeSebbe01 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Sweden
    Welcome!

6. DerpyGamer

DerpyGamer Well-Known Member

I wonder if rob'll post a 2.2 spoiler here or if he's actually ignoring us

7. Raul GD

Raul GD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    #103927 Raul GD, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Stop talking about the Discord server, this is TA, people would join the discord if they wanted to.

8. DerpyGamer

what?

9. TGD Zoid

TGD Zoid Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    #103929 TGD Zoid, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    Ok, We need to set up some rules for this forum, like... we need to make a doc or something because what's going on now ain't workin'. we all need to be more friendly, and stop yelling at each other. we need to relax and be friends, maybe then we'll get Rob back on here, or maybe a 2.2 sneak peek. but if I was a creator of a game where the community was like this, I wouldn't want to come here either! This place has gone to trash and we need to get it out.
    sorry for ranting, I just needed to get that out.

10. ZimsShi7z

ZimsShi7z Well-Known Member

May 20, 2015
    Don't you mean 2.2..?

11. GMDbluetoad

GMDbluetoad Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2015
    2.1 isn't out yet are you stupid? 8)

12. TGD Zoid

TGD Zoid Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2015
    sorry i was mad

13. XxkronosxX

Dec 2, 2016
    Student
    Springfield
    Why, we just advertised the discord (not knowing that you guys will get mad)

14. GoldiTheCat

GoldiTheCat Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Male
    real gamer hours
    I'm tired.

Yah call this spam on the discord chat and I'll be frustrated.

Call it spam here and I'll be mad.

8)

15. DoubleX

DoubleX Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Professional Skrublord
    In your base, killing your d00dz
    Well isn't this place a huge pile of uninteresting
    I mean come on guys, we can start a new conversation on something else once in a while, post gaps are getting too big and too frequent :/

16. XxkronosxX

Dec 2, 2016
    Student
    Springfield
    It's just that everybody moved on to the discord since this place is getting obsolete. People will still talk here tbh

17. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Rob won't just come back if we 'get better'. I'm sorry to tell you it doesn't exactly work like that. This community is one of the better groups, which is why I'm opposed to the Discord, which encourages unruliness and recklessness. If that happens to the forum, we're no better off than the rest of the Geometry Dash community, are we? Now, back to what I was saying before. Rob really doesn't care about how bad a group of people is. I mean, look. He hangs out with the majority of the community, which aren't the best bunch of people. I'm pretty sure if he doesn't care about them being that way, he certainly doesn't care that much if our community is completely garbage, which it's not. Plus, saying that this community is awful is counterproductive. It's really not, and saying that just makes things worse. Sure, we may be dealing with a couple of things at the moment, but nothing that bad is actually happening. Plus, I've seen people try and set rules. It never works, one way or another. I know you're trying to make this place better, but there's really not any huge problems right now, so I don't know why you're so mad about this now.

Think of it this way: What if somebody came on here and started advertising the Geometry Dash Forum in response to every complaint about this place being less active than before? They'd get jumped on by everybody here, that's what would happen. In a way that's what I feel you're doing. You're advertising a place where people will go and become less controlled. Once that happens, we lose a lot of credibility as a forum. Also, to add insult to injury, you're partially in control, right? I just can't really respect anything that's been self-advertised. I know it's a personal thing, but I've seen people who don't deserve half of what they have get what they do have by self-advertisement, and I think it's unfair to the people that actually work for what they have. I know you think it's a better form of communication, but let's be honest, isn't that what things like Skype are for? If you want multiple people to know about something, it's posted here and people respond to it. What improvements need to be made? If it wasn't the way it is right now, there would be hundreds of useless posts and chains of one person making multiple posts to get one point across in a row. I hope you're starting to see the reason the group chat should be shared only upon request, and in a private message, even though most of the people here are in the group chat. Ask yourself: Why do we need the group chat? What does it accomplish that TouchArcade can't? Is what it can accomplish important?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but some things really do need to be regulated. We can't have people on here advertising their own Discord servers every few days. If you really think about it, we don't need a Discord server for TA, otherwise TA serves no purpose, and we might as well get rid of it. It's fine if you have a group chat for whatever. I don't care. But if you start disrupting this thread for your own benefit, things won't end well.

18. DerpyGamer

While I agree with you about the whole over advertising (I mean, it's in my signature, just stop posting about it), I have add that discord is a much easier means of communication, it's fast, reliable and doesn't require constant page loading, and since you brought up skype, skype can't have a discussion with over 30 people, whilst discord allows an infinite (as far as I know) amount of people to talk at once. Now, I'm not saying you're wrong but I feel as though everyone here is biased against the current discord because of past attempts, and I too didn't think it would work out, but so far it's been really stable and has made it alot easier to talk with the community. And about the "less controlled" thing, we have moderators and people who try to make sure people stay in line, but I'd actually like to know where you got the idea that discord would cause people to act out or give us worse rep if it's just a server for GD players.

19. GabbeSebbe01

GabbeSebbe01 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Sweden
    wow, thats, a lot.

20. XxkronosxX

Dec 2, 2016
    Student
    Springfield
    Wow, that was long. But anyways you have a good point there.