Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey splash, thanks for the reply. I finally used an old gmail account and it went right through. It strangely rejected my hotmail over and over again. I did send an email to the contact listed on the robtop website but it will probably take awhile to get a response due to the time zone difference.

Thanks again for your help.

2. Could someone explain how auto-building works? I can't find any tutorials on YouTube.

Like how you use it?

3. Splash

Splash Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 24, 2015
    head leafeon of state
    in a fursuit or something
    np!! glad it worked :D

4. Noobriks Cube

Noobriks Cube Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Murdering and Producing Pages on The Geometry Dash
    Literally right here in TA. But sometimes, I'll sc
    Both are great!
    Hmm, I don't really know how to make good-looking basic decoration, so I can't do it. Sorry. :(
    Connect a bunch of lava blocks (the one that's shaped more like a square), select them all, pause the editor, press "Create Edges," then since only the edges are selected, select everything (including the edges), pause the editor, and press "Create Base." Next, select only the edges (don't select the base you just made), pause the editor, and press, "Create Outlines." Now you have a lava block. :)

5. #103025 luigiluigi1414, Jan 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Woah, that's really cool. Thanks. Okay, so I made a square lava block, but what about platforms used in levels like Fingerdash? Do I just add platforms to jump on onto the blocks, or is there an auto-building tool for that that I didn't look at? (I'm gonna check through the editor just in case)

6. P14y3r

P14y3r Well-Known Member

May 17, 2015
    US
    There are tutorials, but he called it a "build helper" instead of "autobuilder" so you're not finding anything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaj4c7pqTfY

It only works with the crystal/magma blocks, and its quite easy to use :)

7. Noobriks Cube

Aug 10, 2015
    Yeah, you basically just add a solid line on top of the block.

8. sup3p

sup3p Well-Known Member

May 30, 2015
    At home, eating bacon.
  9. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    8-minute level, here I come!

10. Noobriks Cube

Aug 10, 2015
    Is that the longest a level can be now instead of 6 minutes?

11. GD CreativeGuy

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    Yeah, I found a great song that only has a few-hundred downloads to use for it!

12. Chief Logan

Chief Logan Well-Known Member

So I get the create base, create edges etc. But above them there's one that says auto build(or is it build helper?). But anyways what does that one do?

13. Edenharley

Edenharley Well-Known Member

98 demons :eek:

Also dunno if I'll release loads of levels cos I wanna make my first 2.1 level really good :p

14. DoctorRaspberry

DoctorRaspberry Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Playing GD and rekking demons, as well as easy 2 s
    DoctorRaspberry's medical clinic
    Can someone tell if I got banned or not from the leaderboards?? I saved my GD World data into my regular GD account, and since I haven't been able to see the leaderboards for people close to me or see what place on the leaderboards I'm in..

15. GMD_Neon

GMD_Neon Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Scot
    XD

I found a guy that has 363 demons and claims to only have beaten clubstep 1 month ago...

He also thinks 363 + 5 = 400

16. Learning how the build helper works is really cool, but it's still extremely confusing for me.

What blocks does it use total? How do I use 3D lines on them if the edges they create go upwards as well? Won't the block lines I create on the actual blocks be easily seen since they don't fit on the sides? Do i just make them disappear with Alpha? What block types are compatible with the build helper? Side blocks, edge blocks, do those work? How specific does it need to be in order for it to register it's target and work? What about the types of blocks that appear in the beginning of Fingerdash? The blocks I created could easily be used in something like a flying section, but what about places where the player is jumping/landing on the blocks? What type do I put there?

Why is the editor always getting more and more confusing with each update??

17. GD CreativeGuy

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    Tip: If you ever want to find a really unknown song to use for a level, go to Audio in newgrounds and press the random track button. That's how I found a song to use for my 8-minute level.

I really love this song by the way.

I wish I could give you guys the link, but I don't want anybody else using it.

I'll start posting previews of the level after I finish Goodbye!

18. Edenharley

Edenharley Well-Known Member

GG

Did 8 demons in like 2 and a half days kek

Attached Files:

19. llamadog

llamadog Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2016
    Does anyone else remember Rob saying there would be achievements for beating insane levels? What happened to that?

20. Geometry Dash Tgneostar

Geometry Dash Tgneostar Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    High school student at Rochester High School
    The dankest darkest meme holes ( ͡° ͜&#6
    He never said in 2.1, "Definitely not 2.1, maybe 2.2" (Twitch Stream, I believe Zobros)