Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. PianoProduct32

PianoProduct32 Well-Known Member

RIP can't save or load data..

2. BubbleheadGD

BubbleheadGD Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Your Bed
    The darkness lingers. Be careful who you trust..

2.2 confirmed

3. Noobriks Cube

Noobriks Cube Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Murdering and Producing Pages on The Geometry Dash
    Literally right here in TA. But sometimes, I'll sc
    Calling it, it's a haunted update. :p

4. TwoPly Gaming

TwoPly Gaming Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
  5. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    Wait, so let me get this straight, I can Save my data on GD 2.1 and load it in GDW and they will merge? And I can just save it and load it back to GD and everything will be the same, except I have all the Diamonds Stars, and icons I got in GDW right?

6. BubbleheadGD

Dec 30, 2015
    Your Bed
    Hopefully it comes out by October! :D

7. BubbleheadGD

Dec 30, 2015
    Your Bed
    No, EVERYTHING saves even the diamonds, orbs, and stars.

8. TwoPly Gaming

TwoPly Gaming Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    2.2 comes out in 2 months
    *lenny*

9. Raul GD

Raul GD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    I can't update GDW, it doesn't show any new update to it, pls help D:

10. Meepnax777

Meepnax777 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2015
    NOT on a hype train...
    so happy it's out everywhere now! RUBRUB DID IT

11. I didn't know GDW got an update. What's it supposed to have?

12. Raul GD

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    Save/load enabled (?)

13. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    The "bad gameplay" aspect of levels today is determined by how fast you're expected to react or how good you are at predicting. It's the moving objects that make gameplay bad, not the layout for the most part. For example, when something pops up right in front of you with no warning whatsoever.

The decoration aspect of levels is also just as bad. Nobody focuses on "block design" anymore, including Rob. In my opinion, the best levels are ones that use multiple decorations and blocks put together, not "custom blocks" or custom backgrounds to do the decorating. I just think it's lazy and everyone should put in more effort to make their levels look good. Effect levels are pretty boring to me.

The new blocks that Rob added are incompatible with other blocks, much like most of the blocks up to 2.0 were. <2.0 blocks were just so easy to throw around and use with other things, while most of the new blocks require a specific decoration pattern because of the cartoon-y feel they have.

That's just me though. I'm more of a veteran to this game, so I like different sorts of things :p

14. On the poll, I chose decoration. Gameplay is extremely important, yes, but how it looks determines nearly EVERYTHING.

Look at TriAxis' level Dear Nostalgists. I love it, yet everyone else seems to hate it. Why? It's gameplay is amazing! Gameplay is important to the level's quality, but the decoration determines if people will like it, if it will get rated or featured, or even noticed in the Magic section. Gameplay is essential but decoration is more than half the work and is the ultimate wager of decisions for a level's fate.

15. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    Save on 2.1 > Load in gdw > GDW stats + 2.1 stats > Save in gdw > load in 2.1

I also made a tutorial on the 2.1 editor if anyone wants it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgGFaeMJV4Y&feature=youtu.be

16. Raul GD

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Brazil
    Oh wait, I figured out you didn't have to update GDW to do it, my bad :p

17. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Probably just updated in the background without you knowing

18. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Should I buy something or wait to see how many orbs I can get

19. BubbleheadGD

Dec 30, 2015
    Your Bed
    Ugh...

I hate it how it doesn't load/save my progress in GD 2.1.

20. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Not necessarily. I'm assuming you joined at about 1.9, no? See, before that, gameplay was what made a level good. Dear Nostalgists may flow well, but the gameplay is still below average. Everyone hates it because literally anyone could make it and it still got stars. TriAxis is a relatively new player, so I wouldn't really trust him with judging gameplay. There are parts where it still is spam clicking, and there are parts where the gamemode changes are pretty bad. There's a difference between flow and gameplay. Gameplay is, by far, what determines the playability of a level. Recently I can't bring myself to play a lot of the new levels because the gameplay is terrible.

Decoration has been a problem since 2.0. People think because they can make crazy designs and effects, they should. Even if you can make them, it doesn't mean you should. I still think we should have levels that focus on older-styled block design. I could really care less for decoration, although I think we, as a community, need to change our decoration style, as nobody appreciates the actual blocks we were given anymore. I'm not saying effect levels should cease to exist, but I do think we should be spending more time on block design. Making blocks with a rainbow background behind them isn't exactly what I'd call creative.

For example, I do like the direction people are going with colors recently. People are matching up yellow-green with purple or pink, which is a really abstract but cool combination. If people used cool block combinations, just think how much cooler levels could be.

Namtar is a great example of what I think good decoration is. While his gameplay, in all honesty, isn't that great, his decoration style is amazing. I also think his choice of colors really fits nicely as well, although most of the time it's just yellow paired with other colors.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is they're both equally important, and both are equally forgotten, if that makes sence :D