Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Stalking Robtop :)
    :)
    banning isn't the solution to everything

2. Edenharley

Edenharley Well-Known Member

Obviously not all the time, but when it gets out of hand like this, it probably is.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    It's not?

[​IMG]

4. Edenharley

Edenharley Well-Known Member

No, this forum needs a mod, and needs to be a bit more mature when it comes to arguments like this. Someone would probably learn their lesson from a 1 day ban, and also some posts should be deleted by mods for various reasons. If we were to be left alone, the spam would get stupid and the forum would probably die.

5. GoldiTheCat

GoldiTheCat Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Male
    real gamer hours
    well, i personally think this forum would be a online hell without you...

so pls, PLS, PPLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSS dont leave...

6. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    #101906 GD CreativeGuy, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Well, technically it was solved until people started arguing about it...
    (Whether or not you think it was the right way, it was over when he got banned)

Pyro has had a history, and he broke multiple rules, this argument isn't the only thing that got him banned. Echo finally dealt with it permanently, just like he tried to do months ago.

And on the case with Splash, I got the original post from Pyro, and it did not seem like he was trying to be harsh, but he said it in a way that it could sound like it was harsh. Splash shouldn't have gotten all defensive, it was just a misunderstanding.

I have no idea what led to Pyro being banned today, I assume there were deleted posts, but it's impossible for me to decide how Splash should be punished, if at all, until I find out.

Look, you are saying Echo didn't look into the situation enough, however, you seem to be the one not looking into the situation enough. Pyro has been banned before, and from what I heard, it seemed like it was justified. He broke the rules and came back on to the alternate account. He should've been banned then, but, Echo said he'd ban him if 2 people said to. Guess what happened? 2 people said to ban him. He didn't get banned after that, though. One thing is for certain: Pyro should be banned, he is not getting back. On terms of Splash, I have no idea what happened in the past 24 hours, so I can't say, but if he was really an issue, just a Time-Out will do. There is nothing more to this. We didn't agree to give him a second chance. He's not coming back. You can't change this.

7. Aerma

Aerma Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    On my computer, probably
    I saw 10+ new pages and thought 2.1 must've came out or something but just some forum drama... ok then

8. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I know who you are.

[​IMG]

9. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    I don't believe Gerald can contact you, can he? Since he's banned, he's not able to send PMs, right?

I understand you're not a mediator. I know Kaptain acted as mediator for a long time and I hope to step in for him. Would you prefer that nobody do that at all, or were/are you glad for that?

What I meant by attempt to solve it was allow them to work it out instead of banning Gerald. By what you said and the way you acted upon the report, why was Splash not penalized? Splash was the one that started this, and I think if Gerald is going to get a punishment, Splash should get one as well.

I don't think this forum would function very well without a moderator. I understand that this forum can get really annoying and it would be a pain to moderate. I think you should make your own decision on whether you want to stay or not, and then we can decide what to do. I completely respect any choice you make.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Ahem. I do normally communicate using pictures of cute animals. :p

Actually no, there weren't. But I can go back through his post history and see a couple of things that would be ban-worthy on any other part of the site.

11. GD CreativeGuy

GD CreativeGuy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Male
    Ah, okay. Finally got an answer from someone. ;)

12. Drink Me

Drink Me Member

Jul 20, 2016
    Cleaning
    In a washing machine.
    Did you check my IP? ;)

13. DoubleX

DoubleX Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    Professional Skrublord
    In your base, killing your d00dz
    Question for Echo:
    How exactly does someone get to be a mod on this website? Is there a post requirement?

Ohcrapwaddup

14. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    On an unrelated note, which member do you think would make the best moderator for this forum if you were to leave?

15. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    It was justified once, but even this time it is in Splash's favor and it is quite unfair.

Nobody stopped arguing about this, so it was never solved. I don't know where you got the idea that it was solved. There were no deleted posts, and you can see everything Pyro said. I understand this whole situation just as much, if not more, than you do. You keep treating me like a child because I'm new to this forum. Everyone on here breaks multiple rules, so Gerald is nothing special. He wasn't banned because he said he would change. Are you saying he hasn't changed at all?

Please tell me what Gerald did this time to deserve a ban.

16. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #101916 Echoseven, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    I did. I'm a perv like that. ;)

A bit of luck and a history of not being a dick, basically.

I joined around when a much-beloved member and moderator of the forum left and took over his duties. Back then, the weekly release threads were much harder and time-consuming to make. I developed my own tools and paid money for other tools to do the threads my way and delivered consistently. When the forum needed new mods, my name came up.

Noooooooooooooot gonna happen.

Quite frankly the reason his previous account was banned is enough. As in, I'm REALLY surprised I let him stay back then.

17. Iterro

Iterro Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Wasn't talking about me :p

18. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    No one here would be a good moderator imo

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Nono, I mean I'm not picking a favourite child!

Not even me? :eek:

20. zab100

zab100 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    You're letting me narrow down your address ;)

If you left... well Red1 would be a good mod