Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. CarbonELiTE

CarbonELiTE Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2012
    Maybe there should be a search by user for the online levels? I know you can just click on one that person has made and find the rest of their levels, but if you just put search by user and have a list of all people that have created levels it may be easier. Just alphabetical order or something. The system now makes it pretty much only conveinent to find other levels of people with a game up on featured games. I know Darnoc has one or two good custom levels out and my very first one I made "The First Labour" went to featured games pretty quick. My Second and Third Labour levels aren't getting much love but theyre fairly fresh, working on combining all of the first three and then jumping into the fourth separate one. Hopefully the combination of all 3 will make for one hell of a challenge comparable to your Jumper level. :)

2. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    Also noticed you wanted to possibly implement a way to score points or something to better differentiate people that can beat the level and those that can master it. If you make your levels with tricks, such as jumps you can skip, but are still able to use (This would alter the time it takes to complete the level assuming its beaten) you should be able to come up with a leader board based off of either number of jumps to complete or time taken to complete. For instance if you make a circumstance where you can either jump to a farther box or fall to a lower closer one it would effect the time or number of jumps taken to complete the course. This would also encourage players to use the practice mode to find these tricks in the levels, otherwise they would lose out on a higher rank on the leader board if they just jump straight into a level.

3. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    Oh last idea!! Only thought of it for my own benefit but MAYBE a copy/paste function when creating your own levels. It would make putting all my levels together into one level soooooooo much easier. Or for those that made a level and have a certain part in it they may want to put into another level they're making, there's the copy/paste function! :D

4. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    Just finished the combination of levels titled "The first 3 Trials," so if you're looking for a super challenge and/or liked one or more of the Labour levels so far then definitely try it! And try the other featured levels they're awesome!

5. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    I beat the first 2 of your labour level, they are super challenging, good work!

6. RobTopGames

RobTopGames Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    @CarbonELiTE

Great job with the Labour levels! Featured you last level "The First 3 Trials" :)

I'm trying to improve the level browser each update, and I will be adding different things to make searching and finding levels as easy as possible.

The leader board system is something I'm still trying to solve. I would like to make it possible to get a score on each level. The problem with tricks is that each level would have to be build with that specifically in mind, I would like to have something more automatic. I'm adding a way to comment on user levels in the next update, and after that I would also like to add a list that shows who completed a level first. If it can be possible to combine that with scoring and a leaderboard I think it would be awesome.

I will be adding a copy/paste function in the next update as well. Initially it wont work to copy assets from one level to another, but it will work to copy portions of a level inside that level. Good to have if you for instance are build several obstacles that look the same.

@darnoc703

Haha nicely done! I'm working on level 8 now and it should be out soon, hopefully it will take a while to complete :D

7. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    @Rob That bit of the copy paste will at least make some of it easier for me haha, and thanks for featuring my levels :) I've been so busy building levels I haven't even beaten Jumper or the one before it although I did almost beat the one before it in one go its a super fun level!

@Darnoc I'd be interested to see if someone can beat my First 3 Trials level. I was only able to do it on practice just so I could get it out there. But all the levels really only require a little bit of practice to master! I don't think they're too hard even put together.
    As for your levels I have only beaten Chill Out, the Don't Stop Believen one has me tripped up haha but I don't think I'm too great at this game either

8. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    @CarbonELiTE

It's a great level, very tricky parts though :)

I have actually changed the way level verification works in the next update. From then you will have to complete the level in normal mode for the level to be verified :)

Building level 8 now, but it's tricky to build a level that's hard but not frustrating ^^

9. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    What... You can beat them in practice to get them submitted??????? -,-

Hey Rob, is that intentional?
    And I will attempt to beat your trial!

10. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    35% on normal and beat on practice. God that's hard

11. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    I've updated the First 3 Trials so that the tricky first 2 jumps and the upside down flying part are less frustrating. I completed the level on normal mode that way and found the rest is tricky but very do-able If you practice it!

12. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    yes i hate that beginning so much

13. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I see you changes that super tight spaceship part also!!

14. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    It was intentional, but I have changed it in the patch so that normal mode is needed to verify a level. I think that will keep levels a bit more structured :)

vaulto likes this.
  15. CarbonELiTE

Sep 10, 2012
    @Darnoc haha yes the First Labour part of it is a lot easier and more enjoyable, but its still a difficult level altogether. I didn't change the actual First Labour level or it would be a little easy in my opinion. Hopefully it will make it more fun than frustrating now!

16. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Just put out another level called jumpin jam, it isn't too hard or long, but is WIP

17. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    Really cool effect in the beginning, felt like I jumped into water :D

18. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I've noticed a glitch that happens when you go up really high fast and then down fast. Play the new update of jumpin jam to see at the end it does it

19. I don't have this game, but it looks like a game I would like to get. Is there icade support, or can it be put in?

20. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    Hmm, I don't notice any particular glitch when testing the level. What glitch are you seeing?

There is no icade support at the moment, but it's something I might look into for a future update if there is enough interest :)