Universal Geometry Dash (by RobTop Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 12, 2013.

1. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Ok I will test that now.
    On I see how it works now! Thanks for the help! Btw loving it so far!

2. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    In the build portion of the level editor I see a bunch of weird things you can place on the top row of the page with the start position. What are these? And sorry for all the questions!!

3. RobTopGames

RobTopGames Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    Np, I just enjoy talking about the game :)

The last page in the build tab is mostly for toggling in-game effects. An effect will be triggered when you pass its x-position, so you can place it wherever you want in height.

The top row is for block enter effects. The first button turns off all enter effects. The second one will make all blocks fall in from the top, the third will make all blocks rise from the bottom etc.

The BG and Ground buttons are for triggering color changes. You place a trigger, and then with the object selected go to edit and the second page. There you will be able to change color, fade time etc.

The last two buttons are for toggling a trail effect on the character :)

Let me know if you have any other thoughts/questions!

4. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Ok, and if I am seeing right it does the Reverse on the exit? Also, I love the creativity in the levels, like in dry out, the part when the music goes like distorted and it goes upside down and wavy like. I can just imagine endless opportunities for this game! Also when the the new levels come out are you going to add their features to the level editor? Keep up the good work!

5. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Buying this in the afternoon. So the rhythm aspect, are the traps/obstacles timed to the beat so essentially you're tapping to the rhythm to avoid them?

6. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Can the levels be infinite in size or do they have a limit to them?
    Also is there a way to copy paste large groups of objects?

7. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    #27 RobTopGames, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    I build all levels with the exact same editor that is in-game. So when I add new features they will be included for everyone to use :)

I'm trying to add game mechanics that work together, like flipping gravity while in flymode. That adds a lot more combination and variation when creating levels.

I manually built all levels to match the music, so mostly you flow with the beat.

When building levels, each song has guidelines that are shown to help sync the level to the music. There are guidelines that match the music/instruments, and guidelines that matches the beats per minute.

The levels have a limit around 2 minutes if I remember correctly. Its mostly there to make sure that the upload/download size of a level doesn't grow to large.

Right now there is no option to copy a group of objects, but I'm already working on adding it for the next update :)

8. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    @darnoc703 - Just played your level Gravity Field, damn that was difficult!

Gave me an idea for a new game mode, and noticed a few things that I have to optimize, thx! :)

vaulto likes this.
  9. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Haha awesome thanks!

10. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Just submitted my new level, Blackout, I challenge you! Mr. RobTop! to beat it!

Btw it took me around 300 attempts

11. Bronxsta

Last question before I buy: level creating and sharing is easy? I've played quite a few games with user levels (Bike Baron, 14px) and you need to find the codes for the levels you want to play, etc. Not very simple

And btw, if you're looking for another hard as hell action platformer, I'd highly recommend 14px. It's probably the best Super Meat Bot esque game I've played on IOS.

12. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    The level sharing is a breeze, once you create a level you have to beat it, once you do that you press submit and that's it. To view other levels you just press search or featured to view, search brings you to options most recent most liked trending and most downloaded. Also some filter options, no codes or anything. Oh and a search function

13. Bronxsta

Excellent, and very smart making so you have to beat your own level

Downloading

14. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Your welcome, and thanks for the 14px recommendation I just bought it!

15. Bronxsta

No problem and good luck. The first world is bit on the easy side, but it ramps up very fast

16. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    Haha I just tried it, this will be difficult :D

17. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    @darnoc703 - Took me 100 attempts but I did it! :D

Nice level, very tricky timing at some places ^^

18. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    Wow you beat me at my own level! Nice job beating it in 100!

19. RobTopGames

May 12, 2012
    Hehe I've had some practice ^^

Really enjoy playing levels that I haven't made myself, different experience :)

BackThePortal likes this.
  20. darnoc703

Mar 24, 2013
    I found a weird bug involving naming, it isn't much of a problem but I just the ought you would like to know. My brother wanted to try to make a level, so when he did he renamed the character so people would know it wasn't me making them. But that then changed all of the levels to his name. After I noticed I changed the name back. And now they all say Darnoc. Unless you actually go into the place where you can like, rate, etc for the level. That shows the correct names for what the character was named at the time of subbmission