iPad GeoDrop HD > Lite now available

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chronocore, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Chronocore

Chronocore Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Mobile Games Developer
    Hamburg
  2. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Game Impressions

Great fun!

Got the free version and after a game or two NEEDED to get the full version!

My only whine at this point, devs, please don't rely entirely on GC for highscores. Why not at least track each modes' top score locally as well since us iPod Touchers are often playing outside of wi-fi and, let's face it, even if within wi-fi range GC can be pretty flakey at times. I should be able to see my top local score in each mode right there in the mode's title screen/description.

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I tried the lite and I liked the game too.

However, it does not feel that retina on the new iPad is fully supported. Most of the graphics seem a bit blurry.

Anyway, I may purchased to play it on my iPhone.

4. Chronocore

Chronocore Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Mobile Games Developer
    Hamburg
    Hi!

Thank you for the feedback. Before the development of GeoDrop I thought that many more users already use Game Center. But it turned out afterwards that there are less than 50% who use Gamecenter. (As opposed to about 80% of users who very quickly install the latest firmware.) As a compromise, the highest score is saved locally and at the beginning of a game shown at the bottom as a reminder. (There is also a message if you beat your personal highscore)

For all people who like to watch the video of the game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEmRUnJ1les