iPad geoDefense (by Critical Thought Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DieseliPhone, Feb 20, 2009.

1. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Is it possible to solve the levels without any enemies coming through? I tried Level 1 with different solutions, but can't manage to find a perfect solution.

2. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Currently on level 6 on "easy" and it definitely is not easy ;). This is a great game, really challenging and close to an arcade game with the high-speed creeps and fast-arriving waves. I guess not being able build in pause mode is a design decision... Things get really hectic in this game! Quite unlike any other TD I've played.

But the game seriously needs an offset for tower building. The accurate placement of laser tower is really crucial here to maximize the fire power on long straights, so one's finger should not cover the building spot.

I hated the slow game play of Fieldrunners - geoDefense goes to the other extreme. The maps are quick to play, and the action is constant and requires fast reaction and quick thinking. I get the feeling some of the maps are really puzzles, in such way that one needs to find just the correct order and placement of towers. The replayability of such maps may suffer a bit after "solving" them. But there are 30 maps and even the first 10 easy ones will provide hours of challenge.

PS. Today was quite an interesting day of $1 games... In addition to geodefense I purchased idracula and shooter - all of them thanks to Touch Arcade!

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think this game deserves a front page spot. I'm really impressed with it. It's definitely the toughest TD I've played yet. I got defeated pretty easily on the second level!

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I wish it had some in game music.

5. MyiPhone

MyiPhone Member

Feb 20, 2009
    thank you!;)

6. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    trial and error! Level 5 easy, a bit stuck, still figuring out how many laser guns I need... Or should I slowthem down more?

Anybody found a cheat for more funds?:p
    The pace is hard to keep up with, but a feast for eyes and ears!

7. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    from what I've been hearing this game is quite difficult. is it worth upgrading to 2.2.1 for?

8. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Yessssssssssss!!!!!! Beyond all imagination yes. Do it!:D It's addicting.

9. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I think so. I didn't have any of the problems with 2.2.1 that some others had. You can always revert back to 2.2. It backs up everything when you update.

This game is definitely difficult. From what I've tried so far, it's without a doubt worth getting.

10. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
  11. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    hmm... who the hell claimed this TD ripped off BD and BA?

all i said was the game used vector graphics just as seen in vector tanks, BD and BA.

i would actually buy the game on design alone but it seems like people are saying it's difficult so pass for now.

12. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Just buy it. You can't go wrong for a dollar. It's difficult but that's the genius of this game. You have to outwit the creeps.

13. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i love your signature dhrox.
    btw, thanks to your opinion i have a really nice game now. :)

14. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    *Thumbs Up*
    Thanks. I hope you enjoy geoDefense as much as I did. BTW, is Spheroids good? I might bite. Sorry, OT.

15. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i enjoy it very much!
    you know what? i really started to like td games.
    thank to the creeps i guess... now i have them, 7 cities and geoDefense :)

off topic: i pmed you about spheroids... :)

16. Kultist

Kultist Member

Jan 21, 2009
    #76 Kultist, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    Hard but very good

Just tried it, it's on par with Fieldrunners for TD games, but MUCH harder. Can't get past the 3rd level...
    Somehow, I keep trying. This one reminds me of Ninja Gaiden (XBox) in regards to difficulty: it's not the game that's too hard, it's just that you made a mistake somewhere and have to learn how not to make it again :)

17. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    I think I have figured out how to make this game MUCH easier...

PLACE LASERS...lots of them...on the straightaways (I know the instructions tell you this, so don't ignore it). Using mainly lasers, and upgrading frequently, makes the game easier. I have blown past alot of the easy stages using this technique. Crossing lasers is a powerful setup.

18. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    #78 stanny, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
    I just got this based on the good feedback. Somebody try and get the dev in here!

UPDATE: Just tried it, this is balls. The difficulty level need to be toned down. I am sure it's getting lots of casual players frustrated and casual players is where the money is. If the difficulty level is so tight then there will only be 1 or 2 ways to play it "correctly" thus not allowing much room for creativity and flexibility.

19. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I found some of my old Tiesto CDs and threw them on my phone and played through the easy levels. This takes me back to some fun times. It's like a laser and light show, the weapons sfx blend so well with a techno track, and the ripples and explosions drive my eyes cRaZy!!!

20. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I have most of the TD games. I guess this games is almost an obligation! It is challenging.