iPad geoDefense (by Critical Thought Games LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DieseliPhone, Feb 20, 2009.

1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I actually beat the first level. I had two groups of turrets to do the job. Good luck!

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Based on everyone's comments, this looks like a must have for TD games.
    For a buck, I'll be all over this puppy tonight. How did this go under the radar for more than a day????

3. Wulfsige

Wulfsige Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I saw it before but saw no reviews or posts about it. Guess I need to pick up another game lmao.

4. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    I just went to the devs website. He's helping to work on Star Wars: The Old Republic. Well, his team at least, but his company has quite a list of games that they've made. I saw geoDefence the other day but dismissed it as another TD. BIG MISTAKE.

5. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    oh no and only 99c .....damm couldn't say no to this !

i blame everyone !

6. Seien

Seien Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    I'll take it! But then I blame DHRox. Haha I'm enjoying the difficulty, it's just about right IMO. Great game, hidden gem. If you are still thinking about it then stop reading this post and go buy it. Just don't get a soda next time you go to McDonalds :D

7. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Hey! It's mot my fault that an awesome game slipped by me! Actually, it's DieseliPhone's fault for finding a hidden gem.:p

8. VoidCog

VoidCog Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I'm a TD fanatic, and I'm finding this to be pretty difficult. I'm having to retry each level several times before I pass.

Just got to easy level 4. It's important to note that the towers tend to aim at the enemies which are closest to the exit -- this is especially crucial when placing your laser towers.

9. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    hmm... great design and i love vector design (vector tanks duh, blue attack/defense)

but if it's too hard. it'll be sitting on the dock untouched. maybe when they adjust difficulty

10. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I knew not buying iDracula was a good idea, I can get this instead :D.

Does it have sounds btw?

11. flamesmaster

flamesmaster Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    loads of cool sounds. Robot voices and sound effects

12. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009
    YEP sounds!! Relly nice - seems like a complete package. The way the background warps as things are destroyed is a really cool design element, too!!!

13. Yea pretty decent graphics. Not as involved as iTD. I'm only on 3rd level easy though. Found that placing laser tower to fire not at the first incoming but rather the straight line where they turn is better since it's AI shoots always fires at leader so it'll wrap around. So yea definitely recommend it for a buck for fans of TD games. Gotta play it quite a bit more though see if I'll add it to my TD list or not.

14. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    This game rules.

Got it. Love it.

'nuff said.

15. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Just spent my lunch playing this game and it's awesome. Love the vectorish geometry-wars style graphics and smoothness of it. And like others have mentioned, the effects when you blow up the creeps or when you loose a life, it's just really smooth and slick. Great sound effects, too.

I can see this becoming one of my favorite and most challenging TD games.

16. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I've played just the first level.

- Nice interface and overall presentation
    - Graphics and sounds work very well for the game with some nice touches such as lives spoken countdown
    - Animations make this TD feels alive and kicking!
    - One thing to improve (it's kind of urgent): it's not easy to place a tower exactly where you want because your finger gets in the way (unless you have really tiny ones); a two tap tower placement would be 100% better: tap to select the tower then tap to place it. Simple but works really well no matter your finger size! :)

So far it's obviously worth the $0.99 price tag!

17. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes TD games. I've played it a little bit, but the towers are unique(so far) from other TDs and the graphics and sounds are great.

I thought it was copying Blue defense too, but it's actually a very well made game. I actually think it's a just a coincidence. The enemies are called "creeps" too, but I highly doubt they're trying to copy "The Creeps." It is trying to be like geometry wars, though, so maybe it is copying those games. Either way, it's a great game so far.

18. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Finally bought fieldrunners not so long ago and swore I didn't need another TD. Couldn't resist though and I'm glad I went for it. Lot's of style and pretty hard to beat which I love and means you have to think strategy all the time, try and retry.

Just found like others that my finger is in the way so can't position very precisely.

19. shubhangam

shubhangam Active Member

Dec 27, 2008
    AI Monsters are referred to as "creeps" or "mobs" in game lingo.

as in : lets farm the creeps [wc3]
    go kill the creeps in the top lane [DotA]

20. voldemort

voldemort Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Downloading ..
    It worths a try