Geo Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WOW_GEE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. KidTwist

KidTwist New Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Wow. I need a video of Easy 6 or something (or build order). I just can't get past that first wave of fast guys (3). This one is haunting me while mediums are easy. What am I missing?

2. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Still stuck on Hard 2. Tried a million different things, with vortexes and without. I can get to 30 all the time but always wipe on that stage....

Anyone have a good strategy for getting the six items consistently in the first box? Usually I can get 4 no sweat, rarely five but often my placement isnt sharp enough to get all six...

3. saatchi

saatchi New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Yea, start with the missile on the top left or top right of the box. Or, even safer but a weaker start, get a shock tower in the very middle of the top line, and 2 missiles next to it.

4. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Finished the game. The strategy of using a ton of level 1 laser towers and linking them to a vortex makes the game too easy. I beat almost all the levels on hard with that strategy fairly easily. I almost wish I hadn't read the post that showed that strategy. Now I guess I need to re-try all the hard levels without using vortexes as an added challenge.

5. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I always start with the bottom one, then the middle right, middle left, upper right, upper left, and the shock tower last. Start with the crosshair for the first one (bottom) right on the cross of the grid, and wiggle a bit until you can place it. Then for all the other ones, make sure you are placing them as close to the other towers as possible (look for where the "too close" warning dissapears), THEN get it the closest distance from the wall. Don't start with the wall distance, you should be able to place the towers almost touching each other, which usually doesn't happen if you measure from the wall first.

To the guy who says that Medium 3 is harder than Hard 2... have you beaten hard 2? And if so did you use the step by step instructions posted here to do it?

6. Etzmolch

Etzmolch Member

Mar 26, 2009
    #106 Etzmolch, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
    hard 2

7. Etzmolch

Etzmolch Member

Mar 26, 2009

8. Etzmolch

Etzmolch Member

Mar 26, 2009
    hard 2

finally

Attached Files:

9. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Are you serious?! I could swear I had a bunch more towers than that and still couldnt beat it. Thanks for the tip!!! Any tips for Medium L3 (Hat)? I cant for the life of me beat it. I can only get to level 21 of 40 EVERY time.

10. Etzmolch

Etzmolch Member

Mar 26, 2009
    there you go

Attached Files:

11. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Holy cow! Thanks!!! I will give that a shot. I had something similar to that but never had a chance to upgrade them all. Seems like once I get to level 20/21 with all my lives, they just all go at once. Driving me nuts!! Thanks again! I will update the thread to let you know how I do.

12. derdude74

derdude74 New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I just completed
    GEO DEFENSE HARD LEVEL 2 ANGULAR VIEW

wow. that was hard. i have tried for 100 times.
    nothing seems to work.

No blaster
    No laser
    no vortex
    just missile and shock.

how to i decribe best:

i just concentratet on the triangle.
    the whole thing is based on a "trick" or just a bug.

above the triangle there is a small stripe / gang
    usually there is only room for one missele tower.
    but
    her comes the trick.
    you can put more than 30 towers at one place

just try it.

just shift / move the missile tower towards "outside of the field."
    above this small stripe
    without removing your finger, the missile tower will be build.

and just repeat. 20 times.

some shocks and other rocket towers within the triangle will do the rest.
    i really did use a lot of shock towers, which i upgraded time by time.

i hope this helped.

13. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    I am stuck on Medium 8 Bad Plumbing! Any hints on this one? Thanks!

14. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Man all this talk about geoDefense and it's on sale for a buck right now; I'm officially off the fence and buying it.

15. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    deckard !

a wise decision :)

16. spag

spag New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Congrats. I beat it yesterday for the first time after I swear, playing it 100 times. My final layout looks very similar to yours.

Here is what I did, and it almost seemed too easy when I did it.

I built the upper triangle with the 5 missles and shock. I got them all to level 6. I then built the four upper right missles, and rather than building them all to level 6 together, I did just the top one first, then down one at a time.

By level 25 or 26, when the creeps are getting ready to break through the upper defenses, I build the lower right tower. And I build it up to level 6, then the next, then the next, and while all hell is breaking loose, I build the lower triangle, and then start throwing the towers to the left of that as well, and just upgrading like a mofo till the High Score message appears.

Probably ended with most of the lives and about $500 left. No clue how to save a screen or I would have grabbed it....I was so relieved.

17. spag

spag New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    While Hard 2 finally succumbed to my relentless playing....

THE FREAKIN X FACTOR is still driving me insane. I've seen the end game shot for this before, but I simply can't believe that did it. Maybe it's the specific build order, but I can never put enough damage into the creeps to keep them from hitting the base. Driving me nuts...

18. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    OK, it is freaking impossible for me to get through Medium 8 - Bad Plumbing. I just can't do it. EVERY way I try is no good. The baddies ALWAYS get me! AUGH!

Somebody help!!!

I get it where it starts out good I keep building but the baddies get by every time!!!

19. derdude74

derdude74 New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    okay
    try the following advise.

no shocks (ver low effectivity, senseless in this level i do believe)
    no rockets (the same ...)
    one blaster (also no really good weapon, but you need it at first)

and only lasers
    all around the centre of the X

15 for one laser
    7 for the upgrades

the first upgrade is very effective !!! because its faster to reload!!!
    always upgrade at buying the laser.

i think 20-30 lasers will do the rest
    with further partial upgrading for 15 bucks

20. d4l3

d4l3 Member

Mar 11, 2009
    SoCal
    They should make a fix turret laser that you control manually.