Geo Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WOW_GEE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I still cant beat medium level 3 (hat)!! Why?!!! I have tried so many combinations. I think my game is broke. :)

2. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Hard 2 is my new medium 2.
    What's with the 2's, and why are they so much more difficult than all the others???? :)

3. saatchi

saatchi New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    #83 saatchi, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
    Hard 2 is just sooo khzhbj45%$%TJV. Tried a billion times, i never get past 30.

4. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Finally beat hard 2 after around 30 tries. Just followed the screenshot posted in an earlier page and won with 5 lives remaining. Then I went and beat hard 3 on the first try. I don't think the order of the levels is correct in terms of difficulty... still an awesome game.

5. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    I cannot get past Medium 2 no matter how I play it! AUGH! I must of tried over 200 times by now.

Are there any tricks to it?

6. frim

frim Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Use a lot of the red towers and the blue towers where it makes sense

7. snoderlye

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    Do you need to level up the towers?

I usually start with two greens and and two blues in the first turn and keep adding blues where they make sense. Then I try to get one or two yellows. Then add red ones. But those little blue pac man baddies get me along with the red cubes every single time!

8. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

I know that I cant get past lvl 5 on easy mode. It gets really hard. I am kind of new to the game and I love it....but its hard. Sentinal is really good also but geoDefense gives a new look to the tower defense type game so I am hoping I can figure out a good strat out!

9. frim

frim Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Put in as many red towers as you can before you start upgrading them.. At the end you'll get a lot of money so you won't be able to build new towers, but you can use it to upgrade, as that's faster to do

10. snoderlye

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    OK, that time was better. ;) Died on 20/24. That is the closest I have gotten so far. Thanks! I will keep on trying and banging my head against the wall when I lose.

11. mattyboy80

mattyboy80 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I've finished them all except hard 2.

Followed the earlier strategy but I always JUST lose out

12. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009

Hard 2 is easily the hardest level in the game. I also had a lot of trouble with Hard 1, due to the towers not attacking the farthest along creep. It's incredibly frustrating having a set up that "should" work, and then having your stupid tower allow you to die while it goes and shoots someone else (like with one life, it should EVER not attack the guy about to kill you :rolleyes:), however it's probably a lot easier now that you can manual target.

I had trouble with Medium 2, but not nearly as much as everyone else it seems.

13. Geschlagen

Geschlagen Active Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Yes, I found out, that if you build a lot of level 1 lasers and link them to 2 vortex towers, you win very easily. That should be changed. This way you can beat every level except Hard 2 and the ones without vortex towers of course.

Btw: I have 11 Million Points on Hard 9

14. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Any one know if the developer is still working on the game? Haven't heard anything from him in a while. No updates on his website for a month...

15. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    I have to disagree. Level 3 of medium (hat) is by far the most frustrating. I cannot get any further than level 20/21 and thats only HALF way. I always make it to 20/21 without losing a life and then everything goes to heck in a hand basket. Anyone have any strategies for me please? I only have 3 more levels to beat on hard and that darn hat level. Driving me nuts!!

16. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    dont underestimate placing lasers along the bottom, top, and horizontally (on top) of the lanes and upgrading it fully. I"ve played hat for so many times and keep on losing because i didn't have enough laser towers. i think towards the end i had at least 2 on each of the 6 spots u can put it on. Fill the middle with red cannons lvl 6.

the very hard part is the last level where the money comes so fast and u just have to put more red cannons on the side cause u're runining out of space..and prey u dont let them through (the lasers help alot alot to take down the ones close to the exits)

17. Behold

Behold Member

Mar 2, 2009
    The way I [finally] beat The Hat:

• Multiple laser towers along the long vertical axes - 3 each at the bottom, 2 at the top.

• Red Missile Towers in the inside

• Entire perimeter interspersed with Green Cannons and yellow slowing towers.

• Vortex Towers at each of the 4 main corners

Once this structure is in place, its a question of keeping up with your revenue, and systematically upgrading.

LOVE this game!

18. saatchi

saatchi New Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I agree 100%, hard 2 is easily the most difficult level. I've beaten every single one except hard 2. Not that its impossile, but u cant deny the fact that hard 2 takes the most finetuning in order to survive the final wave.

But yea, the game is so good... unbelievable. No game even comes close in the appStore. Dying for new levels over here.

19. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    thought i had posted this.....

if the developer is still active / reading this i for one wont complain if he releases the new levels as geo defense 2 !

i would happily pay again for this, its one of the best games on the iphone :)

20. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    Me 2!!!!