Geo Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WOW_GEE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Notinuse

Notinuse Active Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Finally beat Hard 2 using pretty much the same strategy listed here with a couple variations. Hopefully the next update has some new levels in it.

2. nsxdavid

nsxdavid Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Next update...

Yup, my intention for the 1.2 Update is to add some new levels... and surprises. :)

-- David

3. Erin

Erin Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I beat hard 2!

Woohoo! I beat Hard 2! With seven lives left!

Thank you to the original poster who posted the screenshot, it was very helpful.

As a lot of people are stuck on this, let me be clear on the order of things.

0. I followed the screenshot on page 5 pretty closely, except that under the two laser towers in the upper right corner (still outside the paths, though) I put a vortex tower. I attached the two laser towers to that vortex tower, and I never upgraded the vortex tower. It made all the difference.

1. Build the upper inside triangle, the two laser towers, and the vortex tower. Upgrade everything to level 6. Upgrade the whole set at one time, so that you don't move anything to level 4 (for example) until everything is at level 3. Yes, DO upgrade the shock tower to level 6, it's crucial. Do NOT upgrade the vortex tower, it's just not necessary.

2. Build the four missile towers in the upper right corner, along the straight edge of the triangle. Upgrade all four together to level 6.

3. Once you've done this, you're going to have about 15 seconds to build out the lower half of the map before creeps start escaping from the upper half. Do not hesitate! Building out the lower half FAST is crucial to success.

4. Start the lower half by building out the four missile towers along the right edge of the triangle. Upgrade the whole set to level 6.

5. Here's where things get tricky. Fill in the middle of the triangle with a shock tower up top and two missile towers down below. (You might want to practice this a few times, because squeezing all three of these towers into the lower, smaller triangle is HARD.) Throw four more missile towers as fast as humanly possible outside the triangle to the upper left. Then upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! The money is going to be flowing in faster than you can spend it, and even with seven towers to upgrade (the three inside the triangle and the four outside the triangle) you're going to be constantly upgrading. Keep your head, don't look at the creeps, and just upgrade as fast as you can.

6. Victory!

Good luck!

- Erin

4. TheOrioles33

TheOrioles33 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2008
    First I hated this game because it was too hard. Then realized it wasnt hard, it was challenging. Now I LOVE IT! Have a few levels on MED to beat still and havent managed to beat a hard level yet. I actually tried the last level of hard just for laughs and acutally made it to level 40 or 40 but ended up losing. Cant stop playing!! Look forward to future updates.

5. Tinsel

Tinsel Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Can anyone give me a build order for Medium 4? I've gotten farther on my own strategy than trying to following the screenshot, but I still haven't been able to beat it.

Thanks!

6. TheOrioles33

Jun 1, 2008
    I wish I could help but I dont even remember how I beat level 4! :) I cant for the life of me beat level 2 or 3 of medium. Those are the only 2 levels I have left to beat on medium. I beat 2 levels of hard so far. I have tried everything! :)

7. Erin

Erin Active Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I know how you feel. The great thing is that they're all beatable, and the feeling of beating one is... well, orgasmic! This game has an incredible feeling of satisfaction when you win.

It's kind of funny though. I've beaten every level, and only needed screenshots for Hard 2, 5, and 8. But when I went back to Medium 4 to remember how I did it... I have no clue! Meaning the replayability/frustration factor is very high for this game...

- Erin

8. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Help with Medium Level 8

I have been stuck on Medium Level 8 for a week now. Tried almost every possible variation... all laser towers, all gun towers, all missile towers, combinations of each. I cannot get past wave 16. Can someone help?

9. TheOrioles33

Jun 1, 2008
    That I may be able to help with! Thats one of my most recent victories. I believe I just load up the upper/right side of the map with level 5 missle launchers. It was insane. For level 9 I loaded up with laser cannons. I know its vague but missles for l8 and lasers for l9. Good luck!

I'm off to try level 2 and 3 AGAIN! Maybe my 50th try will be the charm! I hope I can get to bed by 3am! :)

10. cycler15

Jan 16, 2009
    I was stuck on those levels for awhile as well. Unfortunately I don't remember specific details because I passed those levels over a week ago. I just remember using a few laser towers and lots of missile towers for level 2. For level 3 I stacked 3 laser towers on each of the main straighaways and then used missile and vortox towers. Hope that helps a bit.

11. TheOrioles33

Jun 1, 2008
    I JUST beat level 2 and that's pretty much what I had to do. I had 4 level 7 lasers and a bunch of level 5 missle towers. Thanks for the tip for level 3. I may try it tonight. I need to go to bed at a reasonable time!! :)

12. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I'm passing more hard levels than medium, so I guess there's something I'm doing wrong.

Still annoying that my blue laser towers at the end/base of the map still point and track the baddies as they start the map (even though it can't reach them) rather than the one's heading to the base. It means a small delay in actually shooting the correct guys.

Still love the game though.

Would pay twice as much for an update or sequel.

13. cycler15

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks! I tried your strategy and beat the level on the first try! I did lose 5 lives within the first 10 levels but only lost 2 more the rest of the way.

I always thought missile towers wasn't a good strategy for this map because the creeps move so fast and when they go off screen the missile is wasted unless your tower is high enough. I guess you just need to try EVERY possible strategy until you figure it out.

14. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Finally beat medium2 without losing life. It's as hard as hard2...

15. tiagobuhr

tiagobuhr Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Can someone help me at lvl 6 easy? can`t pass through it.

16. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Attached

Attached Files:

17. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    #77 Stykman, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    I need help with medium lvl 1

join group :)

18. tiagobuhr

tiagobuhr Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    yeah i got it but i don`t know with which tower to start

19. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    A final stage screenshot is nice, but only a small part of a plan to beat a level. There are thousands if not millions of combinations of building strategy to get to that final configuration, but only a few of them will beat the level.

20. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    If left corner as (0,0), first green at (2, -3).