Geo Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WOW_GEE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Geo Hard 10

Attached Files:

2. hman

hman Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Lasers from the back

I shoot them from the back as well. Most folks already know, but for the new players, if you shoot from the front you will notice that the tower will track the first creep and you miss the ones behind, whereas if you shoot from the back, *most* of the time (depending on surrounding paths) you will keep shooting in a line hitting more creeps for a longer period.

3. cycler15

cycler15 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Thanks Wiesse, I was stuck on Medium Level 2 for almost a week. I must have played that level 20 times and tried almost every strategy. My problem was that I kept focusing on the laser towers since there are so many straight lines in the level. Your screenshot made me try using mostly missile towers and that worked! Beat the level on my first try with the new strategy and won with only 2 lives lost.

Normally I wouldn't look at other people's winning strategy, but that level was really frustrating me and I refuse to move on to other levels until I beat each one in order.

4. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    This is the only td game thats actually challenging

I need a strategy for lvl 6 on easy

5. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Made it work, thanks! I actually upgraded #2 on round 1 and it helped to have the towers ready to place as the money arrived.

6. fivejane

fivejane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 23, 2009
    I surrounded the "resistor" (bottom half zig-zags) with laser towers. They will get a lot of crossfire damage. I filled the top sawtooth with blasters and put missiles along the middle section. Then it's just a matter of upgrading.

7. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Finally beat hard2!!!

8. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Hi all... I just got the game and have been playing for a few minutes.

I'm just wondering, when you say you beat a level, is it passing the level or passing with no lives lost? I haven't played for very long but I keep losing a few lives even on the first level on easy :'-(

9. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    How????
    Do you have a screen capture?

Please help!!!

10. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Hard2 :)

Attached Files:

11. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    That has been more or less my strat for a while. Still can't do it. I guess one of these games I will just survive past 30...

12. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I can usually get to 29 or so using something very similar but it never pans out. The build strat on this one must be razor thin....

13. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    I finally made it past Medium 2. I dont even want to know what Hard 2 is like. OUCH.

14. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    ehh that's what i've been doing on hard2 since my first try, though with a lot more missiles and a lot less upgrades on them towards the end

15. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Shouldn't the next update be out soon? Seems like it's been a while since it was submitted...

16. nsxdavid

nsxdavid Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Update 1.1 out!

The 1.1 Update is out!

I'm starting work on the 1.2 update now!

-- David

17. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Woot, downloading now!

18. owl70

owl70 New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    Hard2

I was struggling with this strategy, but finally managed to beat it.

I updated each smaller area fully to level 6 before updating the next area. And in each area I updated the missile towers together (all to level 2, all to lvl 3...)

So first the triangle above the target, then the area up-right to it. Then down-right and down-left.

I didn't even use lasers. With 9 lives left.

19. Kadath

Kadath Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Tried this a million different ways, no clue what I am doing wrong, tried getting all sections up to 6 one at a time, tried getting em all up to level 7 one at a time, tried placing em all in a row then upgrading one at a time, still fails. I've gotten to level 30 a ton of times but still no dice.

Also, getting all 6 in the first triangle is still a real bitch even with 1.1

20. sygg

sygg Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #60 sygg, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
    Upgrade to lvl6 only, and up triangle first. later on, just need upgrade as fast as you can.
    :D