Geo Defense Strategy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WOW_GEE, Feb 22, 2009.

1. dave000dave

dave000dave New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

This is how I did it. I apologize for the awful photo.

The problem I had was that a few creeps are immune to anything but lasers. I tried to use lasers only but that never worked. They are too expensive. I found that these immune creeps are a lot slower than the others though. The non-immune creeps would get by first, leaving the immune creeps alone up top.

So I stacked the top with nothing but lasers, while putting blasters and missile towers on the bottom half. After the non-immune creeps squeezed through, the lasers up top would focus on and kill the immune creeps.

A - At the beginning
    1) Start off with about a few laser towers up at the top, spaced so they can get most of the two top circles and a little of some in the lower portion.
    2) Put some blasters inside the circles in the bottom half.
    3) Put a couple of missile towers in the center of the bottom half.

B - Through most of the first levels
    4) Do not upgrade the above yet, just keep adding more laser towers up top, more blasters inside the circles below, and more missiles in the center area of the bottom half.
    5) Throw in a couple of shock towers in the bottom half.

C - Through the latter levels
    6) Begin upgrading the existing towers once you start to run low on room.
    7) Throw in some laser towers in the bottom half.

I let about half the creeps through, and I am sure there is a better way, but this let me finish the level.

Good luck!

2. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    #362 aycaramba, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Strategy for Hard 14 - Crazy Straw

Okay so I'm gonna let you in on my strategy which is gonna be a flawless victory if performed right. It's a pretty weird approach but it works great. We all know that crazy straw includes the bagel-creeps which is immune to anything but lasers AND lvl 7 blasters - sniper towers. This is the trick here. I use sniper towers as my main attack tower here. This is how it's done:

I will here refer to the picture attached.

1. Place a blaster in the top position, upgrade it all the way to a sniper tower (lvl7).

2. Do the same in the right sniper tower position.

3. Place the group of three missile towers to the right, upgrade these to lvl 2.

4. Place the left and bottom blasters. Do not upgrade at this point.

5. Upgrade bottom blaster to sniper (lvl 7), try to time this with the creeps so it's not upgrading while they are passing.

6. Add the center shock and the last 2 missile towers and upgrade the missiles to lvl 2. (leave the shock at lvl 1)

7. Upgrade left blaster to sniper.

8. Add the remaining shock towers.

9. Upgrade all towers together until missiles are lvl 6 and shocks are lvl 7.

10. You will now be at the beginning of wave 12. Don't worry, put down the iPhone, you're done, just wait for the win.

Since the edit this plan should give you a flawless victory every time. I'm sure you can let one or two through if you intentionally plan the sniper upgrades badly, but you won't be able to fail if you follow the instructions.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

3. strugglingf00l

strugglingf00l New Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks for the H14 strategy-- I was just about to post and ask for help on this.

I love this game.

4. astro2

astro2 New Member

Oct 23, 2009

why didn't you just use the "copy iphone screen" function i.e sleep and home button ....i can't understand a word your saying.

above the triangle there is a small stripe / gang

whats a gang? also how the hell can you put 30 towners in one place? are you saying put a tower on the other side of the line? i.e almost off screen?

5. misterwinter

misterwinter New Member

Sep 30, 2009
    I do not understand how you are getting this configuration. I have tried, tried and tried to make the towers fit in this way and there is absolutely no way that they will fit.

6. Chaoda

Chaoda New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Anybody got tips to beat Angular? I tried some of the tips showed here but it does not seem to work. Version 1.4 is the one i have

7. Wabberjocky

Wabberjocky New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Ah, yes you can place a tower just outside the screen border, and repeat in the same spot...

8. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I've been struggling here for days now myself. This is somehow different with version 1.4 and I have yet to find a solution. Anyone?

9. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Hard2 Angular view

Okay, since it's been harder in v1.4 I've been struggling but now I got it right.

Started with the lasers, filled the triangle with missiles, added all the shocks. Added the vortexes. Ran a few rounds of upgrades until about lvl 3. Added the rest of the missiles. Kept upgrading. Focused on getting the lasers to lvl 7 and then at least one or two of the shocks to 7. Then just kept upgrading.

I've been trying a couple of times to tweak it for a flawless victory but I just can't seem to stop that lone star.

Oh well. Here's the pic.

Attached Files:

10. juck

juck New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    PLEASE!!! I need help! Hard Level 13 (Twister)
    I tried it with screenshots on the last pages but I need a step by step tutorial :(

11. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Hard13, Twister

Okay, so here's my gameplan.

PHASE ONE. Goal: To get one tower on every stretch of the track.

1. Place the first 6 lasers from the top. Make absolute sure you position them to fire down the track (as the creeps have passed them, not at incoming creeps.)

2. Upgrade these to lvl 2.

3. Place the remaining 5.

4. Upgrade these to lvl 2.

PHASE TWO. Goal: Get as many lasers as possible firing down the longest stretches.

5. Add the four towers that's in the double-spots.

6. Upgrade these to lvl 2.

PHASE THREE. Goal: Maximize fire power.

7. Upgrade all towers from the top down to lvl 3. Make sure not to have a tower upgrading as multiple creeps are passing.

8. Upgrade the top 3 towers simultaneously to lvl 7.

9. Slap some upgrades on the rest of the towers. You're at the last wave now, shouldn't be able to screw it up.

Attached Files:

12. zanshin

zanshin New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Did exactly like this and failed. How is that possible?

13. aycaramba

aycaramba Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I'm pretty sure it's not. The strategy is solid at least in version 1.4. Either I didn't explain it right or you didn't do it right.

So to sum up:

Place a tower at every single position, get them lvl 2. Add the second towers in the double-positions. Upgrade them to lvl 2. Upgrade all to lvl 3. Upgrade top 3 to lvl 7. Upgrade the rest a little bit.

It really should work, just tried it again.

14. Matt Carroll

Matt Carroll New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I struggled with this level like no other - the last one I finished. Just replying as your solution was the closest I've seen posted to what worked for me. And I tried everyone's strategy on here I could find after many many of mine failed.

I think the sniper cannons are probably the most important feature of my solution. They're expensive, slow to upgrade, but (combined with massively upgraded shock towers) seem to be the key to surviving level 30. The triple Laser Towers (combined with shock towers) are the key to the early levels. Filling in with as many Missile Towers as you can completes the solution.

I think if I refined the timing/placement just a smidge this could be a "perfect game" arrangement.....but I've had my fill of Angular View for a while.

-Matt

P.S. geoDefense is a *great* tower defense game

Attached Files:

15. dave000dave

dave000dave New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    [​IMG]

Here's how I managed to do it without letting any creeps get by. It's simple.

1) Add lasers up top until you run out of money.

2) Then keep adding lasers where you can maximize their range throughout the map.

3) Keep adding lasers until you have the map filled.

4) Upgrade the existing lasers to level two, starting from the bottom of the map moving up.

5) Keep upgrading until all lasers are level two. Then begin again to level three. Then repeat for level four, etc.

Worked for me and was easy.

16. Eni

Eni New Member

Dec 9, 2009

I've had problems with lvl 2, and I tried your strategy and beated this level in one shot, with FLAWLESS VICTORY - 10 lives left. Like you, I placed everything like in your screenshot. Lasers -> missiles inside triangle -> shocks -> vortexes -> missiles. Then I upgraded all towers (except last missiles and vortexes) to lvl 3, then lasers to lvl 7, then FIRST and LAST shock tower to lvl 7, then all missiles to lvl 6. No creep went out of this triangle!

17. Mugio

Mugio New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    The Hat - High Score Help

I need the help of the Geodefense Masters here. I am in a high score competition on The Hat with my friends and I seem to have maxed out my skillz at 79.2 million points. I had the lead for a while but I've been over-taken (89 million) so I need some help on high scores.

What are some strats, specific to The Hat that I can use.

My general plan so far has been to build two gun turrets (upgrade each once) right next to the exit getting x20 and x50. Then build a laser tower at the end of the long corridor near the exit, then one at the beginning of the first corridor. Upgrade and build more laser towers, eventually selling off the gun turrets.

Once I had 4 laser towers at level 6 build some shock and missiles near the exit.

Please help me whoop on my friends, thanks for any advice.

18. ddaddy2420

ddaddy2420 Member

May 4, 2009
    get to the point of upgrading to level 3 but run out of cash when trying to upgrade the top 3 to level 7 - this all happens right around round 11 - somethings not right with your strat of how you explain it.

19. ddaddy2420

ddaddy2420 Member

May 4, 2009
    #379 ddaddy2420, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    get to round 11 and this strat falls apart - you run out of cash and can't upgrade the top 3 towers to level 7 - somethings wrong with your strat.

For one: you say to get all the towers to fire downstream but towers can't be made to fire in one particular direction till level 3 - which you dont have until about round 10 or so

For two: in step 7, you mention to upgrade all towers from the top down to level 3 - you can't upgrade all towers to level 3 due to cash constraints till round 12 and round 11 is when this strat falls apart -

20. Elysium

Elysium Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    #380 Elysium, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
    Having just tried his strat EXACTLY as he described it, I have to conclude that you are an idiot.

It works just fine.

First of all, he says to POSITION the towers so they can fire "down" the track after the creeps, not to lock them into firing in that direction. Just look at his picture. If you place the tower "low" on the corner instead of "high" it will only hit one creep after they turn the corner instead of hitting the whole line.

For all upgrades you simply upgrade whenever you have the money available. You have plenty of firepower to kill all the creeps if you're not an idiot who positions his towers wrong and can't follow a PICTURE.

Edit: I don't know what the hell you are doing because you can have all the towers to level 3 by the end of wave 9.