Universal Gentlemen... Ricochet Mini! (by Bitse Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BïtseGames, Dec 7, 2014.

1. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Hope update hits soon since I don't have any wifi. Really want to play this !

2. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    #22 retr0spective, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    I did not play the original Gentlemen Ricochet game and was attracted to this sequel because it features my favorite gameboy aesthetic. It is flawless at what it seeks to accomplish and I am highly satisfied with it. The gameplay is simple: From within a launch zone, you press the screen to launch your token and pick up stars on the way to catching the token in another launch zone. You end the level by catching the token on an exit zone. I have not yet reached the bosses and mini games but I have played enough to recognize that this game embodies simplicity and perfection within its design niche. The chiptunes are similarly exquisite. I hope that more Retro titles will be forthcoming from the developers because they are so very good at it.

3. Mark DeNardo

Mark DeNardo Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Sound Wizard
    Brooklyn, NY
    Great game. Really tight game design and sound craft. On the fence about the screen size.

This game has authenticity, no question.

4. xzeldax3

xzeldax3 Member

May 12, 2012
    Seconded

5. Daaaaav

Daaaaav Member

Dec 13, 2012
    You need to last one minute for 3 stars in wolrd 1-12. I am stuck at 215/216 stars. I did level 6-11 flawless 3 times clearing every room and getting every stars and the game keeps giving me two stars. Do you need to clear them in a certain order or is this a bug? Extremelly frustating. There's also a bug in the lowest room on the left. The ball keeps boucing through the wall next to where you start. If somebody could tell me how to get three stars in 6-11 that would be much appreciated

6. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    this is great news for everyone. the app is now much smaller in size while retaining the quality it initially offered

7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Excellent. :)

While I'd probably chop off an arm before asking to ever do something about the "resolution" of the game, I do wish a skin could be added around the "screen". Perhaps take the Pix'n Love Rush route and have a retro handheld skin with fake buttons or something, or just...I dunno. Art? :p

8. BïtseGames

BïtseGames Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Montreal
    That's a bug, I thought I had squished it but I guess not. A lot of last minute changes were made to this level and we might have broke something in the process. We'll try to update it as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvenience.

We looked into that, but it's currently impossible to do without rewriting most of the game because of the way it was made (as weird as that sounds), so it'll stay that way.

Hope you guys enjoy the update! If any of you find any other bugs please let us know.

9. Daaaaav

Daaaaav Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #29 Daaaaav, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    Thanks for your quick response! I'll be listening to your awesome soundtrack waiting for the fix;)
    On a side note, I noticed a weird mouse face at the bottom right of level 6-5. I tried to throw my monocle at it a few tries and gave up. Is it just a little easter egg or is there something more to it?

10. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    What's the aproximate length of the game?

11. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    It's free !!!!!!