General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    In short I love the Apple Arcade, gonna play only AA from now on, no more games for me outside of Arcade or it must be the new Cut the Rope he he.

ste86uk likes this.
  2. Stronsay

Stronsay Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Decided against downloading for now as not much chance of looking at all these properly, and I’ve still got a screenful of Game Club beta games to play through. But looking forward to downloading during the winter months when more spare time is available. The opinions being posted on each game will be really helpful then.

3. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    When will come out other games?

4. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    No one knows.

5. Mike Kurrle

Mike Kurrle Active Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Does anyone know when we will be able to play Apple Arcade on macOS beta? My family is digging it on AppleTV, and we're curious to try it out on my laptop.

6. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    The only negative I’m seeing so far about Arcade is that I’ve not even glanced at any others non-Arcade releases this week, and the only one I did consider (locks quest) I didn’t buy because I’m spoilt for choice at the moment, and to be honest can’t see me running out of things to try for a long time.

So I’d be very interested to know how the sales of non Arcade titles have been affected by this? Has every ‘hardcore’ iOS gamer, and by that I mean the people who want to pay for quality games, immediately joined Arcade and for the time being at least Forgotten about other releases?

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m still up for both. For Apple Arcade but any decent premium games I’ll buy. Just none this week for me. When that 1949 shooter comes out I’ll be buying that for sure. In the heyday of iOS gaming I was easily spending £25 a week on games. Don’t spend tons now sadly due to freemium crap

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @orangecan I have to admit I stopped following new ios games thread since I subscribed to Apple Arcade. But it's barely a week so I don't think I'm affected too much. The fact is, who's been buying premium games before wouldn't stop just because of AA subscription. I might hold off for a while because there's a ton of content to play, but it doesn't mean I won't be buying any more premium games. Maybe not right away, the minute the game is launched, but eventually? Absolutely. I bought a lot of games I didn't play right away. When the mood strikes it's under my purchased items. Simple as that.

stubbieoz likes this.
  9. itzonator

itzonator Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2019
    Male
    Entrepreneur
    Great, thanks for creating this thread!

Does anyone know HOW and WHERE to publish games to the new Apple Arcade program? Requirements? Are they hand-picked by Apple Staff, or something else?

Thanks,
    Itzo

10. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
  11. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    No ads people no ads, love it, it’s the best thing on AA ha ha.

The games are also fun he he, just kidding some games are awesome right.

MrPayDay likes this.
  12. Michael East

Michael East New Member

Sep 27, 2019
    Male
    I'm so happy that Apple, and the developers have committed to this model. For me, $4.99 is the perfect price, and now it's about the continued input from game developers and apple into this model. It makes me excited to game on my iPad, iPhone and Apple TV again.

MrPayDay likes this.
  13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    13.1.1 just landed on iOS/ipadOS. Mentioning it here because one of the key things addressed is 13's increased battery drain, something mentioned in this thread re: playing arcade titles. -fingers crossed-

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    They addressed it alright.. My battery dropped from 95% to 91% during the update (which was a few MB and took like a minute to install).. Sigh :confused:

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #175 stubbieoz, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    13.1.1. doesn’t appear to be released for iPad, it says that 13.1. is up to date.
    Looks like Apple will be perhaps having seperate iOS updates now for iPhones and iPads?

And I am really pleasantly surprised to see so many high quality games released on AppleArcade.
    I have downloaded over 50 so far and only two were definitely not for me. The others range from “looks like fun” to “oh wow! Now thats what I’m talking about”.
    I’m also pleasantly surprised to see a handful of turn based tactical rpg’s, all of which are now on my must play list.

In fact I think Apple has really scored a home run with AppleArcade.
    Originally I had no intention of being lumbered into yet another subscription service.
    But having the first month free was a brilliant move by Apple.
    In my case there was one game I was very interested in (Spaceland) so I used the free trial.
    Then I saw other games that looked good.
    Once I started downloading them and saw the quality I was hooked.

And the thing is I am still looking out for good quality premium games in the AppStore. AppleArcade has not stopped that obsession, though it has meant that a few of my current games I was playing are now in the “to be played later” folder.

While it’s somewhat dearer for me at $7.99AUD it is still incredible value, especially considering my Spotify account is $17.99AUD and I hardly listen to music these days.
    Shame my family and friends are not gamers though.... their loss.

Whether Apple can keep the quality of games this high on the service is yet to be seen but so far this looks like it could be something that helps keeps premium mobile games alive. Let’s hope so.

Sorry for the wall of text, but after all the negatives I have with Apple I’m excited to have a real positive to talk about. :D

rIcHrAnDoM, macplash and ROGER-NL like this.
  16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    With AA it feels like I’m back in 2010 the glory days of IOS gaming with every week new puzzle and physics puzzlers I loved so much back then, I had sometimes 20 games on my device doing one level each of every game a day, I think now with AA those times can come back, hope it will be a succes than we are in for some good gaming times.

MrPayDay likes this.
  17. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    So has anyone got any reports back from 13.1.1 on the iPad? Has it addressed the battery life issues?

Thanks

18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    There is no 13.1.1. for the iPad.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @stubbieoz sure it is

Release notes:

iOS 13.1.1 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:

• Fixes issues that could prevent iPhone restoring from backup
    • Addresses an issue that could cause battery to drain more quickly
    • Fixes an issue that could impact recognition of Siri requests on iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    • Resolves a problem where Safari search suggestions may re-enable after turning them off
    • Addresses an issue that could cause Reminders to sync slowly
    • Fixes a security issue for third-party keyboard apps
    iPadOS 13.1.1 is also now available for download for all compatible iPads.

20. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Yes there is. I’m in the Uk and it’s showing as an update ready to install in my settings.