General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    The Apple Arcade is included in the regular Family Sharing system, so all you have to do is turn it on. You don’t share payment: the “host” account covers it for all family members. You can set it up so that the “host” has to approve any AppStore purchases (keep in mind that the Apple Arcade subscription give me you access to all games in the service for no additional cost).

More here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201060

2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    September 24th is the official date for iPad os I’m assuming that Apple Arcade for iPad launches this Tuesday?

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    As I said earlier I only gonna download 3 games come Teusday the 24th, otherwise I go bersirk ha ha ha.
    I have chosen for 3 different puzzle games, one relax, one half relax and one twitch puzzler, and these are Mini Motorways, Chu Chu Rocket Universe and Hexaflip.

And when I finish one I’m deleting and get another.

4. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    I LOVE APPLE ARCADE

MrPayDay, Barak, ac166 and 1 other person like this.
  5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I'm sorry for asking here even though it's related but when exactly tomorrow is iPadOS rolling out? I understand Apple releases its stuff at certain times? I'm just eager to finally dive in like the rest. I'm sick of reading so much praise for Apple Arcade. I want to experience it myself. ;)

ROGER-NL likes this.
  6. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
  7. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    It’s usually around 9am/10am Cupertino time (so adjust that for wherever you live.. 6pm here in the UK).

it’s available already on the 13.1 iPadOS bets though (I’m playing right now on my iPad!)

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Do you guys know any simple and fun game to play with local co-op with my friends?

I am thinking Apple TV.

9. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ac166 alright, thank you. California is -9 hours, so I’ll be expecting the update sometimes around 6-7pm tomorrow.

I’m aware of beta of course. I just bought new iPad literally a few days ago and I didn’t see any reason to install beta for such short period of time. Especially after they shortened release time by a week.

So, less than 24 hours it is... :)

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I’m just as excited for tomorrow as with the Dreamcast launch 20 years ago ha ha.

11. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Does anyone know if there are any first person dungeon crawlers coming out on Apple Arcade?

12. Paulo Robiso

Paulo Robiso New Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Male
    IT is already here in Philippines as OF September 22

13. Johny_Toxic

Johny_Toxic Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Male
    Gaming Addict
    Indiana
    Apple Arcade is a pretty amazing source for the corky kind of artsy indie games that most on these forums go crazy about, but as far as any multiplayer substance, the games are terrible. I was hoping this would be an awesome way to open up the multiplayer genre and break away from the P2W era, but the games are terrible. The LEGO game, almost strikes a cord with what you’d expect to replace P2W stuff, but the controls... well really the controls on every game feels off. Maybe because they’ve been designed to be compatible with a controller. I haven’t played any yet that have felt extremely smooth or made for mobile.

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, I went through every single game thread here under Apple Arcade category and have pretty good idea what I want to play first as well as games I'm (probably) not gonna touch at all.

The difference is I'm downloading all of the desired ones right away and organize them using folders. I got inspired about the folders here in this thread and I'm going for it. I'm not sure about particular game I'm gonna start with yet, I'm probably going for one of the super short ones like Assemble with care.

It's actually quite a common complaint here that a lot of games are on the shorter side. On the other hand, I don't mind. If there's a constant influx of new quality games in the future, I actually welcome it. I usually don't like being stuck with a single game for too long. Finishing one and move to another sounds just fine.

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I don't think the games that require long-term time investment are the best fit for what Apple Arcade's all about. I believe its purpose is to bring quality (indie) games with strong focus on singleplayer experience. Narrative, story driven genre, puzzle games and whatnot. And when it comes to removing some titles and replacing them with new ones (and it's definitely coming in the future), it's easier to deal with these kind of games.

So I personally get it. Imagine my disappointment when the game's removed from the list after I invested hundreds of hours in it. Sure, they might add an option to purchase the game before it's gone, but I don't think that's what demographics of Apple Arcade wants.

MrPayDay likes this.
  16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’ve found a lot of games that I really like and am really enjoying, more then that I quite like that I haven’t made my mind up about completely yet. Some of them could have better controls but the majority seem to work well with the touch screen for me.

Of course I’d love to see more multiplayer games as I haven’t really found any I could or would play with anyone else but we still have the rest of the AppStore for that I’m happy to have a premium single player experience.

I do wonder what will happen when they come off arcade on if we will need to purchase them if we want to keep playing or if we will own them already.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm also interested to see what new games appear which arent Apple Arcade, pretty quiet week last week so i wonder if its back to normal this week with new releases.

So far Apple Arcade has been brilliant, a lot of choice and some very good games

Be great if you subscribed to Apple Arcade for at least 12 months you get to keep the games, doubt it but i do hope theres some sort of system

18. Morbus Iff

Morbus Iff Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    My Apple TV, which has been running the iOS 13 beta for a week or so now without Apple Arcade available, had Apple Arcade "unlocked" this morning (or maybe even last night). I am now able to download and play AA titles. Yay!

19. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    One and a half hour till IpadOS, so excited, hope all goes well.

ste86uk likes this.
  20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Good luck Roger, have fun!