General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    If you delete a game, then come back later and reinstall the game will it keep your progress or will you have to start over?

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I would hate a game I am playing in the moment gone. I mainly play a game at time. Now it’s Sayonara.

3. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    My ipad is sitting in a corner sulking atm lol. No arcade... no xbox controller support... i can honestly say I haven’t had this many games installed on my iphone since the day before the ipad 1 came out. Lol!

ROGER-NL likes this.
  4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    WCF isn’t the best so far for me, but you should check out Projection First light with your love of puzzles.

ROGER-NL likes this.
  5. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    I tried a few games, but I am not sold.

They all seem pretty casual and built more towards the iPads (text sizes on iPhone Xs are no fun).

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Agree on not being sold
    I will have to see what the other games they mentioned they haven’t dropped yet are about

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Clearly your trying the wrong games I’ve put 12 games in my keeping folder and 9 games in a maybe folder to try out more plus lots more to try yet.

Kings League 2 was probably one of the biggest surprises for me, very nice to have a game like that and it be premium for a change.

8. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk do you seriously have "keeping" folder and "maybe" folder on your device? That's hilarious :)

I can't wait to try Apple Arcade myself. Just couple more days...

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    lol yes I do I like to be organised and with so many games from AA I made 3 folders, yet to try, maybe and Apple Arcade which I’m keeping.

MrPayDay likes this.
  10. Morbus Iff

Morbus Iff Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    I do too, though I call them "(thumbs up emoji) Arcade" and "(thumbs down emoji) Arcade". I also use three other variants as well (though, not yet for Arcade as it's still too early): "(checkmark emoji) Arcade" for games I've completed, "(cancel sign emoji) Arcade" for games I'm not intending to play anymore but still want to keep around for some reason, and "(infinity symbol emoji) Arcade" for games that you'd theoretically play forever cos they keep regularly adding content to it.

Folder organization is srs bsns.

sweetdiss, halirin and ste86uk like this.
  11. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Obviously! :D

@ste86uk and @Morbus Iff thanks for inspiration! I bought new iPad two days ago and since it's 128GB, I should get organized as well. It's getting serious now. :)

ste86uk likes this.
  12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I didn't try the Apple Arcade yet being an iPad user but I'm taking it as equivalent of Game Pass on XBox. I bought Game Pass the day one with my console for three years in advance just so I wouldn't worry and care about it (who would've known they'll merge games with gold and game pass one day, right?).

I'm definitely going for a one year subscription right off the bat here. I probably spent more money last month on premium games like Telling Lies, Dead Cells etc than on this for a year. This way I don't have to rush through all those quality games like a lot of people is doing right now just to take advantage of a free month. For anyone whom prefer premium titles, Apple Arcade for its asking price is a no-brainer.

Ability to pick up a game of specific genre just to match my current mood is priceless. Not to mention they're all exclusives to this service. And there'll be more with coming months. Hopefully about the same quality.

I just hope we'll eventually get a chance to buy the games with a discount to own them, especially when (and if) it comes to removing some titles to free up a space for new ones. On the other hand, owning a digital content is always a tricky one. But you get the point.

MrPayDay likes this.
  13. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I personally don’t care that I can’t buy them. It’s digital content so don’t own it and you never know when they will be pulled from the store. Also mobile game are disposable entertainment so what ever. Netflix style subscription fits here perfectly.

14. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I’m all in $5 a month is a steal and I feel I’ve already gotten more than that in the amount of content I’ve experienced.

I’m really impressed so far and happy to pay $5 for a digital GameFly, Netflix, Gamepass-like service thru the AppStore.
    It’s about the experience and the enjoyment you get out of the experience and I’m having a good time. Don’t care if I own the game or not. Once I complete a game I’m pretty much done with it. On to the next

I also will pay for the year it’s worth it for me. That way I don’t worry about it for a little bit. I’m hoping it does well and that ppl jump on board and stay on. That way Apple will continue to stand behind it and expand on it

I believe the mobile gaming industry needed something like this as a push towards erasing the stigma that surrounds the industry and community. People who never played on mobile cause didn’t take it seriously enough or because they’re not into gaming period might jump on the bandwagon because it’s Apple and it’s trendy. The same way Nintendo did with the Wii for console gaming. They’re we’re ppl I knew who were not gamers who bought a Wii because it was “trendy” and got hooked and ever since then have been gaming. Hopefully it becomes the mainstream and not a trend.

I’m pretty sure the majority of the Touch Arcade community are skeptical because of all the calamities they have gone thru with the AppStore. I believe in the end they will hop on board because, let’s face it the starting lineup is pretty good and there’s a huge amount of content to start things off with

This is what T. A. and it’s community deserves. You guys have been fighting and advocating for so long. Screaming to the heavens about premium mobile gaming This is happening because of you and I hope it only gets better.

MrPayDay, Alex Wolf, ste86uk and 2 others like this.
  15. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Well spoken yankeeblue000.

16. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Thank you and thanx to all of you for being so helpful, informative , responsive and downright so cool You guys we’re really helpful in pointing the way in many directions to great experiences in this pass time that I love

ste86uk likes this.
  17. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I tried going to family share and in the itunes and app store purchases I don't see anything about sharing the arcade. Also, it seems like if I share it also shares payment, so when they buy something I pay for it?

Thanks!

18. jordn613

jordn613 Member

May 18, 2013
    Anyone else unable to pair their Dual Shock with their iphone? I’m on an 11 Pro and while it finds the controller it never connects. It worked on my XS running 13, fwiw.

19. Paulo Robiso

Paulo Robiso New Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Male
    I got today the Arcade in my Ipad Air 2019!

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m totally sold. Lots of quality games. Already got about 8 favourites which I’m playing lots. All different types. Got an iPhone XS which I play on for games and it’s all good.

Just £5 is such a bargain. Hope it’s a huge success. Love being able to get away from freemium stuff