General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Just did mine. Stoked!!!

ste86uk likes this.
  2. itsjmoll

itsjmoll New Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Male
    #82 itsjmoll, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Edit: Apple TV launches on the 30th. Answers my question!

3. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I was under the impression that these games were exclusive to Apple Arcade only but it seems that there are games the are releasing on consoles and pc So the only platform that you can’t play those games on it seems is Android and the AppStore I could be wrong

4. SpacePenguinBot

Nov 15, 2013
    The 2 criteria are:
    Exclusive to mobile, meaning Android
    Exclusive to subscription services, so it couldn’t be on XBOX Game Pass or similar.

5. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    O ok. Thanx for clarifying. Can’t complain at least we got them

6. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    I'm certain in 1/2 years some these game will be available on ps plus.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I don’t care if they are or not. Right now I’m happy as hell I’ve got about 100 new games to try

So far it’s great

8. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Yes, the value for apple arcade is stellar. Games are popping up on various other stores steam/epic/psn/switch for $10-20 EACH!

Hopefully the vision of apple arcade is not these only 100 games for $5, but they will rotate them in and out like Netlfix and we will get couple of new games each month.

So far I agree. Launch of apple arcade is amazing; it really feels like a launch of a new console.

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah totally agree with that point like its a new console ! Also reminds me when i got my first iphone (well ipod touch) and it was like WOAH so many games to try everyday.

Said elsewhere the only 'negative' is some games i'll try and if they dont grab me i'll delete to install another. If i had paid £5 each then i would play them much more to get my moneys worth ! But a good problem to have !!

Found a few games i really like so its paid for itself easily. Be interesting if they take games off Apple Arcade after some time or if it just keeps building up and up which i presume is the case. Just sooo weird not seeing multiple currencies or adverts or timers !

Cant wait to go through and try more. Already have a new folder for Apple Arcade and its filling up. So far so very good !

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Regional pricing in Brazil is very nice. It’s like less than $2.50. Gonna support for sure even if I don’t have the time to play atm.

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah thats a big plus, pricing for the UK is annoying, if somethings $5 its always £5 but thats still cheap. I'm glad Apple didnt go crazy with the pricing. That means i can pay for Gamesclub when that launches !

Even Apple TV+ is super cheap compared to other TV services

12. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Gonna support Apple all the way, not that they need it but these guys are saving me a lot of money, for example I spendid 1000 Euro’s on CD’s every year like 10 years ago, now with Apple Music I only spend 100 Euro per year and I can listen to whatever I want that’s just awesome, hello cheap future.
    And that goes with Apple Arcade also, only 60 Euro per year, were I normally spend also 1000 Euro, so it’s the deal of the century for me, go Apple.

MrPayDay likes this.
  13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Can anyone give some input on IOS 13 in general? Buggy? How long to install? I want to pull the trigger this time, but I want to make sure my phone doesn't blow up. Thanks.

14. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Just a question: which will be the frequency of titles we can get every month? Is possible that a new game could be out every day? Thanks for the answers!!

15. Kalesti

Kalesti Member

Oct 1, 2016
    No issues on iPhone 7 for me.

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #96 ROGER-NL, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    There are 6 games that stand out for me, didn’t play anything yet but just looking at it, no wonder these 6 are puzzle games, my fave genre ha ha.

1. Mini Motorways
    2. Assemble with Care
    3. Where Cards Fall
    4 Down in Bermuda
    5. The Enchanted World
    6. Chu Chu Rocket Universe

17. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    My second fave genre is Arcade/Action and here are the 6 games I’m gonna play.

1. Dodo Peak
    2. Hexaflip
    3. Super Impossible Road
    4. Frogger in Toy Town
    5. Speed Demons
    6. What The Golf?

18. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    If they do go the "Netflix" approach, I hope they will give us the option to permanently purchase a game before it rotates out. So far this has paid for itself in spades. I spend way more than 4.99/month and this way if I don't like the game, delete and no harm done.

19. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm not sure if I will keep the subscription after the trial as I'm almost exclusively playing my Switch and Oculus Quest right now, but damn $5 is an absolutely *insane* steal for all these games. It's kind of funny how Apple is notorious for charging a lot for hardware, but no one ever talks about how they seem to UNDER charge for the services that run on it. I guess it makes sense since you usually need to pony up for the hardware first, though.

Anyway, most of the games I've tried have been incredible. It's an amazing feeling suddenly getting dozens of high-quality games *essentially for free* dropped on you all at once for a device you already have in your pocket. What a world.

I might keep the subscription just for Mini Motorways alone, but we'll see how much I'm playing at the end of the trial. There are just too many amazing platforms with amazing games right now. Pretty nice problem to have!

Overall this is a HUGE win for mobile gamers and I hope it pays off for Apple.

20. SpacePenguinBot

Nov 15, 2013
    Highly recommend you try The Pinball Wizard