General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Jumpy Jumper

Jumpy Jumper Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    I need help with the name of another game.

It was shown on in promotional videos for the launch of Apple Arcade - a character in a shirt & tie is running on a street trying to avoid being stepped on by giants.

If I recall correctly the character design had no face and I think it is the last clip in this video

can someone identify the other games? I know Sneaky Sasquatch, Where Cards Fall, Sonic and Oceanhorn

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    The title you are most likely you are referring to is Sayonara Hearts. It’s still available on AA, and it’s an incredible action rhythm game. It’s also on PS4 and Xbox One.

3. Jumpy Jumper

Jumpy Jumper Member

Mar 29, 2020
    Male
    I remember clips of this game from the Apple events and promotional videos but I was sure the game I’m thinking of was a different one.

However I will trust your superior knowledge if this is the game you think of from my description ;)

Thank you.

4. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Oxenfree is a classic, I can't imagine that was removed based on poor reception (unless the mobile port is bad - I played on console). More likely it was something to do with the Netflix deal in this case. I'm assuming Apple only had the rights to it for so long, and Netflix offered more than Apple would give them to renew the rights.

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Oxenfree was never on Apple Arcade, as far as I remember. Night School did release a standard iOS port a few years ago — that’s the one that was removed from the App Store.

Jumpy Jumper likes this.
  6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I wish arcade games had a simple upload/download for cloud saves as a default across the whole arcade. I’m playing Castle Crumble on my ipad and my iphone, wife is also playing it on her ipad. We currently have three different sets of progress lol. My phone says im 280 stars in, my ipad says im 265 and my wifes iphone says im 34.

-facepalm-

7. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    I wish that when they removed games from Arcade, they just removed them from the store and removed the ability to redownload them, but didn't make existing installs non-functional. Would be way more understandable and less annoying for the typical AA subscriber, while still effectively sunsetting the app availability for most user.

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    That sounds like a great idea. But I bet you that making the game non-functional is in the licensing agreement.

9. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Oh, I'm sure. Just seems like a strange concession for Apple to make given the leverage I'd imagine they had in these licensing discussions.

10. ZacBobisKing

ZacBobisKing Active Member

May 12, 2021
    Male
    Where are the new games for this month?

11. Alex DeLargest

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Huh, is kind of strange that they haven’t revealed that.

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    With over 20 new AA games available this month including the exclusives, I’m sure there are many happy gamers out there

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I was super pumped. If any of y’all have younger kids, getting the full Disney Coloring app was like Christmas - I scared my daughter with my reaction when I saw it.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just released ad for Apple Arcade, highlighting some of the 20 new games on the service:

15. ZacBobisKing

ZacBobisKing Active Member

May 12, 2021
    Male
    New games when

16. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Saw the July lineup very good games for July I think I hope oceanhorn 2 will have another update soon cornfox hasn’t updated the game at all this year

17. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    July lineup is very good especially for those that haven’t played Slay the Spire, Ridiculous Fishing, and Stardew Valley. Which is not many but I’m sure Apple Arcade is subscribed to by a few people who may encounter these games for the first time. Iv’e really been enjoying TMNT and Deadcells + (which I bought previously but use AA version now) and other gems like Bleak Sword, Oregon Trail (best version of the game that iv’e seen!) and Little Orpheus. My only dislike of the service is that some games eventually leave but at least Apple keeps introducing strong titles and has a really good balance of games for all ages.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just had a notification that the Apple Arcade price is going up from £4.99 to £6.99 from next month.

I’m sure some won’t like that change. I don’t mind as long as I feel like I’m getting value for my money with future content.

squarezero likes this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Mentally when it was £4.99 and under a fiver it didn’t seem too bad. £6.99 seems a bit of a jump ?

still the price of day a single premium game. I used to have AA but gave up on it. Have to take another look at what’s available

20. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @psj3809 there's a few coming out soon-ish that I’m interested in so definitely keeping it for now, still got games that come out recently I’ve yet to play too that I really want to check out.

But I hear you, £4.99 doesn’t seem so bad but £6.99 feels worse. But as you said it’s the price of one game so if there’s more than 1/2 games you want to play a month with everything that’s on there and coming it’s not bad. I do wonder if the price increase will mean more and even better games as they will have a bigger budget to spend or if it’s just an increase for their profit margin.