General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yeah personally I figure 5 bucks for a ton of games on catalog to rent is fair for me as I’ve spent wayyy more for games that I only played once or twice. My phone has 4 PAGES of games and folders with games in them as well that I’ll most likely never touch again due to my...oh look there’s a rabbit mentality...this gives me a chance to play some of the games I might not have taken a chance on and still have some great titles that I would’ve i.e. Cat Quest II and the Tortuga Team game (I got to beta test the 1st 3 games they came out with...they even let me rename all of the achievements on the 2nd game cause they loved me so much for helping) are ones I would pick up no matter what. But games like Sayonara and Where the Cards Fall look cool but most likely wouldn’t play otherwise.
    Also I didn’t know that you actually download the games to your phone. I was thinking that you did everything through the “Arcade App” now I understand it differently which is still fine as well. I’m a nub lol

2. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    This seems to be a huge gamble for everyone involved A gamble which I hope pays off I wonder what happens when a games dowload numbers go down Is the game removed by Apple or is the dev allowed to do so or are they locked in a timed contract and have to just sit it out till said contract is up due to the possibility that they were paid up front or is revenue even dependent on downloads Just wondering not sure I guess I’m hoping for this to workout for everyone

3. Gabsond

Gabsond Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2017
    Hey there,

Our game "Towaga: Among Shadows" is now available on Apple Arcade.
    Feel free to give us your feedback guys!

Cheers

ac166, rhljk14 and ste86uk like this.
  4. jordn613

jordn613 Member

May 18, 2013
    Can anyone recommend a good accessory to attach a Dual Shock 4 or an Xbox One controller to an iPhone? Preferably one you've used yourself and can attest that it fits well and is solidly built.

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Still not sure if IOS 13 will be directly for Ipad, still hoping though.

6. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009

Jovitec Foldable Controller Clip Mobile Phone Plastic Holder Smartphone Game Clamp for Xbox One Controller (2 Pack) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DQBPH15/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_JghVlIEdJcNBq

I got this from amazon for £9, and that’s for 2.

Its obviously not the highest grade but it holds my phone fine (Max in a case) and it’s cheap enough to not worry about it inevitably giving up the ghost one day.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well i'm sure Apple have done their homework, at $5 its such a bargain. And yeah be interesting to know if they keep adding to the library or indeed take some games away. Be interesting to know what devs have been told but i havent read anything

8. GameAndGive

GameAndGive Member

Sep 8, 2019
    #48 GameAndGive, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Hi, any reason my threads was removed from Apple Arcade forum? It was “Sonic Racing”, “Possessions” and “Painty Mob”. Did I post the threads incorrectly?

9. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I can not believe that Apple who you say Apple ah will let people with only an Ipad wait 11 day’s longer for Apple Arcade than people with Iphone’s.

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I did message board dummy about it as there is no thread for it still and I wanted to leave my impressions.

But yes definitely worth checking out in short.

Edit; also anyone else finding their ratings for games vanishing on arcade? Some of my ratings and reviews are gone.

11. User73972

User73972 Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Female
    Install the public beta. beta.apple.com and remove the beta profile day before it officially releases so you get the official release update.

Iv been using iPad OS 13.1 beta for a few days and its super stable

ROGER-NL likes this.
  12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks for the advice but I just wait.

13. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I’m sure that Apple and the devs have some sort of no talkie agreement in their clauses so they can’t discuss pay structures and payouts. BUT since I believe you download the games you want they can surely track what revenue gets split to whom pretty fairly. Let’s say a Squuenix game gets 2mil downloads compared to an indie dev who get only 100k. The share will not be pooled together and distributed evenly. That wouldn’t make much sense for the big boys to sign up on. But it’s Apple and who knows.

yankeeblue000 likes this.
  14. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Hey guys, do you know at what time the iOS 13 and the Apple Arcade will be out? I’m in Italy and i believe between 18 and 19 pm CET. What you think?

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I've been hearing 10am PST, so about 30 minutes from now.

16. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    We have Disney+ now for trial in the Netherlands, the smallest country on earth got Disney+ first what ha ha, but I want Apple Arcade come on Apple, just do it on Ipad please.

17. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks!

18. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
  19. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
  20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Downloading now but it’s gonna take a while. Still it’s on its way. Finally !,