General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Greg Barber

Greg Barber New Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Male
    So it was 6 this week - to bring us up to the perfect 100 available now!

2. tandiblue

tandiblue Member

Mar 17, 2016
    I checked with MFi (Nimbus) and only Takeshi and Hiroshi has no controller support.

Draven2222 likes this.
  3. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Thnx Tandi!

4. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Hi Dr,
    Many MFi Controllers Available these days, but only 4 are worth anything TBH.

These are:
    • GAMEVICE , Gamevice is a formfitting MFi Controller , which means it attaches to your iOS Device, they make many versions depending on which Apple device u own iPad/Mini/Pro or iPhones., main benifit is comfort, in hand gaming like Nintendo Switch. also they connect using the lightning connector so there is no battery to charge them.
    • SteelSeries Nimbus : The Nimbus is a standard bluetooth controller like XBX/PS4 controllers. this controller does not have clickable sticks.. like PS4/XBX controllers as no-games support them at the moment.
    • HORIPad Ultimate : The ultimate is same standard bluetooth controller as above. great build quality, but again no clickable sticks.
    • GameSir M2 : Another standard bluetooth controller, but this one has a fold out arm clamp to hold your iPhone., again no clickable sticks..
    This clickable sticks thing, or L3/R3 is new for Apple, and they have only just introduced it for MFi Controller Manufacturers. Both XBX & PS4's L3/R3 are supported on iOS13.. but no game makes use of them just yet, apparently 'Fortnite' is going to at some point.
    It's an effort on Apple's part to try to standardize controller format across platforms so devs have an easier time porting there games to Apple platform.

The only MFi Controller to currently to support L3/R3 clickable sticks is the Rotor Riot MFi Controller.

I would consider a GAMEVICE, as these offer in the hand Nintendo Switch style experience, and i hear their new models (soon to be announced) will support the new MFi Standard,, ie. L3 & R3 clicky sticks.
    TBH i would stick with PS4.XBX controllers for now as they are well established as being great controllers, and the price of MFi controllers is about the same as PS4/XBX. MFi Controllers do not offer u anything more than what PS4/XBX deliver.
    NOTE: All pre-existing MFi Controller supported games before the launch of iOS13 will now work with XBX/PS4 controllers aslong as u got iOS13 installed.
    The Trick is knowing which games actually support a controller or not.. as Apple did not address this prior to Apple Arcade, it was trial and error on the gamers part and very...very frustrating.

Drop me a PM if u want more info on controller support games on Apple
    Hope This helps.

Georgina and drpalland like this.
  5. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    So is only one new game this week? Rosie’s Reality. Even if it is, I’m having a great time with it. Very polished puzzler.

6. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah it seems so. But some other games could be out in the next hours.

7. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @Capronissimo71 or not. It’s 100+ games already and we got what we’ve been promised, amount-wise. But of course there are still some titles we get eventually in the future. It might take a while though. Anyway, still tons of content to play. I might finally get my hands on those big games like Oceanhorn 2 or Cat Quest 2 etc... Actually, I wouldn’t mind if the influx of new titles slowed down a little. It’s been pretty hectic since the start of the service. I’m in it for a long run.;)

8. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Totally agree!!

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    The new game is fun to play, it’s Rosie’s Reality.

DonnyDJ76 likes this.
  10. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Roger, are there achievements?

11. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Rosie’s Reality doesn’t seem my cup of tea. I hope there are more coming out today? It would be disappointed if only 1 game came out this week.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @DonnyDJ76 why are you asking @ROGER-NL? Ask me!:D I've seen it first.:p

But. No, there are no achievements.

13. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Too bad re no achievements but if it’s a good game, I’ll try it out!

14. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Controller Support? your app description has no info on this.

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Do you even try these games before asking this? I wouldn’t play it with a controller if I was forced to.

16. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    You need to stop this. It's annoying for everyone in the forum. If you really want to make a crusade of it, email the various developers directly. They'll actually see then and you won't be annoying everyone else.

17. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    Hey, im asking here because you guys have played it..it's not meant to be annoying. and quiet frankly i find your reply offensive. if u dont want to see my RELEVANT QUESTION ignore me like macsplash suggests.
    And YES i do email devs directly.

18. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    It's the same question in almost every thread. It's just tedious. And I don't like ignoring people because you can lose the flow of a thread, and you never know, they might one day post something interesting. But you're right, I might make an exception for you.

19. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    The last post i done was ANSWERING a question about controller support, Crescent Moon's new game "Whipseey" it's good btw. if u into retro 2D platformers, supports both PS4, MFi & XBX controllers.
    And yes i you guessed it, i'm into playing games with a controller like many other people on this forum, sorry if this "Annoys" you.
    Anyhow, this thread is about the new Apple Arcade release 'Rosies Reality' so back to the original question, controller support anyone know?

20. Draven2222

Dec 16, 2013
    No I don’t play touchscreen games, certainly not downloading them to see if there’s a chance they support controllers or not..if no info is in a app description to tell me..
    Rosies reality’s main website shows a family happily engaged in the game, 2 of them are holding xbx1 Controllers, the other has a PS4 DualShock..not saying you are forced to play it with a controller , but if the developer is actively promoting their game with photos of this then maybe it would be wise to check it out? Because maybe it plays a little better ? Maybe it was designed for controller play?
    Many great games get lost in translation when porting to touchscreen..if this is one of them I would like to know..