General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I will definitely still buy premium games that I want along with having arcade. But I feel myself scouring what’s out there less looking for something to buy because I have so many games to play already.

But I imagine I’ll start looking more and more as time goes on as I imagine AA releases will be a slow steady flow possibly? Not a crazy amount of new games all at once like with the launch.

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Does anyone know how often new games are released?

feel like nothing has really been added since launch.

3. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    They released 70 games in one batch and it hasn’t seen even a month since the launch. That is still an overkill.

Don’t worry, they will add new games near the billing date :)

macplash likes this.
  4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Definitely not complaining. Just looking forward to a few games that were expected on the horizon.

The one bad thing about AA is that Wednesday’s aren’t as exciting.

5. MrPayDay

MrPayDay Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Germany
    #205 MrPayDay, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    The Apple Arcade made me buy a new IPad Pro 12.9 specifically for gaming and also for Netflix/Amazon Video, my eBooks and and Readly (App for magazines and newspapers) .
    So the incentive of the Apple Arcade subscription is that it is a usecase for new pads. Double win for Apple :D

With a growing catalogue and a ton of quality games I would easily pay 10 or even 15 Euro per month.

stubbieoz, ste86uk, macplash and 2 others like this.
  6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Do you use a control with it too?

I always find it hard to decide as I still have the iPad Air 2 but I always play on my iPhone X these days which I can upgrade next month. I just find I play so much on my phone because it’s always there ready and I get time at work to play which wouldn’t be convenient for taking my iPad along with me.

Do any of you use both and switch between? When I did I found not many games synced progress that well between them so other than for Vainglory I ended up all on my phone. So I’ve been thinking about getting the 11 pro or pro max.

But my wife loves my iPad Air 2 so she would probably be happy if I went with a new iPad instead or got both!

weipeng and MrPayDay like this.
  7. MrPayDay

MrPayDay Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Germany
    i upgraded from the 9.7” iPad Pro 1st gen 2016 and was torn between the Pro 2018 11” and 12.9”.
    I am so glad I took the 12.9”, I am so addicted to the big screen, it makes Safari Surfing and forums, YouTube, Reddit, TA, ebooks+magazines+Newspaper reading so much more enjoyable and especially gaming is amazing.
    I did not buy a controller so far, but I will eventually.
    I don’t play on my iPhone anymore. It’s too small for me, I love the big playing field = screensize the iPad Pro 12.9“ provides.

So, to stay on topic, it was indeed Apple Arcade that literally sold me lon upgrading to a new and bigger iPad.
    The 11“ pro will work amazing as well, the CPU power is ridiculous impressive for a Pad. The iPads of the 3rd Gen (2018) are three times faster than my old iPad Pro 1st gen, it’s an incredible performance jump and the 3rd gen iPads are perfect for iOS gaming the next years.

weipeng and ste86uk like this.
  8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    The games I have played so far in Arcade have had impeccable saving across devices. It is very impressive how intuitive it all works.
    I also have the 3rd gen big iPad Pro and use it mostly for gaming. It is a beautiful device for games and I highly suggest you give it serious consideration before buying the smaller version. I did have a first gen big Pro (my wife now has that) and like MrPayDay said, the performance jump is incredible, and that is keeping in mind that the 1st gen was no slouch with performance.
    Along with that I have the Nimbus Steel Series controller that has always worked in the past with any iOS games that support controllers.
    I will sometimes play a game on my iPhone 8 Plus but that is only for the times I am.... well.... mobile. It is very jarring playing a game on a much smaller screen if you have first seen it on a really big one.
    I have my Pro setup at home in a handmade stand that funny enough is sitting right in front of my, hardly used now, pc monitor.

A bonus with Arcade is all the games are optimised for the latest gen iPad Pros.
    Playing older games that are not will give you a 5mm black border around the viewable screen on the big Pro and I believe on the smaller one as well. Something to do with the new resolutions of the 3rd gen and also, I think, the fact the viewable screen has rounded corners.

weipeng and ste86uk like this.
  9. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #209 macplash, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
  11. Cozmic0

Cozmic0 Member

Jun 25, 2012
    I never could understand Apple strategy, with no announcement or schedule and bam! sunday morning new game drops!

12. aussiepaul

aussiepaul Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2013
    Im enjoying both AA and Grid Autosport and totally agree re Grid over RR3

13. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    I can’t get the resume to work from my iPhone 7 to my Apple TV 4K. I checked that my Game Centre accounts on both are the same login and password. I did have a much older Game Centre account that may have been a conflict but half way through Assemble on my iPhone but on my Apple TV it’s all the way back at the start.

14. Mike Kurrle

Mike Kurrle Active Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    I'm sure this is a common question, but is there a place on this forum, or elsewhere, to find release dates?

15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Sorry to disappoint you, but there are no release dates for Apple Arcade games anywhere whatsoever. It’s been discussed already, but it’s kinda lame tactics on Apple’s end just adding games without any previous announcement. Like in case of four latest titles added.

16. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Quick question if anyone can advise please:
    I’ve just finished Possessions which as lovely and as great as it is, is remarkably short and I’m hoping that they’ll add more levels, but if I delete it to save space are arcade games automatically cloud saved? I can’t find any option in the game anywhere.

thanks in advance

17. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @orangecan no worries, your data are safe. I finished the game already and deleted it as well a few days ago. So for a peace of mind I re-downloaded it right now just for you and after I started the game I was met with this screen immediately:

[​IMG]

18. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I just lost my save game today on Where Card’s Fall, there was an update so I updated the game and footsie all gone ha ha, gonna play all over bc it’s one of AA’a best games at the moment.

19. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ROGER-NL it’s game’s fault, not iCloud’s. With new update they had to screw up something to make it incompatible with previous version. You should reach out to developer, at least to inform them. This is not the case of Possessions though. There’s been an update already pointing specifically to saving issues and everything works just fine. Screenshot attachment included as a proof above.;)

20. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah I know mac, I was just saying that it happened, but thanks, hope the developer of WCF reads this thread ha ha.