General Apple Arcade Discussion

Discussion in 'Apple Arcade' started by Boardumb, Sep 18, 2019.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh okay, fair enough.
    Far as Australia is concerned there is no 13.1.1. update.
    13.1 is showing as latest version in settings.

2. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #182 stubbieoz, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Could it be that the update is not needed for iPad Pro 12.9” 3rd gen perhaps. :confused:

Even tried to update the iPad via iTunes on my pc and it still said that 13.1 is the latest.

3. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Is it possible you’re on iOS 13 Beta?

I was on iOS 13.1 beta (in Australia) and just removed the beta profile so I could return to the civilian release. Straight away I had a notification that iOS 13.1.1 was ready to download & install. I’m fairly certain that beta 13.1 is exactly the same as the civilian 13.1.1 release. Not sure if any of this helps but hope it does. Fun fact: I saw that the new iOS update was 3gb, so I quickly shelved that idea & went back to the beta because it has worked flawlessly so far.

4. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh there you go...... Yep I have the beta.
    Now I’m off to google how do I remove the beta lol.
    Thanks for the heads up mate..... it was really bugging me. :D

edit:
    Done and dusted.
    All is right with the world again.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  5. MrBreitling

MrBreitling Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 31, 2015
    Male
    Just a small thought now that Arcade is live.... Anyone more than me who would love to see Bioshock come back, updated and fully working in Apple arcade?

PCKid likes this.
  6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Apple has stated that AppleArcade will only be releasing new titles.
    GameClub is the company that is bringing back old games to iOS.
    They often ask the beta testers what games they would like to see return.
    Try emailing them.
    [email protected]

7. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I wouldn’t worry too much about it, it’s had absolutely no effect on the battery life of my iPad Pro, it’s suffered a major decrease in life since 13, I thought it might have been the arcade titles draining it but it just seems to be a general thing

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Having my Pro connected to the power most of the time I never check battery usage.
    But I’m now going to make sure I see how things go without.

9. Mike Kurrle

Mike Kurrle Active Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Male
    Does anyone know if Apple Arcade works in the newly released macOS developer beta 10?

10. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Chu Chu Rocket Universe is my fave game of AA at the moment, I’m alway’s jumping on my chair with joy of how much fun this is, as a SEGA fan mostly of the Dreamcast it’s great to see they still have it.

ste86uk likes this.
  11. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    Very nice Apple Arcade article from The Verge (Apple News):

https://apple.news/AE14IbJYxTTuW2KSxhY9ilg

Couple of quotes from the article that I thought were interesting:

“Apple Arcade — and in particular the funding from Apple — has given mobile developers the freedom to think big without having to worry about how they’re going to make that money back.“

“Whatever and however developers are being paid, it appears to be enough to give them the ability to focus on the kinds of games they want to make, rather than the kinds that currently dominate mobile app stores.“

“Many studios had to dramatically speed up production in order to hit the September 19th launch deadline, and Arcade games have certain requirements that make them more technically demanding than a typical App Store release.”

“It’s unclear how Apple Arcade will grow or evolve in the future, but it’s off to a surprisingly great start, providing a new option for games that might not otherwise have a viable home on mobile.“

MrPayDay and ste86uk like this.
  12. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Wait a minute so all the Apple Arcade titles are exclusive to the service meaning you can’t buy them separately ? Wow Apple being Apple....lol, no thanks

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well its not a surprise, this was announced ages ago. Dont get me wrong i want to buy the games to 'keep' but i can see why theyre doing this. If the games werent exclusive and you only wanted say '5' out of the 100 then you would just buy them wouldnt you ? They need to attract users to this. They were always going to be exclusive or why would people sign up ?

I'm hoping after a year or IF a game is removed from Apple Arcade then it would be available to buy. Must be some agreement saying after a certain time it can be resold ?

Dont knock it though, sign up for the free trial and give it a go. Well well worth the money.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don’t even bother. That’s fulcizombie being fulcizombie.

To be clear, Apple has a financial stake on every game in Apple Arcade. The fact that you can buy many of them on Steam or console is kind a generous thing. I do suspect that these are timed deals and that games will eventually cycle out of the service (and into the AppStore and Google Play).

As it is, I’ve put 14 hours into Oceanhorn 2 and I’m still in my free month. To call this service a good value is an understatement.

15. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Well, to answer your question with example, I just bought Grid Autosport not because I’m being bored by Apple Arcade games, just because I wanted something else. As I previously stated I’m going for 1 year subscription right off the bat, hence there’s no rush for me. I don’t want and have to play everything during the free period. And that brings me some serenity. Takes the load off. I just felt I wanted to do some racing today. And I’d have to be a total moron to go for f2p grindfest crap like RR3, Asphalt or else. And man, did I make the right decision? Hell yeah.. This game’s totally insane! So, to put it shortly: I don’t live and breathe “Apple Arcade only“ these days.:cool:

aussiepaul likes this.
  16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Would be nice if we could get release dates for future Arcade titles.

ste86uk likes this.
  17. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I consider myself a somewhat ‘hardcore’ iOS gamer. I have invested heavily in only premium iOS games.
    There are at least a dozen titles I have played so far in Arcade that I expect to be playing till I finish them.
    I have also just purchased the complete Blood Card package which is not an Arcade title.

So for me AA has had no effect on my desire to purchase premium iOS games.
    I am still checking every day all the gaming sites, including TA, for any good premium game releases.

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What do you mean with subscribing for a year? I thought it’s just a monthly thing.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    @ste86uk I didn't get into details yet. It's irrelevant during free period. I was under impression there's naturally 1year subscription option for $60. At least that's what I read on Verge, 9to5mac etc. Now you mentioned it, it might've been just speculation on their sides. Because I was just trying to find that and you're right, there's only a Monthly option available ATM. Still, doesn't make any difference to me. I see no reason to cancel, so if it takes my money monthly or yearly, I don't care. Apple Arcade FTW! :)

ste86uk likes this.
  20. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    yeah after a week of living with Arcade I’ve realised it’s had little effect on my non-arcade buying either, I think last week when I posted there just wasn’t anything about that appealed! Since then I’ve bought lockes quest and dear Esther so yep it’s not going to affect my buying others either