Gene Effect - by Lightstorm3D : $3.99 -> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sladeums, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Cool game, kind of reminds me of a very surreal glowfish. I really like the graphics on my new ipad. I like the way this is an exploring game, and the controls feel very natural and well done. Recommended!

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well said, besides it was 2 months... That's longer than I expected. still it's sad, but yeah, you're right, it's under 5$. Also, thanks for confirming the IL situation.

3. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Non game apps rarely go on sale, save your money for that, all games drop to .99cents or free

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    They make apps that aren't games???

5. Well I downloaded an app once called "Understand G-Spot", so there must be some apps that aren't games... Haha

And it was even on sale for free, which breaks the notion that non gaming apps don't go free.

Now I'm kind of curious what that app is, See ya guys...

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    This would be funny if it weren't so true...

Nah, scratch that. It's funny and it's true!;):p:D

DBC

7. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, mixed feelings so far. I would say this game is 80 percent atmosphere, with incredible music, and some "oh, wow" moments visually. The story is definitely compelling, seemingly riffing off of what Tigerstyle did with Waking Mars.

But the gameplay isn't wowing me so far. It's okay, and the controls are actually really well done. On the fence, though, about whether or not I'll finish it all the way through. I love polish and production values, but at the end of the day, it's still got to be fun to play. This is just...okay.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Stop right there.

9. Anyway... Back to the game at hand... This game is so dark, is there anyway to set the brightness higher? I keep bumping into things, and if I'm not playing in the dark, it is hard to make out the background. Or maybe I have to jack up the
    Brightness on my ipad?

Anyone else having this problem? How does it look on the iphone, is it really dark too?

10. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yup, there is a brightness setting in the options menu. You can also turn on bloom lighting and other effects meant for newer devices.